What have you done to your Superb III today?

Drove it to the car wash with the sunroof open. Remembered to close it before the wash. The Albanians that work the wash said they really liked the car. Must be an eastern European thing.  :biggrin:

Had to get a microfibre cloth out to finish the job. Gave my fake exhaust trim a nice shine.  :D

17 hours ago, Adrian55555 said:

Yes as the maxton diffuser comea gloss black, painting the entire lower section gloss black to match makes sense. Any chance of some pics please so i can see how it looks. Ta

Hope this comes out as I'm rubbish with technology.

IMG_20190219_113311.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, SummersetBoy said:

Gave it a quick wash.

Dragon green really appreciates the sun.

IMG_20190325_124338.jpg

Not usually a fan of the DG but that looks very nice indeed.  What alloys are those?  They look nice :clap:

4 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Not usually a fan of the DG but that looks very nice indeed.  What alloys are those?  They look nice :clap:

Cheers!

The wheels are 20" Ispiri's in a Matt Carbon Bronze finish. They are "Flow Formed" so light weight, so they're actually noticeably lighter than the standard 19's.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SummersetBoy said:

Cheers!

The wheels are 20" Ispiri's in a Matt Carbon Bronze finish. They are "Flow Formed" so light weight, so they're actually noticeably lighter than the standard 19's.

Are you not tempted by the Maxton gloss black side skirts?  That would finish it off nicely.  I'm toying with those, the front splitter and the fog light eyebrows but I'm not sure it would be 'too much' for the Superb to carry it off. 

14 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Are you not tempted by the Maxton gloss black side skirts?  That would finish it off nicely.  I'm toying with those, the front splitter and the fog light eyebrows but I'm not sure it would be 'too much' for the Superb to carry it off. 

No, I'm not sure of how they look in the pictures. They look "stuck on" rather than integrated like the front and rear.

If I was going to add anything to the sides, Reiger do some full side skirts that look factory, but are about €300 plus postage, painting and fitting........not sure I want to go that far as I'm happy with how it looks now, except maybe some spacers.

I do wish the Eibachs had lowered the rear slightly more though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Love your alloys they really suit the car and may wrap my Octavia in DRAGON.:thumbup:

Sorry to cause you so much expense!! :blush::giggle:

Thanks though. :thumbup:

• Haha 1

Not done anything to mine today - stuck in work...and likely won't touch it for another week or so.  I did swap the wiper-blades last weekend for Bosch Aero-Twin blades but, alas, we've not had any rain since so not had a chance to test them.  I'm out early doors every morning, and if dew is a good indicator, then they're quiet and slick :D 

Oh, and @SummersetBoy - that Dragon Green is an AMAZING colour!  I've been sorely tempted to wrap my L&K for a few months, initially in something akin to Nardo Grey - but I'll stick with black for the foreseeable...our priorities have to go into a house purchase (but not at the expense of losing the car...she's staying put...).  Which part of Somerset may I ask?  I'm Somerset myself - born and bred!  :)  

Edited by adamjackdrew

4 minutes ago, adamjackdrew said:

Oh, and @SummersetBoy - that Dragon Green is an AMAZING colour!  I've been sorely tempted to wrap my L&K for a few months, initially in something akin to Nardo Grey - but I'll stick with black for the foreseeable...our priorities have to go into a house purchase (but not at the expense of losing the car...she's staying put...).  Which part of Somerset may I ask?  I'm Somerset myself - born and bred!  :)  

There are other things I'd like to do to ours but we're off on holiday for a month shortly so the larger things may have to wait!

We are just outside Shepton Mallet, not born but definitely bred as we moved here just after I was born, so 44 years..........what about you?

1 minute ago, SummersetBoy said:

We are just outside Shepton Mallet, not born but definitely bred as we moved here just after I was born, so 44 years..........what about you?

We're not far away then - we're in Wells - born & bred in Frome, moved to Wells in 2012 to cut travel costs (back then I owned an Astra VXR).  :handshake:  I'll keep my peepers out for a dragon whenever I'm in and around Shepton.  

1 minute ago, adamjackdrew said:

We're not far away then - we're in Wells - born & bred in Frome, moved to Wells in 2012 to cut travel costs (back then I owned an Astra VXR).  :handshake:  I'll keep my peepers out for a dragon whenever I'm in and around Shepton.  

Ha, in Wells early at least three times a week usually, so if a flash of green zooms past, apologies in advance!

Today I got the dent I put in the wheel arch taken out by the dent man :( very annoying, and the result of pulling in too quickly for the benefit of the idiot comming the other way and not pulling in on her side. Still, my fault, I should have taken a bit more time and care. At least it only cost me £50 and its OK now.

Had it a year and 7800 miles now. Best car I've ever owned, still smile when i drive it.  Service booked for 2 weeks time, while we are there going to look at a Karoq to replace the Yeti. Could be an expensive service!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Oi you two, get a room and order yourselves a half of cider FFS :D

Racist :biggrin:......... although I am partial to a (pint of) cider or 2 but strange things always happen :rofl:.

LOL.

Edited by SummersetBoy
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Adrian55555 said:

Thanks for the pic @SummersetBoy looks a lot nicer with the rear lower bit all gloss black!! Matches the rest of the gloss black bits on the sportline! 

No problem. There are a couple more pics on my Instagram of it too, but I'm rubbish with technology so could only figure out how to put one in here.

It's very difficult to photograph and have it show up. Maxton do list 3 finishes i think, the gloss black, "carbon fibre", and something else which I think matches the textured finish, but I wanted gloss black for the reason you say.

It's only a small change having the exhaust surround de-textured  and painted, but makes a huge difference imo.

Edited by SummersetBoy

15 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Like Clarkson a fellow Yorkie he can be a bit blunt (as in James).:bandit:

Gotta be blunt while you can, before honesty and humour is outlawed!

It's ridiculous how much thought I put into it before saying "racist" just in case you or someone else took it out of context or didn't understand the joke.

Glad I didn't offend Mr Blunt :D.

:thumbup:

Haha!  I'll keep an eye out for you @SummersetBoy - if you get someone flash you (in a Black Superb) that'll be me...or a mad man waving from the side of the road.  

As for cider, I don't normally drink anything alcoholic...but used to like an odd pint of the apple-nectar! :D