Octavia 245 Owners Club

1 hour ago, Turkleton said:

To be honest I didn't know it changed from when they first released the 245 engine?!

Indeed. The whole run goes like this, in order...

Mk3 Pre-Facelift

- 230 SE

Mk3 Facelift

- 245 SE

The ‘SE’ variants (as I’ve marked them) have the extra goodies. The only one you can buy brand new as a factory order now is the last one on the list, the 245. 

• Like 2

To be honest I didn't know it changed from when they first released the 245 engine?!

When the facelift came out, the standard vRS became 230ps and then shortly after a 'limited edition' 245ps model was released with a few options as standard, available to order for about 6 to 9 months.

Then for MY19 (so orders from August 2018 roughly) the 230ps model was upgraded to the 245ps drive train but is otherwise now the 'normal' vRS. 

24 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

So missing the bigger alloys etc of the original 245. Not even the diesel manuel which I have is available now is it? Could that mean there is a new vRS on the horizon perhaps?

Missing manuals in diesels are related to WLTP emissions figures. Also the demise of the 230ps engine and 6 speed DSG hence the 245 TSIs and 7 Speed DSG all for WLTP reasons.

31 minutes ago, Kenai said:

I doubt we'll see another new vRS spec (except maybe a run out special to clear parts) until the Octavia Mk4 which we probably won't see until 2020. 

I think they'll do an extra special 270 or 280 final mk3 edition so as not to tread on the sister brand toes with the Cupra 290/300 or Golf R. Actually surprised they did the Special Ed 245 when they did would seem like a perfect end of run model.

New mk4 in 2020 (could be MY21) could suit me just fine as my current lease will be up before the end of then.

1 hour ago, Scotty72 said:

I think they'll do an extra special 270 or 280 final mk3 edition so as not to tread on the sister brand toes with the Cupra 290/300 or Golf R. Actually surprised they did the Special Ed 245 when they did would seem like a perfect end of run model.

New mk4 in 2020 (could be MY21) could suit me just fine as my current lease will be up before the end of then.

Ive just recently bought the 245 variant, which if we go by my history, means the likelyhood of Skoda releasing a fire breathing 300bhp 4x4 rally spec octavia for the same price in the next 6 months is monumentally high right now.

• Haha 2

Well my diesel 17 plate PCH isn't up until later this year so if I could possibly extend that by another 12 months, which I'd like to do, a 2020 MK4 would be perfect.

My only concern with that is that theres a good chance the first editions may lead to bew owners being elaborate beta testers to find all the problems and mistakes. Ive been there with another manufacturer lol

5 hours ago, ExSEAT said:

Ive just recently bought the 245 variant, which if we go by my history, means the likelyhood of Skoda releasing a fire breathing 300bhp 4x4 rally spec octavia for the same price in the next 6 months is monumentally high right now.

Evening team

Scratching my chin regarding a new vRS Estate.  Anyone know whether the new 245 model has a GPF fitted?

8 hours ago, Kenai said:

I doubt we'll see another new vRS spec (except maybe a run out special to clear parts) until the Octavia Mk4 which we probably won't see until 2020. 

I wonder if we will see keener deals from Skoda for the vrs as 2019 progresses and if the challenge plus package will become the standard version before the mark4 arrives.  Could be very tempting.

Just reading about the latest Porsche 911 with the new GPF fitted which alone adds 15kg to new car's weight. This with other changes such as 21" rear alloys and 20" front alloys has meant the Porker has gained 50kg compared to the previous 3.0 litre turbo version. It now has 530NM of torque for £93,000 list price which is funny when my Octy 245 has 517NM. Just wonder if the MY19 vRS245 GAINS 15KG OF BALLAST WITH THE NEW gpf IT COMES FITTED WITH?:cool:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Just reading about the latest Porsche 911 with the new GPF fitted which alone adds 15kg to new car's weight. This with other changes such as 21" rear alloys and 20" front alloys has meant the Porker has gained 50kg compared to the previous 3.0 litre turbo version. It now has 530NM of torque for £93,000 list price which is funny when my Octy 245 has 517NM. Just wonder if the MY19 vRS245 GAINS 15KG OF BALLAST WITH THE NEW gpf IT COMES FITTED WITH?:cool:

I doubt it.. I see you're still trying lol my car is closer to yours than you or noaim will ever admit. Ignore the gearbox mate you're like a stuck record on that one. Lol lol

However I see vw are fixing the lack of difference by making golf gti pp the boggo and adding a fwd 286bhp tcr model to bridge that and the R. I'm convinced there might be the same power end of mk3 vRS special coming!

