Audi Throttle Response

9 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Hi @Ashmount. I wasn't aware there was ever an app for the Audi throttle mod on OBDeleven. Don't suppose you remember which one it was / what it was called?

It wasn’t an app. I just went into coding (somewhere) in the engine changes and what I usually saw wasn’t there. It was a very quick look after the software update, so I’ll go back in this morning and see what I’m doing wrong.

This age thing is killing me...

21 hours ago, PeteB99 said:

Any images available of the vcds screens for the Audi throttle mod itself ?.  The images on the forums show web hosting disabled

Thanks

Not off hand (thanks to photo bucket)

It really is a simple one tick change though, just follow the description. 

5 hours ago, Gizmo said:

It really is a simple one tick change though, just follow the description. 

Disregard...your were replying to Pete.

Edited by Ashmount

I tried the other adaption yesterday. I drove it today and it seems to have made it much snappier, particularly with the gearbox in 'S' mode. 

The other thing I noticed is that my clock had lost half an hour, for some reason and wouldn't correct itself. I looked in settings and it was set to GPS update. I changed it to 'manual' and back to GPS and it then updated. Bizarre. 

11 hours ago, daveo138 said:

I tried the other adaption yesterday. I drove it today and it seems to have made it much snappier, particularly with the gearbox in 'S' mode. 

The other thing I noticed is that my clock had lost half an hour, for some reason and wouldn't correct itself. I looked in settings and it was set to GPS update. I changed it to 'manual' and back to GPS and it then updated. Bizarre. 

I started to get random faults after Audi Throttle Response adaption, the main one being the ABS fault - switched it back and now planning to get the DTE Pedalbox. It was only a marginal improvement for my car (190PS DSG).

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, I have no idea if im on the verge of blowing my car to bits though i have done a test drive (and it may be perception) but it is night and day as to how quick the revs go up when you hit the pedal...

Basically, i used OBD11 to change the control unit 01 (Engine) to change byte1 from 0C to 0A..

Again, this could be brilliant or this could be a mess. But sure. You're only round here once...

• 1 month later...

sorry for digging up this old topic but I've only recently got me a used MY16 Passat B8 (MQB platform, 240hp bitdi) and I've tried this mod yesterday... I really very much liked the result as it removed the throttle lag almost entirely for me - the car felt very much transformed... I also didn't have any issues with acc or abs or anything... however, after a while I found out that I couldn't switch between drive modes any more (the car has dcc and drive mode selection) - pushing the button would just shortly flash the last mode I've had selected in the instrument cluster but didn't bring up the menu in the infotainment screen any more - also cycling through the modes via button didn't work any more...

so I've reverted the change after driving with it for quite a while and on my commute back I've mainly kept the drive train in "S" mode to see how that compares to the "audi" setting... I found that "S" sharpens throttle response over "D" quite a bit but it's still laggy compared to the "audi" setting

does anyone have a pointer for me as to what I could try to get back drive mode selection with the "audi" setting enabled? obviously the infotainment is different so I couldn't just follow the audi coding guides for enabling drive mode selection.

15 hours ago, luxifer said:

sorry for digging up this old topic but I've only recently got me a used MY16 Passat B8 (MQB platform, 240hp bitdi) and I've tried this mod yesterday... I really very much liked the result as it removed the throttle lag almost entirely for me - the car felt very much transformed... I also didn't have any issues with acc or abs or anything... however, after a while I found out that I couldn't switch between drive modes any more (the car has dcc and drive mode selection) - pushing the button would just shortly flash the last mode I've had selected in the instrument cluster but didn't bring up the menu in the infotainment screen any more - also cycling through the modes via button didn't work any more...

so I've reverted the change after driving with it for quite a while and on my commute back I've mainly kept the drive train in "S" mode to see how that compares to the "audi" setting... I found that "S" sharpens throttle response over "D" quite a bit but it's still laggy compared to the "audi" setting

does anyone have a pointer for me as to what I could try to get back drive mode selection with the "audi" setting enabled? obviously the infotainment is different so I couldn't just follow the audi coding guides for enabling drive mode selection.

I also had issues and decided to try the DTUK pedal box instead of the coding. It transformed the car (better result compared to the Audi setting). 

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, clawhammer said:

Hey why everybody talking about Throttle response??

Here is clearly written 44 - steering Assist " - means settings with STEERING  not with THROTTLE.

All who talking about changes with throttle after this mod  - just playing humanity factor.

this is not about that setting but the vendor coding in the ECU, which can be set to either "seat/skoda/vw" or "audi"... and it does make a noticable difference... however, setting a non-audi to "audi" seem to come with different drawbacks for everyone who tried it, it seems... many people get ABS errors - I don't get any particular errors except that I can't switch drive modes any more, which breaks it for me because I use that quite frequently

unfortunately I don't really have hours to spend for fiddling around with that in order to find a solution... I could try coding/adapting for audi drive select / mmi hardware but I'm pretty sure that this will upset something else and even if there is any "hybrid" setting that could satisfy everything, it'll take hours of trial and error to find that... that's not worth it for me

that's why I was asking... because maybe someone has the same behavior and already resolved that... especially because I will not install a pedal box... first and foremost it sits between the pedal and the computer, messing with the signal from the pedal, which in itself I find is an insane thing to do, given that those pedal boxes surely won't have the same level of QA as the OE hardware and if the computer within the pedal box breaks it might just set your throttle to any position between 0 and 100% no matter what your foot says... I don't have a deathwish, so.... and beyond that, it can't do anything I couldn't do with my foot - throttle response is better, when I first quickly press it to like 75-80% and when it revs (and maybe downshift a gear), quickly go back to the position I actually wanted... it's just annoying to have to do that all the time just for getting a quicker response... so this is completely a software issue and given the change when changing the ECU vendor coding I think it's intentional by VW, which makes it even more annoying.

