GOODBYE FROM SHY245

shyVRS245

After 18 months on Briskoda it is time to say Goodbye. I could give a reason but don't wish to leave on a negative note so all the best to all of you even if we have disagreed about certain subjects. Unfortunately the enjoyment I used to get logging on and reading my notifications has been waning for awhile and it is best to hang up the keyboard as the most popular monthly contributor (sorry George I know you enjoy being number one) and second in the list for the last year. After 6,700 posts collecting 2,218 points and winning the day a total of 52 times it is record I am proud of (except the warning points collected along the way). May you all have healthy lives and I hope all your dreams are fulfilled. BTW my first name is Robert for the curious amongst you, cheers and thank you.;)

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hi Rob...   Sorry to see you go...   There are some of us here that will miss your humour and sarcasm!

Take care and hope you pop back at some stage...   It's a shame that the actions of a few people have tainted things for you!

• Thanks 1

@shyVRS245

Ah dude, ta ra root toot,  but sorry to see you go, but like in the song

'You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave!'

Take care. 

george

PS,

I think i will sign out as well as it seems a good time to go, i have preparations to make for Halloween.

So Roottootemoot as well, and before the Troll in Central Europe makes up some story Robert and i are not eloping, we have never met.

Puszi puszi.

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bloody hell, I've obviously missed something (again).  Cheerio Robert, may your 335.9bhp continue to keep a smile on your face.

Gary

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CallmeGaz said:

Bloody hell, I've obviously missed something (again).  Cheerio Robert, may your 335.9bhp continue to keep a smile on your face.

Gary

He can't have gone, he resigned 13 hours ago but reacted to your post, " Watch out, shy's about "   

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

hang up the keyboard as the most popular monthly contributor (sorry George I know you enjoy being number one) and second in the list for the last year. After 6,700 posts collecting 2,218 points and winning the day a total of 52 times it is record I am proud of

This is a joke, right?

You're proud of profligate postings on an obscure website?

Please tell me you're kidding?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry to see you both go George and Robert, I missed Georges postings during his last unannounced absence.

Like the tree above I hope to see your return in the springtime.

Sad to see the negativity even on this thread but not surprised.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Sad to see the negativity even on this thread but not surprised.

Lots of negativity on here at the moment unfortunately - mostly from a small number of individuals getting abusive due to their passions about a couple of subjects...   it's starting to drag the forum down IMHO...   which is a shame as this has historically been a friendly, good natured forum with plenty of banter.

We could probably do with a few others taking a rest for a while to let things settle down and recover.!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lee_Esq said:

'I'm leaving but will still pop back to react and see how many 'likes' I got.

Seems a bit harsh and uncalled for Lee???

Might be worth you holding back on such posts in the future if you're not going to post anything useful or of relevance?  (just saying in the spirit of the forum…)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's going on?!?!  My number one source of totally immature and satirical posts on Briskoda has gone.  I'm sure @shyVRS245/Rob didn't take himself too seriously and half the time posted with a fishing rod above the keyboard, just waiting for someone to take a nibble BUT to give credit, he posted some very useful stuff and was always ready to give some helpful advice.  A good guy with a bit of character, nothing wrong with that. 

Best of luck Rob, I hope you enjoy the new vRS.  FWIW; I'm sure a boggo standard 280 Superb would have absolutely smoked your (old) Octavia, even with that 59.9 bhp advantage ;)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, skomaz said:

Seems a bit harsh and uncalled for Lee???

Might be worth you holding back on such posts in the future if you're not going to post anything useful or of relevance?  (just saying in the spirit of the forum…)

It was merely an observation. He said he was leaving but clearly he hasn't as he keeps checking the posts and reacting.
Including yours.
I suppose my question is, 'why announce your goodbye and then keep logging in to react to posts?'
I thought he was a firm leaver aswell ;) 

16 minutes ago, Lee_Esq said:

It was merely an observation. He said he was leaving but clearly he hasn't as he keeps checking the posts and reacting.
Including yours.
I suppose my question is, 'why announce your goodbye and then keep logging in to react to posts?'
I thought he was a firm leaver aswell ;) 

I think we all know an 'observation' wasnt what you were making when you posted...   The quotation marks on the original post make that clear as does your post above...   Along with your reference to the thread that is causing so much angst and bad feeling on here.

You really don't know when to leave things be do you...   I'd like to think that one day you'll learn but unfortunately it's hard to believe that will ever be the case.

Cheers!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skomaz said:

I think we all know an 'observation' wasnt what you were making when you posted...   The quotation marks on the original post make that clear as does your post above...   Along with your reference to the thread that is causing so much angst and bad feeling on here.

You really don't know when to leave things be do you...   I'd like to think that one day you'll learn but unfortunately it's hard to believe that will ever be the case.

Cheers!

Look, I don't want an argument. Like I said, it was an observation. If I was to leave a party, I'd say my goodbyes and go home. Not stand outside the party waiting to see how many people missed me. 
The ;) at the end of that sentence denotes it was meant in a light-hearted way. :)