What have you done to your Superb III today?

Noticed a few of the wheel nut caps were working their way out, pushed them all back in, but too late, had one victim.

But replaced yesterday after a trip to the dealer, also ordered a touch up pen, few annoying chips on the front end. 

11 hours ago, Roberto280 said:

Noticed a few of the wheel nut caps were working their way out, pushed them all back in, but too late, had one victim.

Though I had spent ~3 years without losing any of them, I noticed that at least 1/4 of them were loose, while cleaning my winter wheels with a pressure washer before switching to summer wheels... 3 of them even suddenly popped out... Probably scared by the pressure washer... :D

I've got bored. I bought the few missing caps and then removed and stored all of them in the spare wheel well... Now, they can't escape! :D

11 hours ago, Roberto280 said:

But replaced yesterday after a trip to the dealer, also ordered a touch up pen, few annoying chips on the front end. 

Having seen the cost of a couple of OE ones after a wheel bolt was nicked (I know…. seriously?) I bought a set of Chinese copies on the bay for £6 including a removal tool and they’re actually pretty good and a nicer colour than the originals too; I’ll see what they’re like after 6 months. 

1 minute ago, P4ulG said:

Badges finally arrived. Think they look great. Had some reservations but much better than the original and the full black I think. 

Thanks to @CB_4x4 for the help with the fitment guidance. 👍

PXL_20210731_081956620.MP~2.jpg

Very nice. Where did they come from??

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dohboy78 said:

Very nice. Where did they come from??

Kopacek. Postage was steep  but they were dispatched the next day and we're sat for about 17days in customs. But worth the wait and the price. Genuine badges and paint is spot on. 

1 hour ago, P4ulG said:

Kopacek. Postage was steep  but they were dispatched the next day and we're sat for about 17days in customs. But worth the wait and the price. Genuine badges and paint is spot on. 

Awesome. looked myself... but didn't have the green ones i was after. Really love green... and want to paint the callipers the same green.

• Like 1

On 15/07/2021 at 12:26, CB_4x4 said:

http://www.kopacek.com/     formerly known as SuperSkoda:

Cat. number Entry name €/piece Quantity € total
5JA853687-F9R Genuine Skoda Auto,a.s. rear emblem ´SKODA´ - MONTE CARLO black version 19.99 1 20.00
3V0853687-BLK Superb III - Genuine Skoda Auto,a.s. rear emblem ´SUPERB´ - SPORTLINE black version 29.99 1 30.00
O3-ZNK-INT Superb III - original Skoda emblem - I.N.T. version - FRONT
Colour: S9R Moon white
44.99 1 45.00
S3-ZNK-RR-INT Superb III - original Skoda emblem - I.N.T. version - REAR
Colour: S9R Moon white
44.99 1 45.00
Delivery and payment costs: 17.00
Total €: 157.00

Nice job and it will work well on the Sportline Plus black/Velvet red combination.

Has anyone removed the S K O D A from a Superb III and replaced the lettering with the genuine emblem?

Obviously, there is no recess for the badge to sit in and I don't know if the recessed area is flat (the boot lid itself has a slight curve to it) but it might be worth a punt.... 

17 minutes ago, aerofurb said:

Has anyone removed the S K O D A from a Superb III and replaced the lettering with the genuine emblem?

Obviously, there is no recess for the badge to sit in and I don't know if the recessed area is flat (the boot lid itself has a slight curve to it) but it might be worth a punt.... 

Thinking about doing that myself but, as you say, no recess for the badge - might look naff........

21 minutes ago, aerofurb said:

Nice job and it will work well on the Sportline Plus black/Velvet red combination.

I removed the S    K    O    D    A, Superb and IV badges from mine, as I much prefer the clean look

Edited by 337

39 minutes ago, aerofurb said:

I think you may need to break 2 or 3 centering pins from the emblem back before sticking it onto the bodywork.

To be confirmed...

Edited by Bap33

Thanks for the thoughts.

Personally, I don't mind the Superb and iV badges but the colour-coordinated emblems (front and rear) from SuperSkoda would work well, I reckon.

Copied re the locating/centering pins - might be time for a bit of the sanding disc do remove those and possibly tweak the contact edge to take into account more or less curvature of the boot lid. 

I fear a SuperSkoda shop happening soon. Again.....!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aerofurb said:

Thanks for the thoughts.

Personally, I don't mind the Superb and iV badges but the colour-coordinated emblems (front and rear) from SuperSkoda would work well, I reckon.

Copied re the locating/centering pins - might be time for a bit of the sanding disc do remove those and possibly tweak the contact edge to take into account more or less curvature of the boot lid. 

I fear a SuperSkoda shop happening soon. Again.....!

Front and rear colour-coordinated badges ordered from SuperSkoda (Kopacek) - it has to be done. And I had dispatch notification within the hour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aerofurb said:

Front and rear colour-coordinated badges ordered from SuperSkoda (Kopacek) - it has to be done. And I had dispatch notification within the hour. 

I was deeply impressed with their service AND product.

Don't forget the line-up pins are sacrificial, and collapse inside the badges as you push firmly home.  

• Like 2