Chuckle in Your Day

mac11irl

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/01/2024 at 21:45, MikeTheThinker said:

Somehow I don't feel Asda have much faith in their ready meals chefs ...

981330650_hasdareadymeals.thumb.jpg.5dee94eb2b32a588e76e8792be18963b.jpg

Crikey that Rana pasta's pricey. Same stuff in the supermarket here is €3.29 - €3.79 (£2.83 -£3.26). 😬

5 minutes ago, @Lee said:

Crikey that Rana pasta's pricey. Same stuff in the supermarket here is €3.29 - €3.79 (£2.83 -£3.26). 😬

Yes, I'm afraid that is one of the many benefits of the B word.😂

8 minutes ago, Graham Butcher said:

Yes, I'm afraid that is one of the many benefits of the B word.😂

I doubt it as it's made in the US or it's at least a US brand 😉

Edited by @Lee

44 minutes ago, @Lee said:

Hmm, I'm not to sure if we were able to leverage better prices when we were in the EU as the EU is a far bigger market than UK and the US made it clear that we were a 3rd world country now 😉 or if its just the result of price gouging now, either way things are much more expensive now.

One of my sons is a collector of high quality 1/18 scale F1 cars old in Europe, both die-cast and resin models and now after the import duty has been applied and the VAT, they are almost double the price that they were prior to the event. 😒

Edited by Graham Butcher

3 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

Colour this either "scary" or "amazing (or amazeballs if you prefer)" as your whim takes you ...

Not a UK incident - Germany maybe?

Or a French one, they are renowned for being reckless, especially in Paris.

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

I googled it and it was an Italian brand passed down through generations of the same family blah blah blah.................

Whilst they spoke lots about the Italian factory I had the feeling that perhaps they also had facilities in the US and Canada and if so then maybe the UK as well. PastaReale is made in Crawley Sussex!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

Colour this either "scary" or "amazing (or amazeballs if you prefer)" as your whim takes you ...

Not a UK incident - Germany maybe?

Not an Autobahn exit like I've ever seen with those diagonal markings. 

8 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I googled it and it was an Italian brand passed down through generations of the same family blah blah blah.................

Whilst they spoke lots about the Italian factory I had the feeling that perhaps they also had facilities in the US and Canada and if so then maybe the UK as well. PastaReale is made in Crawley Sussex!

Possibly then. I just realised my VPN was running in the background as I wanted to watch some US stuff last night. (Pasta) D'oh🤦