Turbo Swap Choices for EA211 1.2 TSI

2 minutes ago, pedro1987 said:

It is a skoda spaceback same platform and with adaptation everything can be😂😂😁😁

The Rapid is MQB based, like the Golf 7/7.5 that's been around as long if not longer. The mk5 polo and mk3 fabia are PQ26. Mk6 polo (AW) and Fabia MK4 are fully MQB.

It can probably be modified to fit with the standard air inlet thing, but that's fairly closed off and restrictive, so that'd need modification (or something custom making like im doing 😉) for it to be worthwhile or you'd be better off having the airbox just pull air in from the bay, in which case you're spending a lot of money and only using half the kit and not even using the half you are using as it was intended anyway.

I cannot seem to understand the function of this piece, is it a pcv? I already connected an oil catch can to the pipe that goes to the turbo.

Can i just put a breather filter instead of plumbing it back to the intake? 

Screenshot_20210822-103151_Chrome.jpg

58 minutes ago, Silmirael said:

I cannot seem to understand the function of this piece, is it a pcv? I already connected an oil catch can to the pipe that goes to the turbo.

Can i just put a breather filter instead of plumbing it back to the intake? 

Screenshot_20210822-103151_Chrome.jpg

This one only needs a breather filter, fresh air goes in this bit from the filter housing.

The foam covered pipe that goes into the side of the turbo is the bit what needs a catch can.

• Love it! 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, Could you do a Similar list for 2009 1.8 Tsi Estate Laurin & Klement or add some suggestions to our telegram group Uk-SkodaSwapShop

@ https://t.me/UkSkodaSwapShop

Or message me on kik with any suggestions @ Kik: kaliphos287

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, jaykicksass said:

Brilliant write up and help on the page. Thank you. 

I have a seat Leon with the 1.2 cbzb engine. Will this work for me?

If so I'm guessing that a 1.4 tsi decat down pipe will also fit?

Thanks. 

Unfortunately you have the older EA111 engine, JBS has offerings for it but nothing here helps you sadly.

Exhausts are also specific to chassis aswell as engine, so Golf / Leon / A3 / Octavia? (Or is it Superb?) are the same as they're all MQB chassis (given a specific engine), but the Fabia / Ibiza / A1 / Polo one is different given they all use the PQ26 chassis.

For those with EA211 engines, the exhausts are interchangeable between the 1.2/1.4 (many use the exact same part from factory). Provided you find a 1.4 exhaust from the same platform, it'll fit.

Most of the decat downpipes you see online are all for the Golf platform, so won't fit the fabia etc.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

Unfortunately you have the older EA111 engine, JBS has offerings for it but nothing here helps you sadly.

Exhausts are also specific to chassis aswell as engine, so Golf / Leon / A3 / Octavia? (Or is it Superb?) are the same as they're all MQB chassis (given a specific engine), but the Fabia / Ibiza / A1 / Polo one is different given they all use the PQ26 chassis.

For those with EA211 engines, the exhausts are interchangeable between the 1.2/1.4 (many use the exact same part from factory). Provided you find a 1.4 exhaust from the same platform, it'll fit.

Most of the decat downpipes you see online are all for the Golf platform, so won't fit the fabia etc.

Golf decat downpipes will fit the ea211 1.2 in the fabia, however you will need to cut the flexi out and put a shorter flexi in to fit properly.

On another note, my valves have kissed the piston in cylinder 3, so the 1.4 engine swap has deceased.  Next steps are a 1.8 or 2.0tsi swap and a few other big things, but that will be a few months in the making.

Just now, TheFozzy said:

Golf decat downpipes will fit the ea211 1.2 in the fabia, however you will need to cut the flexi out and put a shorter flexi in to fit properly.

On another note, my valves have kissed the piston in cylinder 3, so the 1.4 engine swap has deceased.  Next steps are a 1.8 or 2.0tsi swap and a few other big things, but that will be a few months in the making.

True, but off the shelf options don't fit without modification.

Any idea what caused the valve(s?) to drop? Seems like it's not the first time an EA211 has dropped a valve.

12 hours ago, FabiaGonzales said:

True, but off the shelf options don't fit without modification.

Any idea what caused the valve(s?) to drop? Seems like it's not the first time an EA211 has dropped a valve.

I'm not 100% sure, interestingly it was an intake valve that snapped off, I expected it to be an exhaust valve with the aggressive overrun map I had.  The sparkplug may have also failed causing it to drop the valve.

I can cross off doing the 1.4tsi swap, so if anyone wants any extra info or help swapping in the 1.4tsi, let me know know.  Next step is to source an ea888 gen3 to swap in.

2 minutes ago, TheFozzy said:

I'm not 100% sure, interestingly it was an intake valve that snapped off, I expected it to be an exhaust valve with the aggressive overrun map I had.  The sparkplug may have also failed causing it to drop the valve.

I can cross off doing the 1.4tsi swap, so if anyone wants any extra info or help swapping in the 1.4tsi, let me know know.  Next step is to source an ea888 gen3 to swap in.

2.0T Golf R engine and IS38 swap? (Or that new garret one?)

