KPH/MPH

The latest response I received after querying the continued delay (note that akoda uk stopped updating me with their generic response about 4 weeks ago):

"Apologies for the delay. We are still addressing the recorded fault that seemed to be introduced when the new dash panel was fitted.

The original issue is resolved, the new ‘fault’ is only an electronic artifact within the self-test system of the car, it does not appear to be actively affecting anything but we need it to be clear to be sure everything is working correctly.

Our guidance has been to source a further replacement panel as we have been unsuccessful with clearing it with software or coding. At the moment we are waiting on that further part arriving. I will let you know as soon as it is here.

Regards"

I had a call this afternoon from the dealer to let me know that my car has a new component (I'm not yet sure which bit) and some software updates; apparently it has fixed the KPH/MPH issue.

I'm collecting it tomorrow morning - and will post an update in due course...

Just maybe skoda has realised that the hardware may have been the main problem with people's cars?if they have changed a few people's hardware and there cars are working ok.what happens next?avalanche comes to mind with people wanting new hardware fitted to there cars.if so just wonder the cost skoda is going to have changing all of the software.mind you it is early days so fingers crossed for everyone.

Today I asked my local dealer to help me understand why my octavia started continuously beeping for no reason ,even when the ignition was off and the car was locked ......the answer was absolutely rubbish, where is it bleeping from ....Well its from the car ! Ah we don't know why ? I'm really getting ****ed off with both Skoda UK and my local dealer and the only loser is me .Where do we go from here ?

2 hours ago, Kendoddsdadsdogisdead said:

Today I asked my local dealer to help me understand why my octavia started continuously beeping for no reason ,even when the ignition was off and the car was locked ......the answer was absolutely rubbish, where is it bleeping from ....Well its from the car ! Ah we don't know why ? I'm really getting ****ed off with both Skoda UK and my local dealer and the only loser is me .Where do we go from here ?

I would open a case with the Motor Ombudsman and (if the car is on finance) the Financial Ombudsman. One goes after the dealer, the other VWFS. Like you say, the only losers are the mugs who've put up with this for so long and have a car which is probably unsellable when people get on google in a few years. It's about time we all shared the pain.

9 hours ago, Kendoddsdadsdogisdead said:

What is when you were leaving the vehicle?

I had discovered that my loaner SE L First Ed had a similar issue in a specific condition. If you were to open the door, when there was on coming cars in your blind spot it would flash the usual warning in the mirror and beeps; however, it would sometime keeps beeping for a while after locking the vehicle.

11 hours ago, sneal said:

I had a call this afternoon from the dealer to let me know that my car has a new component (I'm not yet sure which bit) and some software updates; apparently it has fixed the KPH/MPH issue.

I'm collecting it tomorrow morning - and will post an update in due course...

Interesting update @sneal. Fingers crossed that it is the end of saga for you. Let's see if I get a call soon too now.

I'm getting giddy guys after Skida UK called me today to inform me that several Octavia owners are testing the new software ,well they've replaced the infotainment system with a new piece of hardware .All the issues revolve around the cruise control software ,so I'm told and they will call me next week to update me on the success of the trial .If it goes to plan they will instruct dealerships to order the new units and call you in for a refit of the system.

KPH/MPH - fixed! Well, it is for me anyhow 🙂

Picked up my car this morning and had a drive of about 25 miles, mixture of rural roads and motorway. All working fine - but as I say it’s early days.

The fix applied to my vehicle was a replacement of the Virtual Dashboard along with associated coding in to the vehicle and software updates. They also applied the other two software campaigns due for the car (48P9 and 69BN) and it seems some others too; paraphrasing the Master Technician ‘being a First Edition, your car has had lots of updates’. The good news is that changing the settings between MPH & KPH is actually auctioned and remembered when turning off & restarting the car; also, the built in SatNav can now display the distances in Miles (was always stuck in Km previously) - this setting is remembered too. I’m told by both the dealer and Škoda UK that my car is the first in the UK for this particular hardware fix, and they are keen for my feedback after some ‘real world’ driving.

Many on here I know have issues with the ACC getting confused with overtaking on the right/left - I didn’t have mine long enough to notice that issue before leaving it at the dealer (for 20 weeks!) so I’ll be monitoring that over the coming journeys.

Much to my surprise, on selecting my user in the car, entering my S-PIN all my previous settings (including seat position) were restored and iPhone reconnected to CarPlay quickly.

