The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Topic.

@Lee

5 hours ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@lol-lol

People will eventually realise that there is a shift in what is important and what is not. 

When people in other countries are too ill or dead to supply cheap stuff by being taken advantage of stuff will be less of interest to UK citizens.

The world is being re-booted.  

I think that the world reboot is a side effect of all this. It's not a reboot caused by the virus.

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

No phone or i-pad, using a laptop.

Recovering from eye surgery so the phone is far too small to see.

The other problem is putting images on another forum, thats not your problem but why the URL where the image presumably was originally found would be the best way for me.

Otherwise is someone could explain how to do it on a laptop using Firefox.

No teenagers around to ask, all on lockdown 😀

Google and you tube are your friends and winos post above

Edited by Sad555

17 minutes ago, J.R. said:

No phone or i-pad, using a laptop.

Recovering from eye surgery so the phone is far too small to see.

The other problem is putting images on another forum, thats not your problem but why the URL where the image presumably was originally found would be the best way for me.

Otherwise is someone could explain how to do it on a laptop using Firefox.

No teenagers around to ask, all on lockdown 😀

Penny has just dropped...

.What about your briskoda mate that helped you put haldex fluid in your diff of was it diff oil in your haldex are they better at copy and pasting??????????

Edited by Sad555

Right mouse click on the image then 'save as' then click 'save'. This will download the image file to your laptop. You can then upload or C&P the image into the other website.

• Like 1

I think you are being rather unfair on a fellow Briskodian, I dont need anyone to blame my incompetence on, I sincerely hope that you never find yourself in a similar situation but if you do I hope you gain some humility.

For your info and so that no-one else maligns my observer I mistakenly drained the diff oil and after removing, cleaning & refitting the Haldex pump topped up the oil remaining in their thinking that I was refilling it from empty oblivious to the fact that the differential was then dry, then drove it for nearly a tankfull of fuel including a 130kph autoroute journey before hearing the slightest transmission noise.

I have been very lucky, even if it does turn out to be screwed it did not let go on the autoroute.

Its up on blocks now till the confinement ends, I can walk & cycle to the limited places I am allowed, it will be months before I know if the diff has survived, its been flushed & refilled.

• Like 1

Already tried that Lee but if they are saved it never tells me where & I can never ever find them on the computer, the default setting has been changed loads of times to always ask where to save but it never happens, the hard disc will be getting full up somewhere.

no teenagers to ask 🤣

Managed it thanks, think it was copying it to the clipboard or whatever its called but would never paste, found the proper icon to click on, my operatig system is in French, I'm bi-lingual but still dont recognise some computeing terms for what they are

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1

Thankyou to you all, I have resolved it now with your help, I had not seen some of the first responses.

The pasting would not work on the other (inferior!) forum but saving the document once I worked out how to and uploading it did, thanks again.

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Already tried that Lee but if they are saved it never tells me where & I can never ever find them on the computer, the default setting has been changed loads of times to always ask where to save but it never happens, the hard disc will be getting full up somewhere.

no teenagers to ask 🤣

Managed it thanks, think it was copying it to the clipboard or whatever its called but would never paste, found the proper icon to click on, my operatig system is in French, I'm bi-lingual but still dont recognise some computeing terms for what they are

Which browser and operating system are you using? Photos usually get saved to either the Downloads folder or Pictures folder.

Speaking at a press conference, the head of the World Health Organisation said young people were “not invincible,” adding that a significant percentage of those who had been hospitalised for coronavirus have been under 50. “I have a message for young people: You are not invincible. This virus could put you in hospital for weeks or even kill you. Even if you don’t get sick, the choices you make about where you go could be the difference between life and death for someone else,” said Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.

https://www.ft.com/content/65f8e41a-6add-11ea-a3c9-1fe6fedcca75

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

The media has mainly focused on older people being affected - which comparatively is true.

From the front lines however, I have heard of many young healthy people being affected. Just today a colleague that works in a different hospital has told me they have 3 patients all in their early 30s (one of them is 30 yrs old) being intubated in ITU.

It really is scary stuff. 

Edited by Squible
Typo
  • Sad 2

Oz has allowed workers to access $10,000 from the pension contributions in this and next tax year, innovative idea which is sadly missing from UK Gov strategy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-22/coronavirus-second-stimulus-economy-federal-government/12078982

14 hours ago, gadgetman said:

Won't be long before any symptom of any kind will lead to self isolation. 

With all the cases logged, surely they would have a better idea? 

I suspect half the population have currently got a cold or some virus.

As I said my company's temperature test did not even register me as having any temperature, even a normal 37 C. 

Self isolating must occur even if you feel well.  You could be the Carrier....

https://forums.runnersworld.co.uk/discussion/161168/doctor-doctor-jokes

So sad that the Government did not stress isolating much earlier.  

Just down the road we had a couple of hundred thousand gathered at Cheltenham.  Muppets.  

https://www.racingtv.com/news/crowd-tops-60-000-as-coronavirus-fails-to-stop-cheltenham

many in the 61,000  crowd had something to cheer (Focusonracing)

many in the 61,000 crowd had something to cheer (Focusonracing)

Edited by lol-lol
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Squible said:

The media has mainly focused on older people being affected - which comparatively is true.

From the front lines however, I have heard of many young healthy people being affected. Just today a colleague that works in a different hospital has told me they have 3 patients all in their early 30s (one of them is 30 yrs old) being intubated in ITU.

It really is scary stuff. 

Were they healthy before or had underlying health issues?

I gather anti inflammatory drugs are not recommended if C19 is suspected ? 

Sadly paracetamol has quintupled in price and in short supply in addition to the 32 tablet per purchaser limit.

Edited by lol-lol

31 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

National Trust closing all its Houses and Parks. Russia to send medical equipment to Italy after 793 deaths in the last 24 hours.:sadsmile:

Only gated parks and gardens, countryside and coastal areas still open with free parking 

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/press-release/the-national-trusts-latest-statement-on-coronavirus-covid-19 

Copied from CRO facebook.

stay away from OUR DALES

82024272_2613460795410023_48681545917341
Cave Rescue Organisation
14 hrs · 

Okay folks, it seems some people just don't understand social distancing. As a result of being inundated today, Ingleton Waterfalls Trail has closed until further notice. Also the good people of Malham have asked that people DO NOT come to Malham as a base for getting some fresh air - the village was absolutely rammed today.
If you really need fresh air, find somewhere local to you, but off the beaten track. And remember, walking in a group is NOT social distancing. The more people ignore this advice, the nearer we are to a compulsory lockdown. #flattenthecurve

12 hours ago, J.R. said:

Please someone tell me how to copy and reproduce these compelling images, the graph and the table.

I use Firefox on a desktop - just right click on the image then click on "Save Image As" - I've shared several images from here over the last few days with my WhatsApp contacts.

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

National Trust closing all its Houses and Parks. :sadsmile:

1 hour ago, Cakemonster said:

Only gated parks and gardens, countryside and coastal areas still open with free parking 

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/press-release/the-national-trusts-latest-statement-on-coronavirus-covid-19 

I was at Clumber Park yesterday and it certainly was busy but it’s so big that social distancing was easily practiced.

It isn’t a place to easily cordon off the outer areas (the inner ones would be easier) so people may still visit.