mac11irl

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/03/2024 at 10:49, BTandSid said:

My thoughts on the musicians

Paul Weller, Debbie Harry, Jonny Lydon

Jean-Jacques Brunel from Stranglers?, Bono/Geldof, Terry Hall from Fun Boy Three (sadly died recently)

Souxie of Banshees fame? , no idea the other two

I will add Joe Strummer, but there is one that I'm not sure about. Have a vague idea, will have a Google :)  

I imagined the joke being almost read out loud and the person suddenly going "NOT YOU!" in a hurry when coming to the Bono Geldoff square. I might be having flashbacks from Band Aid and their respective performances :D  I like the Boomtown Rats, but I'm not so keen on U2 

Edited by Lady Elanore

11 minutes ago, Stonekeeper said:

Season 7 wasn't the last?

By my reckoning, they need to go to exactly season 13 to be able to recover this 'situation' 

• Like 3

Not much of a chuckle for my wife, but she has some root canal work scheduled at the dentist today at 2:30.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gerrycan said:

Not much of a chuckle for my wife, but she has some root canal work scheduled at the dentist today at 2:30.

If that’s true, you’ll be in trouble if she finds out you posted it in the CHUCKLE section, punny or not!  🤣

My dentist told me I was the first patient he’d had who”d fallen asleep during Root Canal treatment.  Not necessarily funny, just true.

Edited by Baxlin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

You’ll be telling us next that the dentist’s name is Phil McAvity

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

the least dangerous answer to that is "yeah, but not as hot as you".

how? youre reinforcing your belief to your wife that she is very attractive. and that another who looks very very like her is also attractive but not to the same level as your wife - otherwise you run the risk of "if you say she isnt while looking the same as me then youre saying im also not hot". thus, tread carefully.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Baxlin said:

If that’s true, you’ll be in trouble if she finds out you posted it in the CHUCKLE section, punny or not!  🤣

My dentist told me I was the first patient he’d had who”d fallen asleep during Root Canal treatment.  Not necessarily funny, just true.

Nah not real trouble. When she told me what time was booked, I looked at her and she said 'Yes, I don't know how I did not burst out laughing when they told me'.

YOUR dentist must be good at applying the locals for you  to sleep through it. My wife said she nearly hit the ceiling at one point of the initial root canal procedure last week.

And for @Graham Butcher think "tooth-hurty' :) 

Edited by Gerrycan

TFTD Monday: “The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” ― Terry Pratchett, “Diggers”

2 minutes ago, Gerrycan said:

think "tooth-hurty'

I confess I missed that one completely 😞

1 minute ago, MikeTheThinker said:

TFTD Monday: “The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” ― Terry Pratchett, “Diggers”

I confess I missed that one completely 😞

Like to make you think 😉

2 hours ago, mac11irl said:

the least dangerous answer to that is "yeah, but not as hot as you".

how? youre reinforcing your belief to your wife that she is very attractive. and that another who looks very very like her is also attractive but not to the same level as your wife - otherwise you run the risk of "if you say she isnt while looking the same as me then youre saying im also not hot". thus, tread carefully.

Impressed! Have you thought about going into politics?.........PLEASE, some one so wise as you has to be there, even if you will be a bit lonely.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

YOUR dentist must be good at applying the locals for you  to sleep through it. My wife said she nearly hit the ceiling at one point of the initial root canal procedure last week

A combination of my age, and an ability to fall asleep anywhere, developed through many an RAF night shift when there was no flying…

• Like 1

On 14/03/2024 at 10:49, BTandSid said:

My thoughts on the musicians

Paul Weller, Debbie Harry, Jonny Lydon

Jean-Jacques Brunel from Stranglers?, Bono/Geldof, Terry Hall from Fun Boy Three (sadly died recently)

Souxie of Banshees fame? , no idea the other two

I think picture 4 is Hugh Cornwell of The Stranglers. Not Jean-Jacques Burnel.

The photo is similar to the front cover photo for his book 'The Stranglers, Song by Song'. See - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stranglers-Song-Hugh-Cornwell/dp/1860743625

• Like 1

TFTD Tuesday: Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

• Haha 1