What have you done to your Superb III today?

renewed Ceramic Pro coating

D8AAAgI1-uA-1920.jpg

-iAAAgI1-uA-1920.jpg

8KAAAgI1-uA-1920.jpg

1qAAAgI1-uA-1920.jpg

and replaced Side Wing Emblem Badge
8IAAAgE1-uA-1920.jpg

3VD 853 432

P8AAAgC1-uA-1920.jpg   RSAAAgC1-uA-1920.jpg

previous lasted just 10 months, R-Line replica from Ali
U0AAAgE1-uA-1920.jpg

Edited by MartiniB
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MartiniB said:

and replaced Side Wing Emblem Badge
8IAAAgE1-uA-1920.jpg

Ur spacing is a bit "far"

This is mine

IMAG1955.thumb.jpg.82f5dbb13618d8acf816ab6330e5fbd9.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JR RS said:

Ur spacing is a bit "far"

yes 😞
that's another proof of, if you want do something right, do it by self!
wrongly left that hard job to detailers

couldn't able start engine, it stopped immediately after attempt of start
and Maxidot displayed "error: gearbox" and after few seconds "Immobilizer active"

closed completely car for several minutes and engine started as nothing were happen before

SWAAAgGUBuA-1920.jpg

Cause I like mine "extra crispy", I changed the OEM xenons on my Superb to the Phillips xTreme Vision2 xenons.
Farking pain in zee a55 job, and the right side was being a d1ck and not wanting to play ball.
By the time I took the front wheels off, wheel arch liners off, and swapped the bulbs over, it had taken me approx. 2.5 hrs!!!
Farkin 'ell Skoda with ur headlight serviceability design!!!

Anyway end result in the last pic - with the old (top) vs Phillips (bottom).

I wasn't expecting night n day difference.
On paper, I've gone up from 4200k to 4800k.
I can see the difference, using my LED fogs as reference.  The newer ones r not so pale yellow in comparison now.

In the pic, the only noticeable difference is on the door on the right - u'll notice it's better light & brighter, in the bottom half.

IMAG3933.thumb.jpg.f0238bb9a506c734f3a046e314b09fe4.jpg

IMAG3923.thumb.jpg.7529ee19230ac5c924c645d6b4e8d50a.jpg

IMAG3925.thumb.jpg.62e4cc73536bfc885f15653539980c42.jpg

20190524_080859-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.754725b54684d4ce38c1a2cbb70614c6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JR RS said:

By the time I took the front wheels off, wheel arch liners off, and swapped the bulbs over, it had taken me approx. 2.5 hrs!!!

IMAG3923.jpg

Nice to see you found the 'factory', front support point :)

Edited by digifish

3 hours ago, digifish said:

Nice to see you found the 'factory', front support point :)

I've used the Jack stand points a few times now.

Very handy doing ur work at home 😉

Rear.....

jack_03.thumb.jpg.0aed465ff81f091e32fbc62d887adee6.jpg

Front.....

jack_06.thumb.jpg.f83e36ab244188acc2be05692860f61f.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JR RS said:

Cause I like mine "extra crispy", I changed the OEM xenons on my Superb to the Phillips xTreme Vision2 xenons.
Farking pain in zee a55 job, and the right side was being a d1ck and not wanting to play ball.
Farkin 'ell Skoda with ur headlight serviceability design!!!

Anyway end result in the last pic - with the old (top) vs Phillips (bottom).

I wasn't expecting night n day difference.
On paper, I've gone up from 4200k to 4800k.
I can see the difference, using my LED fogs as reference.  The newer ones r not so pale yellow in comparison now.

In the pic, the only noticeable difference is on the door on the right - u'll notice it's better light & brighter, in the bottom half.

Nice work :thumbup:

So how many times did you swear and what was the longest run of consecutive swear words used in a sentence? :D

It's a complete PITA of a job and apparently it's meant to be a little easier in TSI models! 

14 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Nice work :thumbup:

So how many times did you swear and what was the longest run of consecutive swear words used in a sentence? :D

It's a complete PITA of a job and apparently it's meant to be a little easier in TSI models! 

