1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

On 24/02/2019 at 19:22, shyVRS245 said:

Our local dealer has mainly 1.0Tsi or 1.6Tdi used Karoq's for sale. They would probably jump (joke) at the chance to buy back our 13 month old SEL with 12,996 miles under it's tyres now.:giggle:

I know for a fact that our old Kangaroo is still for sale at the dealer.. at £24990! Good luck shifting that. DV68SRU. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

@Xtra2

DV68 SUR you say.

?

Which Dealership group is selling this bargain.  Like hens teeth, fully loaded and full of the latest characteristics?

FREE SKIPPY with every drive. Simply (not) clever built in feature (it's a characteristic not a fault remember).:thumbdown:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xtra2 said:

I know for a fact that our old Kangaroo is still for sale at the dealer.. at £24990! Good luck shifting that. DV68SRU. 

Skoda UK told me that rejected cars cannot be resold .......... where is the DVSA; what are they messing about at?

Surely enough of us have written to DVSA by now.

@StEdmund, do you have that in writing from someone at Skoda UK HQ? 

Skoda / VW Group have been putting back into trade rejected cars for years.   Maybe this time they are accepting it is a Safety Critical issue since they are providing Courtesy Loan cars, 

but no Recall or Recall Actions.  So is it an agreed thing with the DVSA that only those with a complaint will be returning vehicles, rejecting them and they are then taken off the road and can not be sold.

A Flying pig distracted me there....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

@StEdmund, do you have that in writing from someone at Skoda UK HQ? 

Skoda / VW Group have been putting back into trade rejected cars for years.   Maybe this time they are accepting it is a Safety Critical issue since they are providing Courtesy Loan cars, 

but no Recall or Recall Actions.  So is it an agreed thing with the DVSA that only those with a complaint will be returning vehicles, rejecting them and they are then taken off the road and can not be sold.

A Flying pig distracted me there....

I did start to wonder if attention was being given only to those drivers who complained about their cars. It took me two months of blaming myself e.g. asking myself if I had tried to start in third rather than first gear, before I realised that the problem was the car. I fear that there will be people out there, dimmer even than me, who are continuing to blame themselves.

I suspect that if the information were broadcast on say, Watchdog, then many more would come forward. VAG has done amazingly well to keep it under wraps - it almost feels like a conspiracy.

My Karoq is currently back at the dealers until a fix is ready. I have it on record that if the fix takes too long, or is unsatisfactory, then I still have the option of having my money back.

It appears the motoring mags are more concerned about protecting advertising revenue than advising their loyal trusting readership. 

They know dam well by now about this engine’s issues.

They will not report the truth for fear of upsetting VAG.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kodiaqman said:

It appears the motoring mags are more concerned about protecting advertising revenue than advising their loyal trusting readership. 

They know dam well by now about this engine’s issues.

They will not report the truth for fear of upsetting VAG.

I suspect that you're right and if you are, it's really disappointing. This is a problem, not just in the motor industry, but many industries where the line between journalistic integrity and preferential treatment is becoming blurred to the point of perversion.

It is not just advertising revenue they are worried about. If they don't review or cover brand products favourably they will not get invited to events and test drives of the latest vehicles and so are cut out of the loop for getting the scoop and early access to the newest vehicles that are valuable because their readership is interested in them.

It's a sign of a corrupt system but it's also important to point out that VAG are not the only player in the game that will do this. Any large company with a lot of sway and money will do it (and do do it).

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, StEdmund said:

I did start to wonder if attention was being given only to those drivers who complained about their cars. It took me two months of blaming myself e.g. asking myself if I had tried to start in third rather than first gear, before I realised that the problem was the car. I fear that there will be people out there, dimmer even than me, who are continuing to blame themselves.

I suspect that if the information were broadcast on say, Watchdog, then many more would come forward. VAG has done amazingly well to keep it under wraps - it almost feels like a conspiracy.

My Karoq is currently back at the dealers until a fix is ready. I have it on record that if the fix takes too long, or is unsatisfactory, then I still have the option of having my money back.

That's what happened to R.Kelly. They made a programme saying how naughty he was and teenage girls (now in their 30's) suddenly decided to go to the Police and complain. Just need Watchdog to deliver the R.Kelly moment.:blush

Lets stop mourning  here:   Act!   Write!  Complain!  This engine/car can kill our families!   

Put your concerns into words and let them know!

Send your email to:

Jens Katemann
Head of Communications

katemann-seda-384x216.jpg

e: [email protected]
t: +420 326 811 880

Tomáš Kotera
Head of Corporate Communications

tomas-kotera-384x216.jpg

t: +420 326 811 773

Alžběta Šťastná
Spokesperson Product Communications
(KAROQ, KODIAQ, SUPERB)

zena-seda-384x216.jpg

t: +420 605 293 509

My email will look like this:

My dear Skoda representatives:

Read this forum topic: 

I am unhappy owner of Karoq 1.5Tsi man

I paid 100% price and expected 100% quality and safety.

But I am not satisfied with the product.

I am scared of engine special "characteristics!"

I am angry that  SKODA did not tell me about such  characteristics  before i  bought the car.

