Recommend me a film to watch...

ColinD

3 hours ago, Paul007 said:

The one where they do a bank, pile the gold into a bunch of Minis that are proper Minis and then dump them on their way to Geneva. Trouble is, nobody told the coach driver.....hint below.

Do you mean 'the one where they do an armoured van.................

6 hours ago, Paul007 said:

The one where they do an armoured vehicle, pile the gold into a bunch of Minis that are proper Minis and then dump them on their way to Geneva. Trouble is, nobody told the coach driver.....hint below.

Look what I stumbled across a few days ago!

Minis.thumb.jpg.a6c5f9d3e8c99b7e702a515466142974.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Black Hawk Down & Sicario.

Not too sure where to find them but both definitely benefit from having a decent sound system attached.

Both great films and very enjoyable with my 6 speaker (including large subwoofer) surround sound Panasonic 55" TV.:thumbup:

13 hours ago, john999boy said:

Black Hawk Down & Sicario.

Not too sure where to find them but both definitely benefit from having a decent sound system attached.

Both great films.

BHD is relentless, I was exhausted after watching it.

Sicario is really good as well, but quite grim.

If you want a laugh - Step Brothers.

Nothing clever, nothing high brow but very funny.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Last breath isn’t going to be running at any job fairs... good watch thanks.

another film that has ‘altered’ my thinking is interstellar.  Prime I think.

from the music; tingles.  even the very opening frames of it, they are in a brown tone, which reflects the earth & dust you’ll discover in the film, very clever. Very thought provoking. Might be a bit dull if you don’t like sci-fi. It was also done with real physics & nasa etc, as in, as real as it can be, real sets, so very little green screen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColinD said:

Last breath isn’t going to be running at any job fairs... good watch thanks.

another film that has ‘altered’ my thinking is interstellar.  Prime I think.

from the music; tingles.  even the very opening frames of it, they are in a brown tone, which reflects the earth & dust you’ll discover in the film, very clever. Very thought provoking. Might be a bit dull if you don’t like sci-fi. It was also done with real physics & nasa etc, as in, as real as it can be, real sets, so very little green screen. 

I love all Christopher Nolan films, not just because they are beautiful to look at (I feel similarly about Ridley Scott films) but also because his music is always amazing. Interstellar's music in particular sticks in the mind and I've heard several copy-cat attempts in other low budget Sci-fi movies since. 

On 27/08/2020 at 23:20, Lee01 said:

If you fancy some comedy, Sacha Baron Cohen in Grimsby (The Brothers Grimsby) is a bit of a chuckle. Imagine the bald bloke from Kingsmen playing a spy and his brother is Frank Gallagher from Shameless.

Its more than a chuckle 😅

Friend of ours Grandson was in it.... the one swinging the snooker balls.. 😳

Just watched Knives Out, a good take on a 'whodunnit'. Amazon Prime

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, olduns said:

Just watched Knives Out, a good take on a 'whodunnit'. Amazon Prime

Watched that last Saturday, quite good.

Was taking about Nic Cage with SO the other day and looked up his maddest films.

Apparently the most Nic Cage film is - Vampire's kiss. But that's not available anywhere.

#2 was "Bad Lieutenant which is available on Prime.

I've never seen it but I've lined it up now.

Edited by Aspman

On 14/09/2020 at 10:39, Aspman said:

Was taking about Nic Cage with SO the other day and looked up his maddest films.

Apparently the most Nic Cage film is - Vampire's kiss. But that's not available anywhere.

If you want a wierd nic cage film to watch then check out one called mandy ,but dont blame me i never said it were good haha 

I watched LA Confidential for the umpteenth time last night. It certainly is worth repeated viewing and to see Russell Crowe in his full glory is wonderful. He does explode anger unlike any other actor I can think of. Nic Cage can't hold a candle to him when it comes to the extreme physical nature of Mr Crowe. He is certainly a bear of a man. 

On 14/09/2020 at 10:39, Aspman said:

I have to give an apology for this.

Bad Lieutenant on Prime is the original with Harvey Keitel. It's very highly regarded but very dark.

But mainly there is no Nic Cage in it.

• Thanks 1

I love me an oddball lesser known film.

Recently watched "Tank Girl" for the first time recently. That's a fun film to watch.

Hedwig and the Angry inch is also one of my favourites.

2 hours ago, Phil-E said:

Recently watched "Tank Girl" for the first time recently. That's a fun film to watch.

it is brilliant. havnt watched in yrs.

2 hours ago, Phil-E said:

I love me an oddball lesser known film.

I was off work for 6 months early 2016 and watched some weird and wonderful stuff, in particular Russian War films. 😀

Certainly a different slant to the West's offerings

Battle for Sevastapol was one i enjoyed, think of Enemy at the Gates but with subtitles

Amazon Prime at the moment

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jars said:

I watched Le Mans ‘66 the other day. Good film and worth a watch. 

I enjoyed it too, although as I suspect most of us knew the end it was a slight downbeat moment (I mean that in a general sense, not in any 'spoiler' way of course) 

I enjoyed 'Le Mans' the Steve McQueen version more though. It's a film with almost no plot, no dialogue, most of it doesn't bear close inspection and the critics panned it when it came out.....BUT! it has 'those' cars (the real things, no CGI) it has 'that' track, it has wonderful tracking shots and for me has the most magical music. Michel Legrand's score is inseparable from the film imho, utterly haunting. 

It also has that fantastic opening sequence-don't expect fireworks, no dialogue! in fact I don't think there is a word spoked for the first 6 minutes and barely any more for the first half of the movie. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

I enjoyed it too, although as I suspect most of us knew the end it was a slight downbeat moment (I mean that in a general sense, not in any 'spoiler' way of course) 

I enjoyed 'Le Mans' the Steve McQueen version more though. It's a film with almost no plot, no dialogue, most of it doesn't bear close inspection and the critics panned it when it came out.....BUT! it has 'those' cars (the real things, no CGI) it has 'that' track, it has wonderful tracking shots and for me has the most magical music. Michel Legrand's score is inseparable from the film imho, utterly haunting. 

It also has that fantastic opening sequence-don't expect fireworks, no dialogue! in fact I don't think there is a word spoked for the first 6 minutes and barely any more for the first half of the movie. 

Not seen that one, but want to now:kiss:

Best in car race scenes ever. Some of it was shot during Le Mans too. 

You can see it's for petrol heads in that short clip :) he pulls up to a section of Armco that looks new and later we see a reverse shot that shows that it is a brand new section, hinting at the obvious to motor racing fans, but probably lost on people who just want to watch a Steve McQueen film. 

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 1