There was a LOT more swearing during the actual install.  Thank goodness I wasn't making a video!!!!

I don't think being a TSi or TDi would make any difference, as it the fender inner railings that restrict ur working space behind the xenon bulb cover.

Changing the power ballast would b very easy as its unobscured with the TSi.  Might b different with the TDi.

Changing the Light Control Module and AFS module under the headlight itself will not only require front wheels and wheelarch liner off, but also front bumper off so u can remove the headlight, before being able to access the modules themselves!!!

• Like 1

On 24/05/2019 at 04:26, JR RS said:

20190524_080859-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.754725b54684d4ce38c1a2cbb70614c6.jpg

Im glad I didn’t change mine last year now as there seems to be very minimal difference. 

Car serviced, oil, air, pollen and brake fluid. Very good service from my local Skoda agent. Mentioned creaking front suspension, and they seem to have eliminated it for now, courtesy of lubricated bushings. They drew my attention to the badly corroded rear discs and worn pads so popped into Ecp and got Pagids for €80. Will get them fitted at my local indy.

Asked them to leave old air and pollen filter in the car so I could see them, both looked in good shape.

rps20190527_170214.jpg

Updated the maps to 2019/20:). It was uneventful this time around - the 2019 update was a nightmare, with multiple failures during download. 

For anyone who hasn't done it before, here is the way I did it. I went to the Skoda update portal, entered my VIN and it showed me the update was available. The download took about 2 1/2 hours. I downloaded to PC (Win10), unzipped the folder using the built-in tool (I think it's called 7zip or something like that), and he unzipping process took about an hour to complete. Then I transferred the two folders (Mib1 and Mib2)  and the meta info file to a clean Sandisk 64Mb SDCX card, which took about 90 minutes. Popped the card into SD slot 1 this morning and it recognised the available update immediately. I started the update from the infotainment screen (Nav - settings - version info) and clicked "update". The update itself took about an hour during my morning commute. As previously, the satnav was available throughout the update. Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if it will stop warning me about the (now removed) toll booths on the M4 Severn crossing...

20190528_092618.jpg

• Like 2

Got a call from the dealer to say that my replacement Vega alloys are due in on Thursday though there's still some uncertainty whether it's only 2 or all 4 wheels being replaced (the guy who was doing the parts order had left for the day).  I was told all 4 would be replaced so there may be trouble ahead...

I took the opportunity to buy some new tyres; ordered a set of Michelin PS4 tyres for the tidy some of £548 :).  The dealer was happy to add the cost of tyre fitting, balancing etc to the warranty claim; I thought I'd get them done now as it will save me £40-50 getting it done a few months down the line. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, penguin17 said:

Got a call from the dealer to say that my replacement Vega alloys are due in on Thursday though there's still some uncertainty whether it's only 2 or all 4 wheels being replaced (the guy who was doing the parts order had left for the day).  I was told all 4 would be replaced so there may be trouble ahead...

I took the opportunity to buy some new tyres; ordered a set of Michelin PS4 tyres for the tidy some of £548 :).  The dealer was happy to add the cost of tyre fitting, balancing etc to the warranty claim; I thought I'd get them done now as it will save me £40-50 getting it done a few months down the line. 

Nice choice:thumbup:. Will they let you keep the old wheels, and if so are you planning to run the Veressidans on them as winters?

• Like 1

failed Oil burning out test,

gone just 400ml(340g) while needed 500g
guessing, because dealer were filled 5w40 instead 5w30

intervals in KM:

NAAAAgM-RuA-960.jpg

vIAAAgM-RuA-960.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Nice choice:thumbup:. Will they let you keep the old wheels, and if so are you planning to run the Veressidans on them as winters?

I very much doubt they'll let me keep the wheels, as @Adrian55555 said. 

I will keep the Vredesteins though as they still have a decent wedge of rubber on them and will do me for this Winter, should we get the usual Arctic blast of literally a dusting for 1 day.  We have all-seasons on our other car so we'll keep mobile enough to buy 16 loaves of bread, 20 pints of milk, etc etc. :D

Edited by penguin17
  • Haha 2