All seemed a bit too good to be true, but as it stands today, I am well pleased with the fix.     Clearly time and more miles will tell…

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sneal said:

Picked up my car this morning and had a drive of about 25 miles, mixture of rural roads and motorway. All working fine - but as I say it’s early days.

The fix applied to my vehicle was a replacement of the Virtual Dashboard along with associated coding in to the vehicle and software updates. They also applied the other two software campaigns due for the car (48P9 and 69BN) and it seems some others too; paraphrasing the Master Technician ‘being a First Edition, your car has had lots of updates’. The good news is that changing the settings between MPH & KPH is actually auctioned and remembered when turning off & restarting the car; also, the built in SatNav can now display the distances in Miles (was always stuck in Km previously) - this setting is remembered too. I’m told by both the dealer and Škoda UK that my car is the first in the UK for this particular hardware fix, and they are keen for my feedback after some ‘real world’ driving.

Many on here I know have issues with the ACC getting confused with overtaking on the right/left - I didn’t have mine long enough to notice that issue before leaving it at the dealer (for 20 weeks!) so I’ll be monitoring that over the coming journeys.

Much to my surprise, on selecting my user in the car, entering my S-PIN all my previous settings (including seat position) were restored and iPhone reconnected to CarPlay quickly.

All seemed a bit too good to be true, but as it stands today, I am well pleased with the fix.     Clearly time and more miles will tell…

Fingers crossed that you are sorted.

What SW versions are now reported by the MIB?

If they replaced the virtual dashboard, is it safe to say that you have the clock displayed on it too now?

3 minutes ago, Coume said:

Fingers crossed that you are sorted.

What SW versions are now reported by the MIB?

If they replaced the virtual dashboard, is it safe to say that you have the clock displayed on it too now?

Thanks.

SW version still the same 1668; no change to the HW version either (still no A,B,… suffix)

Didn’t think to check for a clock - doh! Will take a look when I can and report back.

10 minutes ago, sneal said:

Thanks.

SW version still the same 1668; no change to the HW version either (still no A,B,… suffix)

Didn’t think to check for a clock - doh! Will take a look when I can and report back.

That's very surprising. There must be dozens of hidden SW versions in the background!!

I have a MK4 purchased in April 2021. Started of ok, good looking car and accesories, bit concerned over the lack of buttons as most entry via screen (try doing that whilst driving!). I had an issue when the nav system when it decided to refuse to start up. This has taken several months and several visits to the workshop and innumerable calls to Skoda and customer services. Eventually the F5 controller was replaced and the system is back up and running - hooray you say, not me!.  The system now reports all addresses as off-road and displays a 16 digit geocode rather than the place name/street name or post code. Absolutely no use when trying to revisit a site previously entered. Having discusused with Customer Services who so far have been pretty useless and rather dismissive of the issue suggesting I call all the retailers and ask them to see if they have a solution when I have been told all new Octavias are being shipped with this configuration nav system. This is not what I purchased and is not a great deal of use, I have had to resort to Tom Tom and Google maps to help me get to and from sites as they are no longer displayed.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem or have I been mis-sold the car as it worked perfectly before it trashed itself and the new controller was installed.

For those of us who are happy to navigate using 16 digit codes and remember where they locate to please ignore this post.

3 hours ago, sneal said:

I just had a call from Kate stating that they are trying this in some test vehicles (perhaps yours?); moving forward, and assuming all goes well, the rest of us will get a new cluster and associated software update. 

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

I just had a call from Kate stating that they are trying this in some test vehicles (perhaps yours?); moving forward, and assuming all goes well, the rest of us will get a new cluster and associated software update. 

Yep, my car is a test vehicle. Not sure how I/it got selected but hey ho! Nice to have it back.

Hopefully it will prove to be an enduring fix and it can be rolled out across other similarly affected cars.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coume said:

Short answer - yes.

Longer answer - as per the photo at 3.26pm it displays 03:26. A check in the settings and the time is correct, and set to 12 hour display so they forgot the am/pm differentiator! Changing it to 24 hour display it more accurately displays 15:26.

91334538-AD99-4C23-87A1-E0FEA984D30D.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sneal said:

Yep, my car is a test vehicle. Not sure how I/it got selected but hey ho! Nice to have it back.

Hopefully it will prove to be an enduring fix and it can be rolled out across other similarly affected cars.

Super - let us know if your ACC stops you from overtaking at any point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sneal said:

Short answer - yes.

