Octavia Mk IV Leaked?

15 minutes ago, Squirrelz said:

HVAC moving to the touchscreen, I still think is a massive mistake 😞

Agreed. My disco sport has the worst of both worlds. Manual controls for temp but touch screen for directing the flow to windscreen/face/feet. It’s a right old faff to change. Looking forward to getting my octy which has good old fashioned controls.

• Like 1

Having read all the information about the new Octavia Mk4 I am not so sure I fancy one now. I live in a narrow road and anything bigger than my current Octavia could be an issue. And all that tech!! I certainly dont fancy HVAC on a touchscreen!  My mk3 hasnt given any issues so far in nearly 3 years....maybe it will be replaced by a really late mk3 or i`ll just run mine until it goes bang! 

Edited by threadbear

3 hours ago, Bugginbob said:

Agreed. My disco sport has the worst of both worlds. Manual controls for temp but touch screen for directing the flow to windscreen/face/feet. It’s a right old faff to change. Looking forward to getting my octy which has good old fashioned controls.

Yep my XF is the same.

I have a physical auto button and temp buttons but the rest is touchscreen. But what I find more frustrating is the climate seats can be heated or cooled and separate zones can be selected. It's all done through touch screen and is a complete faff and difficult to do while driving.  

Somethings just work better with a physical button of rotary dial.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Squirrelz said:

Looking at reviews of Peugeots, modern ones have the same. It is one of the criticisms that Matt from Carbuyer says about the car. I would agree with him. I'd prefer separate simple controls to set the temperature.

Edited by Jim H
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tcots said:

Here some official pics:

SKODA OCTAVIA 2020... ALL THERE IS TO KNOW

Skoda Octavia 2020 (3).jpg

Skoda Octavia 2020 (1).jpg

That second pic... I’m going Photoshop, not official picture. There is something off with the rear. Add the wheels and Mk3 exhaust into the mix and I’m not convinced it’s an ‘official picture’. 

• Like 2

I had a pug hire car once. The touchscreen for everything was simply awful. What also made it worse was that the centre console was angled slightly towards the driver. But being a French car, it was angled to the left...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/11/2019 at 20:41, SC03OTT said:

That second pic... I’m going Photoshop, not official picture. There is something off with the rear. Add the wheels and Mk3 exhaust into the mix and I’m not convinced it’s an ‘official picture’. 

yeah, someone tried hard but missed...

the shape of the rear passenger door windows dont match - the panel edges are at different angles.   

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/11/2019 at 08:56, Squirrelz said:

Hmm starting to investigate Octavia etc - the HVAC controls moving to the touchscreen are a bit of a Houston moment for me. VW Golf has gone the same way as well but the new 2020 Audi A3 does have buttons as well as the screen. 

On 22/04/2020 at 22:32, bigjohn said:

2020 Audi A3 does have buttons as well as the screen. 

that's because Audi drivers dont have the same amount of reaction time available as other drivers, so cant afford to be fiddling with touch screens getting distracted......

#stereotyping

• Haha 2

On 26/04/2020 at 03:28, mac11irl said:

that's because Audi drivers dont have the same amount of reaction time available as other drivers, so cant afford to be fiddling with touch screens getting distracted......

#stereotyping

Unfortunately it rules the new Octavia out for me though - it would cause a divorce in the bigjohn household. I'm a tech person but mrs bj is a fully paid member of the Luddite society

• Haha 1

neither of us are luddite or technophobes, but in my car I like to be able to push one button /knob to make a change. 

I even find flicking between modes on the amundsen+ in the octy a bit of a pain through the touchscreen..

• Like 1