2020 Skoda Superb (new clear images)

43 minutes ago, Steviedakota said:

Good to see the haven't butchered it like the Octavia facelift, though that Skoda lettering along the boot is awful.

Hahahahaha... Didn't notice it at first... Škoda designers thinking that Škoda brand carries the same weight as Volvo one. :) Especially with Š which is funny even to me whose language has Š in its alphabet (Croatian).

On 21/05/2019 at 12:55, digifish said:

"In China, the Superb will be offered with two turbocharged petrol engines – a 1.4 TSI and a 2.0 TSI – both paired to a seven-speed DSG.

However, elsewhere in the world, the Superb will offer a range of carryover powertrains (potentially with revisions to make it compliant with new WLTPemissions regulations), including three- and four-cylinder turbo petrol and diesel motors."

No 1.5tsi for China??

Is it also suggesting a 1.0tsi variant for the UK??

Also agree the trend for S P A C E D  * * * * on boots looks bloody awful. First thing to be removed....

Edited by Gizmo
circumventing swear filter
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steviedakota said:

Good to see the haven't butchered it like the Octavia facelift, though that Skoda lettering along the boot is awful.

BMW have (or did have when I last had one) a zero cost option of removing rear badges. I think Skoda are going to need to do the same...

• Like 3

Do we know what market that spyshot spec is for? Looks very fussy and ornate to a British eye, but that kind of look does well in China/South East Asia.

However, if it is euro-spec...aaaaaagh!

Also supposed to be a hybrid PHEV version using the same system as Passat, but this might be phased in later.

Presumably all will be revealed in Bratislava on Thursday

From the looks of it, the new headlights are smaller (especially the height of the long, horizontal part) but the rear lights seem to retain the same dimensions everywhere? Anyone else thinks the same?

I am not bothered with the new Matrix LED at all, I find current bi-xenons do the job for me, but I would be really tempted to replace the rear units with the new full LED ones with progressive indicators, IF they are a compatible shape and IF they can be coded correctly. The bulb indicators on the current model is the only cacophony in the lights design overall in terms of aesthetics, in my eyes at least. On the other hand, forking our nearly a grand (judging by other VAG models that did similar modifications) for something I'll never see or help my driving in any way sounds absurd. But...

Edited by newbie69

1 minute ago, newbie69 said:

The bulb indicators on the current model is the only cacophony in the lights design overall in terms of aesthetics, in my eyes at least.

They look better flashing with LED bulbs, rather than filament bulbs – have you already done that? 

2 minutes ago, Ivan8192 said:

They look better flashing with LED bulbs, rather than filament bulbs – have you already done that? 

Indeed they do. Your post reminded me I had saved a video showing the comparison before getting delivery of the car but I had forgotten all about it. I looked up that bookmark now and it might just be what I'll do after all:

18 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

I looked up that bookmark now and it might just be what I'll do after all

I got these from AliExpress (think they were recommended in some thread on here):

£7.03  37% Off | 2Pcs Car Light 1156 LED BA15S P21W LED BAU15S PY21W BAY15D 1157 P21/5W R5W 21 SMD 3030 Auto Lamp Bulbs LED 12V - 24V

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/I4zh7RS

No bulb errors from the car. 

11 hours ago, newbie69 said:

Indeed they do. Your post reminded me I had saved a video showing the comparison before getting delivery of the car but I had forgotten all about it. I looked up that bookmark now and it might just be what I'll do after all:

After 18 months fault free usage the LED indicator bulbs I fitted failed (well the offside one did).  I needed to get a replacement sharpish so ordered the Philips Silver Vision halogen bulbs. In side by side comparison to the remaining LED light they weren't as 'crisp' but not far off and their silver appearance makes them look pretty good in the rear cluster.  

If that is close to the final version, then it will be very close in looks to the A6 on the road, between the rear end design and the light cluster arrangement and that's no bad thing.  Think I'll definitely be de-badging if I go for another one 😫

Hope the full LEDs will be available as standard in higher end models and not an option across the range.  Having experienced LEDs on other cars now, the bi-xenon setup is just dated now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MaddicIrl said:

Pics do look like a Chinese version, a lot of chrome! Like to see a sportline version in the reveal tomorrow!

It is definitely the Chinese version.

They always have extra chrome on their models, even with the current pre-facelift Superb.

3 hours ago, JR RS said:

It is definitely the Chinese version.

The linked article says it is...

Chinese websites publish images and preliminary details of facelifted liftback, just ahead of its official reveal on May 23.

...skodary.jpg.0e354b4ac4951aefbd019c5414234c43.jpg

• Like 1