Chuckle in Your Day

mac11irl

Made me chuckle rather than cry, cos I was in a sunny mood...

Needed to arrange for GP to take some bloods, but at my request rather than theirs. Spoke to reception at some length on Friday pm with the result 'phone first thing Monday and we'll try to get you a GP telephone call-back sometime that day'.

Left home for work this morning, via post office, at a time that didn't really fit with surgery opening time of 8.30, but happened to arrive at PO at 8.28, and it hadn't yet opened. 

Pull phone out to quickly dial GP, 'no network'. Jump out of car into open area thinking I'd soon be on 4G, nope...switch off WiFi just in case that helped, nope...

"Bugger, gonna have to restart phone"

Up and running with network connection at 8.32.

Press 1 (for appointments) at the appropriate point after the arduously long intro message.

"You are in a queue of more than 30..." :rofl:

• Sad 3
  • Groan 1

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. In French it is pronounced double V.

And a WC is pronounced (double) V C.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J.R. said:

4. In French it is pronounced double V.

And a WC is pronounced (double) V C.

Pronounced 'veh' in German. The English 'V' is pronounced 'fow' (rhyming with 'cow'). VW is therefore 'fow veh'

Capture.PNG.28119414800bc08969a6a1d55e41bec7.PNG

Edited by @Lee
  • Haha 1

It appears to be a staged photo too, as that looks like the desk from the control room as it's a mixing desk and the mic in front of Mr Peel is a talkback mic :D  BBC desks may well have a HP socket along the front of the desk, but it seems a bit odd, especially as there will a pair of big speakers directly in front of him :D 

Where's me anorak? 

• Like 2