Longer answer - as per the photo at 3.26pm it displays 03:26. A check in the settings and the time is correct, and set to 12 hour display so they forgot the am/pm differentiator! Changing it to 24 hour display it more accurately displays 15:26.

91334538-AD99-4C23-87A1-E0FEA984D30D.jpeg

Great stuff. Having the clock on the dash of the second loaner made me realize how useful it is!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pete said:

I had the call from Kate Laws this morning (saturday). She referred to the test vehicles and that she would be obtaining feedback on Wednesday next week. She said she would call me next Thursday. Let's hope that this resolves the situation at long last.

• Like 1

Looking forward to hearing others have the fix installed and working. Then I'll make the call to the dealer, as I'm assuming they're not going to chase me!

Thanks to everyone who has put in the hard work to force Skoda to create these fixes.

• Like 2

I promised an update following a drive using ACC in my [test] updated SEL 1st Edition. My route included both 2 and 3 lane motorway (M3 J12 - J8), as well as single and dual carriageway roads (A30 west from J8).

Pleased to report that the ACC was doing what it should do…

• Reduced my speed on catching up with a vehicle in my lane
  • Maintaining my speed when catching up with and passing a vehicle in the lane to my Left
  • Reducing my speed when catching up with a vehicle in the lane to my Right

Interestingly, in the latter of those three scenarios, I was in Lane 1, reasonably close to a vehicle in Lane 2, being held back by ACC then as we got to a right hand bend that vehicle became outside of the radar field so my car accelerated. This is something mentioned in the car user manual so no great surprise but a reminder that the driver is (should be) in control and that ACC is merely an aid.

Approaching a slow moving queue, I ‘allowed’ the ACC to reduce my speed from 70mph to about 35-40mph before I decided to drop a gear or two and take over - a scenario where I think a DSG ‘box would be much better suited.

The KPH/MPH settings continue to work as they should and to my surprise the system allowed a change to that setting whilst in motion - I recommend that the driver doesn’t do it though!

Subjectively, the system feels quicker than it did before; but I couldn’t be absolutely certain about it (it’s 20 weeks since I previously drove it!). I am convinced that it is quicker than the system fitted in the loan Octavia SE 1st Edition though.

Navigation Favourites appear to save OK - but I only have two so far, carried over from March/April time.

I will be giving feedback to Kate at Škoda UK this week and I hope that the ‘fix’ can be deployed more widely soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for your update. This is most encouraging. We can only hope that Skoda UK will be able to obtain the necessary components without delay so all our cars can be fixed.

Perhaps the necessary parts can be removed from newly built cars which are awaiting chips!

18 minutes ago, sneal said:

I promised an update following a drive using ACC in my [test] updated SEL 1st Edition. My route included both 2 and 3 lane motorway (M3 J12 - J8), as well as single and dual carriageway roads (A30 west from J8).

Pleased to report that the ACC was doing what it should do…

• Reduced my speed on catching up with a vehicle in my lane
  • Maintaining my speed when catching up with and passing a vehicle in the lane to my Left
  • Reducing my speed when catching up with a vehicle in the lane to my Right

Interestingly, in the latter of those three scenarios, I was in Lane 1, reasonably close to a vehicle in Lane 2, being held back by ACC then as we got to a right hand bend that vehicle became outside of the radar field so my car accelerated. This is something mentioned in the car user manual so no great surprise but a reminder that the driver is (should be) in control and that ACC is merely an aid.

Approaching a slow moving queue, I ‘allowed’ the ACC to reduce my speed from 70mph to about 35-40mph before I decided to drop a gear or two and take over - a scenario where I think a DSG ‘box would be much better suited.

The KPH/MPH settings continue to work as they should and to my surprise the system allowed a change to that setting whilst in motion - I recommend that the driver doesn’t do it though!

Subjectively, the system feels quicker than it did before; but I couldn’t be absolutely certain about it (it’s 20 weeks since I previously drove it!). I am convinced that it is quicker than the system fitted in the loan Octavia SE 1st Edition though.

Navigation Favourites appear to save OK - but I only have two so far, carried over from March/April time.

I will be giving feedback to Kate at Škoda UK this week and I hope that the ‘fix’ can be deployed more widely soon.

Sounds promising! Does your car now remember the climate sync?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skody123 said:

Sounds promising! Does your car now remember the climate sync?

Ah! Dunno!

I never use the Climate Sync but it does remember the temperature settings from one drive top the next. I’ll give it a try over the next few days.