I imagine it'll take a bit of wiring work swapping the ECU across though.

30 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

2.0T Golf R engine and IS38 swap? (Or that new garret one?)

I imagine it'll take a bit of wiring work swapping the ECU across though.

Planning to go for the Golf GTI/Octavia VRS engine with the polo gti 6 speed gearbox and engine mounts.  VAG ECUs use the same connectors so I should be able to plug the car's main loom to the replacement ecu, and I'm looking to get a car from copart so I have the complete engine loom.  For now I'll just run the stock engine with plans to go stage 3 with the is38 turbo which will run about 400bhp on a safe revo tune.

It definitely won't be as simple as the 1.4tsi swap, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm new here! I'm driving 1.2 tsi cjzc polo mk5 5 MT

Today I buy 1.4 tsi turbo (04E145721B).

I'm planning to do next things:

- decat

- custom downpipe

- installing 1.4 turbo

- remap

After I read this topic I found out that it have some issues with 1.4 large turbo but dont understand what's the problem actually.

My target is to achieve around 150 hp and make car running with enough boost all the way. (I dont like the way car running in stock especially after 4500 rpm).

Can someone explain what issues I can face with 1.4 turbo and is it worth to install it if I already buy it.

Sorry if I done mistakes , I'm not eng i not my native language :(

9 minutes ago, omgits1200 said:

¡Hola chicos, soy nuevo aquí! Estoy conduciendo 1.2 tsi cjzc polo mk5 5 MT

Hoy compro 1.4 tsi turbo ( 04E145721B) .

Estoy planeando hacer las siguientes cosas:

- decat

- bajante personalizada

- instalación de 1.4 turbo

- reasignar

Después de leer este tema, descubrí que tiene algunos problemas con 1.4 turbo grande, pero no entiendo cuál es el problema en realidad.

Mi objetivo es alcanzar unos 150 CV y hacer que el coche funcione con suficiente potencia en todo momento. (No me gusta la forma en que el coche funciona en stock, especialmente después de 4500 rpm).

¿Alguien puede explicar qué problemas puedo enfrentar con 1.4 turbo y vale la pena instalarlo si ya lo compro?

Perdón si cometí errores, no soy eng, no soy mi lengua materna 😞

I have the 1.2tsi and I installed that turbo plus downpipe, apr coils and I'm with stage 1 revo and got 170hp and a good torque line.

IMG-20210824-WA0044.jpg

4 minutes ago, pedro1987 said:

I have the 1.2tsi and I installed that turbo plus downpipe, apr coils and I'm with stage 1 revo and got 170hp and a good torque line.

IMG-20210824-WA0044.jpg

How long u drive thi setup? (How many miles\kmh?)

U drive MT or At transmission? Any issues ?

39 minutes ago, omgits1200 said:

- decat

- custom downpipe

- installing 1.4 turbo

- remap

After I read this topic I found out that it have some issues with 1.4 large turbo but dont understand what's the problem actually.

My target is to achieve around 150 hp and make car running with enough boost all the way. (I dont like the way car running in stock especially after 4500 rpm).

Can someone explain what issues I can face with 1.4 turbo and is it worth to install it if I already buy it.

Sorry if I done mistakes , I'm not eng i not my native language 

14.000 km with the 1.4t , only issue is clutch slipping in 2nd gear at full throttle, but that's my fault 😛

39 minutes ago, omgits1200 said:

- decat

- custom downpipe

- installing 1.4 turbo

- remap

Sorry if I done mistakes , I'm not eng i not my native language 

14.000 km with the 1.4t , only issue is clutch slipping in 2nd gear at full throttle, but that's my fault 😛

32 minutes ago, CrisBora said:

and you forgot to mention that the clutches are made of paper.

I'm not aware of any clutch issues? It's the same clutch on both the 5 and 6 speed too.

The stock clutch seems to be generally able to hold up to around 300nm. My clutch has now got 101k miles on it, 181bhp and 285nm for the most recent 28k of those, and it's still rock solid.

I thought i'd finally killed it a while back but it turns out it was just contamination, still kicking on lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2021 at 02:09, FabiaGonzales said:

I'm not aware of any clutch issues? It's the same clutch on both the 5 and 6 speed too.

The stock clutch seems to be generally able to hold up to around 300nm. My clutch has now got 101k miles on it, 181bhp and 285nm for the most recent 28k of those, and it's still rock solid.

I thought i'd finally killed it a while back but it turns out it was just contamination, still kicking on lol

@pedro1987 Is currently on his 3rd clutch. 

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all guys I am new to the group, I have a Skoda Fabia 1.2 tsi 2016 1 month ago I bought downpipe and turbo taken from a 1.4 TSI 125 hp ... unfortunately I have only now read the list of turbos ... So if I mount this turbine does not change anything from the original?
I leave turbine code: 04E 145 713 N
Thank you

IMG_20211215_205939582.jpg

32 minutes ago, DM_C said:
In case you tell me that it is useless to mount that turbo I found this on ebay but it is without west-gate, can I mount the one of the turbine that I bought?

IMG_20211215_205939582.jpg

s-l1600.jpg