on that steering mod: of course it does not change throttle response and I also don't understand why this is still touted everywhere... however, after finding out what it actually does I tried it and kept it, because I like it. what it does is to define how the steering transitions between "normal" and "sport" when switching drive modes or switching it in the individual mode... with "gradual" the weight transitions over a few seconds or so and with "direct" it transitions, well, directly, which I prefer

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I'm after this Audi mode setting for my really slow to respond DSG. Anyone wanting to do it for some beer tokens. I can bring it to you as cover most of north UK and south East. 

44 module (steering assist)

Security access: 19249

Adaptations

Select channel: 'Driving profile switchover'

Change from 'Incremental: controlled over time' to 'Direct: controlled over threshold value'

The throttle response changes is shown in the pic, the first image is after the tweak, second image is stock throttle response.

Works for me :)

FB_IMG_1529785623588.jpg.8455de794c511609eec48271dbee6e7d.jpg

• Thanks 2

On 05/06/2019 at 07:40, GnurkeGnurk said:

Adaptations

Change from 'Incremental: controlled over time' to 'Direct: controlled over threshold value'

The throttle response changes is shown in the pic, the first image is after the tweak, second image is stock throttle response.

This is an alternative I've effectively already read, compared to the following one :

01 Engine > 07 Coding

Byte 0 - Bit 0-2.

Switch from "Škoda/Volkswagen/Seat (01)" to "Audi (02)".

Does your method prevents form any side effect? I've read several times that DCC could be unexpectedly deactived ('locked' in one mode and no possibility to switch to another mode 🤔) with the 2nd method right above.

Thanks. :) 

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 15:40, GnurkeGnurk said:

Adaptations

interesting, and thanks for sharing.

so does this make the throttle response better than "stock"?

i don't want to do the "audi mode" cause i've heard of side-effects.

4 hours ago, JR RS said:

interesting, and thanks for sharing.

so does this make the throttle response better than "stock"?

i don't want to do the "audi mode" cause i've heard of side-effects.

Both this setting arr activated on my car. I have switched between ECO en sport many times and i have No error or fault issues. 

Some People have posted that this dident had any effect on them but on my it did alot. 

First i Just tryed audi method drove for 2 days trying different things like ECO, dynamic and sport not allot of response. 

So started to Google stuff. Thought maybe i had to recalibrate the pedal when i changed the setting. Then i found the direct Controller options. And that did it for my car. 2017 model. 👍 

• 2 months later...
On 16/04/2018 at 14:22, GaSelle said:

The "Audi mod" works perfect on the 1.4 TSI DSG as well!

Hi. Saw that this mod creates ACC errors that dont dissapear even if reverting changes. Do you have ACC? Any problems created by the mod? Thanks!

27 minutes ago, donAndy said:

Hi. Saw that this mod creates ACC errors that dont dissapear even if reverting changes. Do you have ACC? Any problems created by the mod? Thanks!

Yes, the car had ACC - it didn’t create any issues. 

• 9 months later...

sorry to be a dumb ass - does this only apply to the DSG gearbox or is this applicable to the manual gearbox. I know the manual throttle is measured etc and runs via the ECU but not sure if it suffers the same as those with a DSG gearbox 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/06/2019 at 07:40, GnurkeGnurk said:

Adaptations

I finally made this modification too, but remained in Skoda mode (no Audi mode).

I didn't notice any side effect at this time and the improvement is slight but sill noticeable. ;)

Thanks.

I did change my car last year. A 2017 4x4 190tdi Dsg6.

It felt like it made some difference for throttle lag and somewhat how the DSG behaved.

I'm curious about one thing that no one has mentioned in this thread.

How it affects the DCC? I felt that my car got more floating and softer on the road in comfort. A good thing in my mind, but when cornering the DCC didn't tighten up, nor did it react when shifting lanes aggressively.

Drove like this for over a year and one day I took my colleagues car for a drive (exact copy of mine) and what a difference! His car with DCC in comfort did react when cornering fast, changing lanes etc. A much nicer feel then I was used to in my car.

Changed this setting back to default and my car behaved exactly like his, like it should behave.

Has anyone else experienced the same phenomenon when changing this setting in a DCC equipped car?

2 hours ago, Baverhanne said:

Has anyone else experienced the same phenomenon when changing this setting in a DCC equipped car?

I have DCC, and I did not feel any difference with its behavior after doing the Driver Profile switchover change.

Not sure if the fact that I already had prior my car lowered on Eibach springs would've "dampened" the effect.

It doesn't make sense for DCC to b affected by a change made to Throttle response.

Did u change anything else?

Have u done the Audi change?

Edited by JR RS