Still no build week!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally some positive news! 

40 weeks after ordering I now have a confirmed build week of week 4 for my 2.0tsi.

Also confirmation that the banking period for that engine is set to finish next week when the WLTP is approved.

Get ready for some deliveries all of you with 2.0 petrol orders!

Great news!

Let's hope Skoda have done a better job introducing the GPF and other WLTP requirements to the 2.0 TSI than they have the 1.5 TSI.

Sounds like you'll all be the first to find out.

The software / mapping on the 1.5 TSI is adjusted to suit the WLTP requirements, which includes the fitting of a GPF.

The same applies to the new MY19 2.0 TSI 190PS, but let's hope Skoda took a little more care with the software and done a more thorough job of testing it...

1 minute ago, silver1011 said:

The software / mapping on the 1.5 TSI is adjusted to suit the WLTP requirements, which includes the fitting of a GPF.

Yes this I know. Im not very fond of DPF so I was wondering if there was the same issues with GPF.

It's a little early to tell, but it is likely the GPF won't be anywhere near as problematic as early DPF's.

A big issue with DPF's on diesel's was their failure to get hot enough to burn off the collected soot. Catalysts were added and things improved significantly.

Petrol engines get much hotter, much quicker compared with diesel engines, and therefore the GPF should have ample opportunity to do its job, even in the winter, and even during slow speeds or short journey types.

It's still new technology though, and an added complication that wasn't there before, so we'll have to wait and see if we hear of problems.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Si1978 said:

Also confirmation that the banking period for that engine is set to finish next week when the WLTP is approved.

Get ready for some deliveries all of you with 2.0 petrol orders!

I want to believe this is finally true and the end of waiting :) My 2.0TSI is built since mid November 2018 and currently banked somewhere in the deep snow and freezing weather near Kvasiny :) Hope to see it delivered in next 2 weeks!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Kingly2 said:

Got a call today from the exec office saying my 2.0 TSI has left the factory and heading for Emden!

Finally things are moving!

Great news! Hopefully the wltp approval go through this week and you will get the delivery asap. 

Cant wait to hear your initial impression of the ‘new’ engine. 

11 minutes ago, BGB said:

Yep! Mine went in to production this week. Expected delivery is first half of march. 

Worth contacting them about it. Mine had a build week of this week but had already arrived at Emden yesterday! Seems like they are churning them out now!

My car is produced and was shipped from the factory yesterday! :biggrin:

I've ordered tectyl treatment of the underside and coat treatment, so it will take a bit more time after it's arrived, but things are finally happening!