Recommend me a film to watch...

ColinD

1917   is now on Amazon Prime and in 4K to boot :) 

It's a Sam Mendes film with the legendary Roger Deakins  as cinematographer. It's a great film, shot in a handful of long takes, that appear as if it were done in only a couple of continuous shots. Quite remarkable film making.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

1917   is now on Amazon Prime and in 4K to boot :) 

It's a Sam Mendes film with the legendary Roger Deakins  as cinematographer. It's a great film, shot in a handful of long takes, that appear as if it were done in only a couple of continuous shots. Quite remarkable film making.

I watched it yesterday evening. Excellent filming, might watch it again next weekend. 

• Like 1

Spotted that, was surprised to see a big film come to Prime so quickly.

I was disappointed not to be able to see this on the big screen.

On 20/09/2020 at 20:21, Lady Elanore said:

Leon, is one of my all time favourite films. It stars the gorgeous  Jean Reno (I have no idea why I find him so attractive, probably that voice:blush and accent :inlove: ) and a very young Natalie Portman. It's about a little girl that tries to hire a hitman. Currently, it doesn't appear to be free anywhere, but It's worth a rent if you like an unusual thriller and one made by Luc Besson before he lost the plot (The Big Blue is another strange and very captivating one of his films)

Jean Reno  in 28 Bullets is also a great film , not sure if its on any of the streaming sites 

• Like 1

Leon is worth buying.

Another Luc Besson film to look out for is "The Fifth Element"

It's got Gary Oldman in it again but he's almost unrecognisable.

You might not think it's your normal cup of tea but it's very entertaining.

Again not free anywhere I'm afraid, but worth a rent or buying if it's not too expensive.

12 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

Everything is better with either Lurpack or Jean Reno. Especially Lurpack and/over Jean Reno   :devil::inlove::blush :) 

Not sure about butter but he has his own olive oil

https://www.dartagnan.com/reserve-jean-reno-olive-oil---black-fruity/product/MBEVO006-1.html

So you can smother yourself in oil of Jean

4 hours ago, Aspman said:

Leon is worth buying.

Another Luc Besson film to look out for is "The Fifth Element"

It's got Gary Oldman in it again but he's almost unrecognisable.

You might not think it's your normal cup of tea but it's very entertaining.

Again not free anywhere I'm afraid, but worth a rent or buying if it's not too expensive.

I bought the Fifth Element too. Love the visuals and the music. If the Big Blue ever appears anywhere, it's worth catching. It's a little bit odd (Luc Besson) but has Jean Reno as Co-star :) All about Free-diving and a little bit 'zen' 

On 19/10/2020 at 05:49, moley said:

I watched it yesterday evening. Excellent filming, might watch it again next weekend. 

I must put this on my watch list too.

On 20/10/2020 at 18:31, Warrior193 said:

Outlaw King on Netflix. Historical fiction of the story of Robert the Bruce. Gore alert for battle scenes.

Probably about as accurate as Braveheart but never mind... Freedom!

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Aspman said:

Probably about as accurate as Braveheart but never mind... Freedom!

spacer.png

If you can believe Google, Outlaw King sticks a little closer to history.

Edited by Warrior193
2nd thought

On 20/10/2020 at 18:31, Warrior193 said:

Outlaw King on Netflix. Historical fiction of the story of Robert the Bruce. Gore alert for battle scenes.

Good shout warrior just watched it really enjoyed it 👍

Unbreakable B)

Have some time on my hands, so have been watching DVD's I haven't seen for a while.  Without doubt, in my opinion, Night's best film, with some phenomenal acting performances.  A great auditory symphony, and I really love the back story, even down to his poncho.

Gaz

2 hours ago, Gaz_ said:

Unbreakable B)

Have some time on my hands, so have been watching DVD's I haven't seen for a while.  Without doubt, in my opinion, Night's best film, with some phenomenal acting performances.  A great auditory symphony, and I really love the back story, even down to his poncho.

Gaz

I couldn't get on with that film, I really didn't like it.

For me M Night is one of the most over rated film makers around, I really liked 6th sense, I thought that was brilliant but everything else he's done has just been a shadow of that for me.

Peter Jackson is another Director that hit his peak early on, LoTR was spectacular but since then everything has been pretty meh.

• 2 weeks later...

The Admiral, on Prime video. The story of 17th century Dutch Admiral Michiel De Ruyter.  Charles Dance in the cast.

I admit to never before having heard of this outstanding naval leader.   

Netflix is showing 'Spider-man into the Spider-Verse' (in 4K too)

If you like Spidey it might not seem, at first glance at least, your idea of a good spidey film. It's a cartoon...sorry animated movie. But it's genuinely funny and clever and who doesn't want to see Spider-Ham?

• Like 1