New FL Skoda Superb 2020 tail lights - retrofit?

good work/effort - they look good, though it would b better if it were finished with the centre/boot chrome stripe too 🙂 

tis a shame that it's not straight forward plug-n-play fitment. 😞 

Ssavi thanks for lights.

Can you share to me setting from your BCM unit? If you have it done already? I can pay you for that. 
Only one thing which is not working is that coming home function, leaving home working. Or just this information I need, where to setup coming home. 🙂

Thanks! 

Hello 

I think this is a mutual aid forum and not an online store;)  I wouldn't take money if I could help you. 

After the change you have a problem ? which lights you have a problem, with headlights or taillights. Or you have problems after coding ?

• Love it! 1

@ssavi
Oh thanks. This is about taillights.

there is problem which you can see in the video i have posted above.

when you open car there is some welcome animation which has that new taillights and thats leaving home, but when I lock the car, it behavior like standart old ones. But there is also ability to have animation when you lock the car in the dark. 

have you figured out how to setup this coming home animation? Which value has to be changed to work it properly? Like oem? 

thank you for any advice.

i have 2018 year. 

there is some refenrece video:

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/08/2020 at 20:49, s1rbruce said:

@ssavi
Oh thanks. This is about taillights.

there is problem which you can see in the video i have posted above.

when you open car there is some welcome animation which has that new taillights and thats leaving home, but when I lock the car, it behavior like standart old ones. But there is also ability to have animation when you lock the car in the dark. 

have you figured out how to setup this coming home animation? Which value has to be changed to work it properly? Like oem? 

thank you for any advice.

i have 2018 year. 

there is some refenrece video:

Do you think, it is possible to activate this animation on Superb Mk 3.0 ?

5 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

Do you think, it is possible to activate this animation on Superb Mk 3.0 ?

Hello yes, I have seen it, on retrofiting it from guys in our capital city, but I dont wanna to pay them about 250 euro. 

Welcome animation working. You can see it above in video. But leaving animation not works. There may be some configuration which I have to make, but I dont know where.. 

• 3 months later...
On 25/06/2020 at 19:12, s1rbruce said:

Hi @JR RS ,

I already contacted kufatec.de, looks like they dont planning it yet 😞

here is some code for combi version (chrome)
3V9 945 207 C - left outer
3V9 945 208 C - right outer

3V9 945 307 H - left inner 
3V9 945 308 H -right inner

Have you got any contact, or some know - how from the person who already did upgrade? Some wiring diagram etc.?
It will be great. I dont want wait for adapter 😄

Is there a difference between in the sedan and combi rear light design?  

13 hours ago, New2018 said:

Is there a difference between in the sedan and combi rear light design?  

Yes, different tail lights.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have access to ETKA to figure out what the part numbers for the connectors are? I need pre-facelift female connectors and post-facelift male connectors in order to make a proper conversion harness, but I can't find a name for these connectors or any part numbers for them. I have the wiring diagrams if anyone needs, let me know and I can tell you the colours - I won't post them here because it's probably a breach of erwin and/or briskoda rules.

I picked up a set of facelift rear lights (outer and inner lights, 4 parts total) for £370 + £20 delivery (I found someone on ebay breaking a facelift, although it had chrome trim - I wanted black sportline, so I'll have to wrap the chrome strip on the rear lights). 

The seller wouldn't sell me the boot handle, number plate lights or tailgate strip/frame that holds the handle and number plate lights, because he wanted to sell the tailgate as a complete unit, which I understand. I'm hoping I can get away without using the chrome strip on the boot, as I really don't want it anyway - if the tail lights look ok with the chrome wrapped black and no strip on the boot, I'm happy.

To answer some of my own questions here, I've made some diagrams of what a facelift tail light adapter set of conversion harnesses would look like to aid myself in . These diagrams are specific to Right hand drive notchbacks/liftback/hatchbacks (i.e. not estate/kombi/avant)

Thought I'd post them in case they're helpful to someone.

As you can see, it's pretty much a straight pin-for-pin mapping with 3x quirks - 

a) now that the indicator is on both the inner and outer light clusters, some joining of these needs to happen

b) now that reverse has moved to the inner cluster, a wire for this needs dragging up over the bootlid hinge and back down

c) 2019 has a new wire on each side going all the way back from the indicator to the fusebox via connection 1 in the main harness, some sort of Canbus wire maybe?

I'll update the thread once I've built the harness and plugged the new lights in. I'm thinking I should build 2x harnesses while I'm at it if I'm doing one, so that I have an extra set for the next person who's thinking of attempting...

IMG_20210216_214423.jpg

IMG_20210216_214441.jpg

• Like 2

The set I found from the breakers yard had the chrome strips. For anyone wondering, they come off fairly easy with a hairdryer to heat the adhesive and some isopropyl alcohol to clean up. I plan to retrofit the taillights and avoid the need for a strip along the bumper and all the hassle of changing handles and number plate lights as well, besides I prefer the look without the strip. So I think it'll work just fine retrofitting the lights alone with the chrome strips removed from them. Here's a closeup video of one with the chrome removed. https://photos.app.goo.gl/uTfZ6d9dqm9pbaHs8

Edited by AlVal

• 2 weeks later...

inner connector inner pins outer connector outer pins
8W0971636 000979009E or N90764701 1K8972928 AMP MCP 1.5K Female Crimp Terminal Contact 1241381-3

so I've figured out these are the correct connectors and pins you'll need on the 'lights' end of the harness. 

I need help figuring out the connectors on the 'car' side

If anyone knows the part number for the female plug in this picture, please help! I know it's the female version of 1j0972928 / 1J0972926, because the male plug on the existing car harness has that stamped on it.

IMG_20210227_143339.jpg

IMG_20210227_143348.jpg

IMG_20210227_143428.jpg

• Like 1

One step closer. Well this was ridiculously hard to figure out, but I eventually found another place where this connector is used in an audi seat mechanism, and the corresponding plug it fits into, so I now know the part number needed to plug into the cars harness on the outer side avoiding chopping into it. It's 3C0 972 733. Gotta patiently wait for aliexpress China shipment now. Meanwhile let the hunt begin for the corresponding part on the inner light harness

Screenshot_20210303_061132.jpg

July 2019+ cars have all 4 indicators (inner and outer clusters on left and right) wired back to this pin - some sort of pulse width modulation signal. I wonder whether there's any point in me going to the effort of wiring this if pre-2019 cars have no ability to send out these pwm signals, which I presume are only used for the 'coming home animation' that some retrofitter noticed was missing? if anyone can tell what this pin does (if anything) on pre-2019, please let me know, or whether it's just a pin that coding could 'turn on' to make whatever the function is work?

this is not power, the indicators are separately wired for their power to flash them

Screenshot 2021-03-07 at 19.39.07.png

Edited by AlVal

• 3 weeks later...

Will have it finished tomorrow, as you can see the original car's harness is left untouched with my homemade wiring harness adapters

IMG_20210325_172533.jpg

IMG_20210325_172932.jpg

IMG_20210325_173553.jpg

Edited by AlVal