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

It's possible that a MY19 DSG estate with DPF could weigh as much as 1,435kg and drop the power to weight ratio to just 168bhp per tonne. Wonder how much VW will charge for the 286bhp Golf, £36.000 perhaps.:giggle:

Lol They seem to state £33k, before options of course :)

3 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

Lol They seem to state £33k, before options of course :)

And we know how basic that spec is,although it will come with tartan seats to keep Scottish customers happy. A Golf GTi PP was £36,000 to the same spec as my £28,100 Octavia. Have to compare same spec for value for money comparisons.:inlove:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

And we know how basic that spec is,although it will come with tartan seats to keep Scottish customers happy. A Golf GTi PP was £36,000 to the same spec as my £28,100 Octavia. Have to compare same spec for value for money comparisons.:inlove:

Did similar calculations to spec the 2003 golf gti 1.8t to the same level as my leon cupra something like £5k to £6k more for the golf back then. Mine was a negotiated bargin at £14k otr with electric leather S3 like seats.. Folding mirrors came with that too.

9 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

Did similar calculations to spec the 2003 golf gti 1.8t to the same level as my leon cupra something like £5k to £6k more for the golf back then. Mine was a negotiated bargin at £14k otr with electric leather S3 like seats.. Folding mirrors came with that too.

Just for fun been on the VW Golf configurator and nearest new PP model to mine (excluding front electric passenger seat not available) for a 5 door model has gone upto £37,414, so the TCR model with 286bhp will cost considerably more than this current figure. Yikes!:x

• Haha 1

On 11/01/2019 at 16:58, shyVRS245 said:

Before my recent first service when I booked the car in sometime in December 2018 the nice lady asked me if I wanted a new battery in the key fob. I declined thinking works just fine. Go to start the car today with Driver 1 key and message flashed up between the dials stating "KEY FOB BATTERY NEEDS REPLACING". How ironic is that 3 days after the service or did they program that message to pop up just to P*SS me off. Anyway can't be bothered to go back to the dealer (20 mile round trip) so have used the same key I gave them earlier in the week for servicing purposes. So now I am greeted by the message DRIVER 3 when I fire up the beast. This has happened after using the original key for 512 days and 509 hours driving time, just so you have some advanced warning of a similar episode with your 245's. Current mileage 18,622.:blink:

This happened to me yesterday, I had the Golf serviced & the same message appeared.  'It's  a bit strange that both keys needed new batteries after the swervice,  the spare key has only been used 4/5 times since  I've owned the car. (April '18). 

A quick trip to the nearest Poundstretcher, (by bus, free 'cos I'm old...) for new batteries, & after fitting them to both keys the message has gone.  

DC

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, old newbie2 said:

This happened to me yesterday, I had the Golf serviced & the same message appeared.  'It's  a bit strange that both keys needed new batteries after the swervice,  the spare key has only been used 4/5 times since  I've owned the car. (April '18). 

A quick trip to the nearest Poundstretcher, (by bus, free 'cos I'm old...) for new batteries, & after fitting them to both keys the message has gone.  

DC

Perhaps they take out good batteries, fit these to someone else's car and charge them for a NEW battery. Then give us someone else's old battery expecting us to go back and cough up loads of dosh for a new one. Hmm.:tongueout:

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Perhaps they take out good batteries, fit these to someone else's car and charge them for a NEW battery. Then give us someone else's old battery expecting us to go back and cough up loads of dosh for a new one. Hmm.:tongueout:

At a main VW dealer, as if....... I'd imagine that the cost + fitting would be expensive too. 

Not this time though, I had both keys with me, but they only handled the spare key., maybe they tweaked the car to be ultra-sensitive to battery voltage?

I've ordered a pack of 6 Panasonic (original fit) CR 2025 size for £2.46 inc postage from Ebay  & iIll keep a pair of  them in each car.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, old newbie2 said:

At a main VW dealer, as if....... I'd imagine that the cost + fitting would be expensive too. 

Not this time though, I had both keys with me, but they only handled the spare key., maybe they tweaked the car to be ultra-sensitive to battery voltage?

I've ordered a pack of 6 Panasonic (original fit) CR 2025 size for £2.46 inc postage from Ebay  & iIll keep a pair of  them in each car.

Yeah I gave them Driver 3 key (2 spares supplied with the 245) which had never been used until I drove to the dealership that day, but is was the original key that messaged on the screen 3 days later. Thanks for the heads up on the replacement batteries required, should be the same fob for Golf/Octavia.:clap: