Slow factory orders

jinxgj

6 hours ago, Roottootemoot said:

Ask @lol-lol

Seemingly he has the ear of the Government, EU and WTO.

Boris Johnson MP & Sajid Javid MP do not know, Jacob Rees-Mogg MP does not know but knows him and his clients will be rolling in it.

Salespeople i know well tell me that 'They know nothing about any 10% extra tariff etc',  that is because that is what they have been told to say.

3 monkeys.  

The UK can issue customs duty tariffs on cars at 0% or up to much higher than 10% if it wishes or choose to match the EU tariff of 10% which I gather it has already notified to the WTO.

Under WTO rules each member must treat other members equitably ie use the Most Favoured Nation rate, MFN.  Exceptions are if there is a ratified trade deal between the two countries/blocks and even then it must meet WTO rules on HS classification, valuation etc.

Whether UK will mirror the EU duty rates is the big question.  From what the UK has said it wants to lower "intermediate" goods ie stuff that makes other stuff to lower or zero rates but keep finished goods up there with the EU rates so there is a level playing field for finished goods. 

Hope that helps explain it if not assure you.  Personally I hope EVs go to zero or nominal, petrols under 1500 cc 5%, over 1500cc 7%, petrol hybrids 3%, diesel hybrids 8% and pure diesels 12%.  

10 hours ago, ChinChiminey85 said:

this is a great point - does anyone know what WTO duty rates are in case of the worst?

hope it's not enough to tip me over the £40k threshold 

If that happened, I would let the keep the £500 and walk away.

Edited by jinxgj

4 minutes ago, WantAKodiac said:

The xtrail just doesn’t do it for me. If it was I’d have considered it... 

My Dad went as far as actually test driving an X-Trail a few years ago and the experience left him a bit cold to Nissans. He bought a mk2 Superb Estate Elegance DSG instead.:nod:

On 22/08/2019 at 02:14, ChinChiminey85 said:

still no build date for me either FYI

Ordered 26th July so 4 weeks ago this Friday

On 22/08/2019 at 05:30, Blakey092 said:

Same here, 23rd July for me. Very sparce on the info front from then on

My RS was ordered May the 4th and had a status code 20 (provisional build) for Build Week 35 confirmed on the 31st, and a build code 30 (locked-in build) for the same week. Very surprising you guys haven't gotten build codes yet.

Shut down happens every year.

Moving production lines happens as new models come in.

The Scala is coming, the Kamiq is coming, MY20 models coming, as new / updates do happen after the 'Shut Down'. 

They will say anything.

They will never say, 'Suppliers are not supplying some components because they had enough of VW.    Or what ever the real issue is.

I bet they want cars into the UK PDQ, & before November. 

Whatever it is they need to get cracking - if no build week next week I’m going to start to get arsey 

Im told the factory order system updates every Monday so let’s see what updates they have in store for me then. 

Edited by ChinChiminey85

I still have no build date either 

I ordered on 22 July but probably took dealer a few days to place actual order as he was waiting the extra 1000 pound discount to kick in on 25th

Edited by SimonAudi

1 hour ago, Roottootemoot said:

Shut down happens every year.

Moving production lines happens as new models come in.

The Scala is coming, the Kamiq is coming, MY20 models coming, as new / updates do happen after the 'Shut Down'. 

They will say anything.

They will never say, 'Suppliers are not supplying some components because they had enough of VW.    Or what ever the real issue is.

I bet they want cars into the UK PDQ, & before November. 

Lucky for me I've only paid £250 deposit. Only ordered on 7th August so still waiting for a build week! But at least I know it'll be a MY20 build. Just hope it's not a 2020 delivery!

5 minutes ago, MarkN901 said:

Lucky for me I've only paid £250 deposit. Only ordered on 7th August so still waiting for a build week! But at least I know it'll be a MY20 build. Just hope it's not a 2020 delivery!

Could get the new 20 plate in March as a bonus or an extra 10% on the bill as a negative.:sweat:The uncertainty seems to be putting off plenty of potential private sales less so for company business because they need to replace their fleets.🚙

Just checked my order form. Estimated delivery 30th November 2019.

Not fussed if it's a 20 plate or not as I'll be putting my own on anyway. That said if it takes that long then any bugs from the updated spec should be ironed out. As for the additional 10% they can go whistle if it takes that long! They can waive that in leu of compensation, and there's nothing about price increases on my order form.

3 hours ago, MarkN901 said:

Just checked my order form. Estimated delivery 30th November 2019.

Not fussed if it's a 20 plate or not as I'll be putting my own on anyway. That said if it takes that long then any bugs from the updated spec should be ironed out. As for the additional 10% they can go whistle if it takes that long! They can waive that in leu of compensation, and there's nothing about price increases on my order form.

I dont think that will matter as it is not a price increase (if it happens) but a duty increase.  They are 2 different things, one controlled by Skoda, the other by the govt.

When they do a Promotion with a discount equivalent to VAT then that is them cutting what profits there are or would have been. As it is RRP's are a joke and about leasing.

Maybe they will need to suck up the cost of the Tariff / duty, because making some money will be better than left with a bunch of vehicles they imported and which have no buyers other than VW Finance.

But maybe it will not come to that.   Maybe it will.

1 hour ago, Roottootemoot said:

When they do a Promotion with a discount equivalent to VAT then that is them cutting what profits there are or would have been. As it is RRP's are a joke and about leasing.

Maybe they will need to suck up the cost of the Tariff / duty, because making some money will be better than left with a bunch of vehicles they imported and which have no buyers other than VW Finance.

But maybe it will not come to that.   Maybe it will.

Yeah, but it is down to each of us with current orders to decide for ourselves whether our deposits are worth the gamble.

If we wait until the car is built and shipped then decide that due to duty increases the car is no longer viable then we will definitely lose our deposits.

At least with no allocated build week yet, no metal will have been cut so unless the dealer is a right ar$e we should get our deposits back....after all, all they have done is fill in a form on the Skoda order book, hardly £500 worth of effort on their behalf (insert your own deposit sum).

So as I say, each to their own and whether they want to gamble the deposit or not.

• Like 1

If the Contract you signed says you lose your deposit then that will be that.

There certainly are Salespeople / Dealers that want a deposit but as i said previously i place a deposit with chancers and they should have had as good legal advice when using it as i had reading it.

Meant to say....spoke to another dealer today about the potential 10% duty rate from a different manufacturer (German) and he said that they had been told that a 10% increase is likely in the event we go to WTO, and that the manufacturer in question has deleted some UK new car orders from the build schedule until all is over re Brexit.

They also cancelled a ship that was due to leave (not sure what was on it).  He also said they cant get demos either as the manufacturer finance company wont entertain them until some certainty exists because a new build order now will fall on the crux of Haloween for delivery and they dont want to be holding the baby regarding the extra import cost.

18 minutes ago, ChinChiminey85 said:

Wow that’s good. What spec ?

2.0tsi dsg 4x4 SEL

Pano sunroof

Adaptive cruise

Heated steering wheel

Reversing camera

Children's pack

Crew assist

Leather seats