Please consider what you reply to me! Do not even try to fobb me off!

It is up to you now. Do not get it worse.

There are thousands of  annoyed  Skoda, SEAT, VW owners over the world just like me. If needed, we will  sue you.

But what you should be really afraid of: We all can tell our friends, colleagues and all social media  - DO NOT BUY SKODA/SEAT/VW cars cos its UNSAFE! 

Amen

• Like 1

Screen from one forum.

D2E39EA0-4929-4D36-8EB0-0C10D41CAFDB.thumb.jpeg.3b0c7b0b8e028270697f1598d3bae4be.jpeg

google translate:

Yesterday I was reading a forum of people who are having problems with the 1.5 TSI because of a jerk problem when I went out at first. I remembered something that I had to do with the OBD eleven. It is an adaptation in the unit "03 Brake electronics". There is a point called "Reduction of Oscillation in the Start - Limitation of Torque". Well, coinciding with the repro I was touching these values to improve the output (following a foreign forum in which they tried to activate the launch control to a golf). I had set this parameter with the value "Off". Yesterday afternoon / night I changed it to "Activated". The same is a placebo effect and before launching the bells on the fly I want to give a few days to try it out. But the fact is that although at the beginning I did not notice anything, today in the morning when coming to work I notice the car much smoother in the exit. Before I had to be very fine with the pedals to come out smoothly. Now I notice the most civilized car (even with a lack of punching, taking into account that no matter how many times I reproduced it, I still wear a 1.4). Before changing it I noticed it rough. In short, we will see with the passage of the days. The same was the sufferer of my own mistakes .... Which would make me happy.

I mention it here so that if there is a farm like me, consider the possible consequences of what it touches.

I keep you informed.

maybe somebady have obd11 or odis for test this method ? 

• Like 2

Might be Simply Clever to try it in a Demonstrator belonging to Skoda rather than a car you own and which you are going to be waiting to have 'fixed' by VW / Skoda.

Obviously risky and you might just be caught tampering with other peoples property.

Not that different though from putting your car into a Dealership for a service only to discover they did a Software Update without having asked if they could...

But that Spanish Guy has a 1.4tsi Passat. Is it even relevant? 1.4tsi engines have no reported problems.

And I'm sure VAG engineers aren't that thick as to miss a simple adaption setting for well over a year.

Edited by xman
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, xman said:

But that Spanish Guy has a 1.4tsi Passat. Is it even relevant? 1.4tsi engines have no reported problems.

And I'm sure VAG engineers aren't that thick as to miss a simple adaption setting for well over a year.

I saw a guy from Russia on the Internet. he has a new 1.4tsi with 150hp and he has the same problem like ours :(

I think Skoffski is right, too risky to intervene in the car yourself.

We will continue to wait ...:(((

On 26/02/2019 at 18:31, StEdmund said:

Skoda UK told me that rejected cars cannot be resold .......... where is the DVSA; what are they messing about at?

Surely enough of us have written to DVSA by now.

Trouble is, officially we didn't reject it. 

On 26/02/2019 at 19:27, Stevieweevie said:

I suspect that you're right and if you are, it's really disappointing. This is a problem, not just in the motor industry, but many industries where the line between journalistic integrity and preferential treatment is becoming blurred to the point of perversion.

It is not just advertising revenue they are worried about. If they don't review or cover brand products favourably they will not get invited to events and test drives of the latest vehicles and so are cut out of the loop for getting the scoop and early access to the newest vehicles that are valuable because their readership is interested in them.

It's a sign of a corrupt system but it's also important to point out that VAG are not the only player in the game that will do this. Any large company with a lot of sway and money will do it (and do do it).

I can see in not so distant future that car mags will cease to exist and by reading this above quite deservedly so.

Well got car back from dealer today, they had it 1 week while I was away no faults found but told skoda have a tpi in the pipe line but they don't know when.

I told them if I have a accident due to the lack of power from 1st to 2nd gear which has left me on a roudabout 3 time so far who's to blame..

Reply...Not the dealers, it's skoda contact skoda UK customer care.

Why let you take a car away knowing it has a fault and could hurt someone.

Email sent to main man at skoda telling him get it fixed asap or I'm rejecting the car, family and safety first.

Let's see what happens. 

There is no fault to find just the dangerous characteristic that has had Skoda UK supplying courtesy cars.

But of a break down in communications here, the dealership should still have your vehicle and you should have a Courtesy car equal to it.

The Dealer Principal or Warranty Manager / Service Manager was the one that had the contact to make with Skoda UK.

But as it is they can arrange collection of your car on Monday and delivery of a courtesy car.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

?

Who is your email off to, Rod McLeod?

Edited by Skoffski

Armeg1 your contract is with the dealer and they cannot offload their responsibility. The same as if you buy goods from a shop. If there is a problem, the shop must sort it out, they cannot say you must deal with the manufacturer. Skoda UK are the importers, they will just give you the run around as they have no legal contract with you. You need to get tough with the dealership. Ideally, you should refuse to drive the car again. The issue does not have to be a 'fault' for a successful rejection. A new car should drive in a manner that a reasonable person would expect it to. Refer to Consumer Rights Act 2015