Octavia 245 Owners Club

7 hours ago, Badlammy said:

Quite sick of the flat sound from the factory setup.

Anyone can share any additions done to spice up the sound with existing speaker system?

Like many standard systems they set them up a bit flat or with excess treble and minimum bass, to make you think the upgrade sounds much better. Theres nothing wrong with the standard system if you adjust it, you won't get ear damaging bass if your that way inclined, but you can get decent sound, good enough for in a car, which lets face it, acoustically is crap. As a guide I would say reduce your treble to about 1/4 or less and your bass to about 3/4+ Can't remember if this one has middle, but if so raise that a little.  Bass and treble give the impression they increase as you increase the  volume that's why you used to have a Loudness button on old hifi's. It increased bass and treble at lower volumes. So you really want to get the eq right for your normal listening level as it changes at different levels, but so does the upgraded or any version without a loudness function. My other car has the treble set to minimum and bass to over 3/4 with middle lifted a couple of notches and it sounds good if not still too much treble on DAB, better than the premium set up in its default settings. DAB doesn't help as it's extremely toppy on most systems needing the treble reducing drastically. I have the treble reduced much further on DAB than I do on say the media player. FM is usually a better more acoustically balanced signal than DAB. 

35 minutes ago, teescom09 said:

Like many standard systems they set them up a bit flat or with excess treble and minimum bass, to make you think the upgrade sounds much better. 

The Canton upgrade also ships with flat and non-optimal settings.  I'm sure this is not the reason they are set up the way they are.

The 245 performed better than expected at Snetterton today. Standard suspension and discs/calipers upto the job and even overtook a Caterham only passed by a 666bhp Nissan GTR. Managed to avoid the mad Yeti which looked and sounded insane. Not suprising car averaged 10.6MPG but intercooler worked well with oil temperature only reaching 103degrees C. Only MK3 octavia on track today where were you guys, surely not all at work?:blink:

On 08/11/2018 at 21:42, ScottyNS said:

Anyone finding that the settled angle of their lights only gives about two car lengths? I find it’s simply too short and will be calling my dealer tomorrow to see if there is anything that can be done. I went home the country route this evening and the visibility is simply too poor. 

My previous cars had adjustment near the steering wheel, but I can’t find anything on my VRS.

Agreed, I find the forward spread of the dipped beams to be way too low/short.  I wonder if perhaps older headlight designs allowed more "overspill" above the cutoff point.  Anyway I have found via another post on this forum that there are adjusters for the headlights on the FL MK3.  The good news is that I found mine and gave them half a turn each to see if it makes a difference (it certainly raised the beams slightly when pointed directly at the wall of my house).  The bad news is that I've not driven in the dark enough yet to tell if they've made a difference.  Initially I thought the adjustment had worked but now I'm not so sure.  Here's the post - below that is the image that was on it: 

727863873_Screenshot2018-11-07at20_16_07.png.46c74a41430821453dedcb07d2484048.png

On 12/11/2018 at 20:18, Headf0x said:

Agreed, I find the forward spread of the dipped beams to be way too low/short.  I wonder if perhaps older headlight designs allowed more "overspill" above the cutoff point.  Anyway I have found via another post on this forum that there are adjusters for the headlights on the FL MK3.  The good news is that I found mine and gave them half a turn each to see if it makes a difference (it certainly raised the beams slightly when pointed directly at the wall of my house).  The bad news is that I've not driven in the dark enough yet to tell if they've made a difference.  Initially I thought the adjustment had worked but now I'm not so sure.  Here's the post - below that is the image that was on it: 

727863873_Screenshot2018-11-07at20_16_07.png.46c74a41430821453dedcb07d2484048.png

Thanks for sharing this. I have it booked in with the dealer for this and a couple of other minor bits. Hopefully it will all get sorted. 

18 hours ago, Alexvrs245 said:

What springs have you used on this pal 

A KW DDC kit :) 

17 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Hmmm. Those tints ain't factory standard I know

Here in belgium its a factory option ;)

3 hours ago, martysparty99 said:

Looks the muts nuts mate, ive got the same colour.  Should have been in the ad for it :-)

Thanks !! :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scotty72 said:

Two exhausts and red.. Plenty of those on this thread lol

But those MY19 exhaust tips  are now chrome not proper matt black like MY18 245. Only joking WELCOME Scotty72 feel free to contribute your findings on your ownership experience. Just don't take notice of anything that NOAIM tells you.:tongueout:

• Haha 1