Closing the tailgate / boot with the remote

Hello, sorry if this is a dumb question, but how are you meant to close the boot with the key?

It doesn't seem consistent. Do I just press or press & hold? Sometimes I'll press and it does nothing, sometimes I'll press it starts beeping then stops, then I try again, nothing happens and sometimes it just beeps and closes.

Thanks

:speechless:

On 09/01/2021 at 23:23, ChaybobbTidbit said:

Hello, sorry if this is a dumb question, but how are you meant to close the boot with the key?

It doesn't seem consistent. Do I just press or press & hold? Sometimes I'll press and it does nothing, sometimes I'll press it starts beeping then stops, then I try again, nothing happens and sometimes it just beeps and closes.

Thanks

:speechless:

My Kodiaq can close from the button on the remote but you have to keep pressing the middle button on the remote and have to be within 2 metres.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, Berisford said:

Despite the manual saying you can close it on the remote, I can't get it to respond. 

Only a year late :) either way;

You have to stand near the tailgate within a few meters and hold the key fob to close it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Patent said:

I had this issue today. I actually haven't bothered to test it, but I suspect you may only be able to close from the key if you open with the key?

Not true, you can open and close in any combination there is! Foot kick to open, close on the button, open from inside, close with the key, and so on, it should all work!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, numskull said:

You can close the hatch with the remote key. Stand within 2 metres of the open hatch and press and hold the hatch button on the key and letting go when it begins to close. 

It's not working. Nothing happens. It works only to open. 

I have an MY17 - I can open and close the boot with the key fob.

It won't work if I'm inside the car and use the key fob.

I need to b at least 3 m or less away from the car for it to work.

3 hours ago, Frankenfurter said:

More usefully, you can code the earlier cars so that you can close the boot using the button next to the gear stick. Search the forum for that one or talk to your friendly local ODIS/VCP guru.

How earlier cars do you mean? 2019 as well?

8 hours ago, msemafor said:

How earlier cars do you mean? 2019 as well?

Yeah, the coding will depend on the hardware versions in your car but for sure it can be done in a 2019. I’ve had it done on my 2017.

see here.

you’ll need to find someone who does ODIS/VCP coding near you but it’s not particularly difficult for them to do the coding. Once you find someone just show them this post and they’ll be able to do it for you or figure it out.

Seen this topic. My trunk hardware is 5Q0959107P with software 0266. Anyone has done it in that module? And where to find right parameter file to my hardware?

On 04/03/2023 at 18:31, msemafor said:

Seen this topic. My trunk hardware is 5Q0959107P with software 0266. Anyone has done it in that module? And where to find right parameter file to my hardware?

I don't know enough or have VCP/ODIS myself but in my case the expert who helped me identified my hardware and software and searched for others cars with the interior close function that used the same hardware and simply uploaded those datasets/parameters. I don't know where you'd find the parameters other than perhaps using ODIS to search and download the OEM data.

I always did closing of the boot lid from outside of the car by pressing two times button on the remote control while holding the button after second press. If I remember correctly it was working even from 10m away.

I have just checked it from 5m away from front of the car.

Double press button on the remote and hold it after second press until it starts closing (mine is beeping too). Then you can release the button and it will close it till the end.

• 9 months later...
22 hours ago, Karlc28 said:

On my MY17 I cannot close the boot with my remote would that need changed in vcp or vcds as well

Make sure you’re no more than 2 meters from the rear of the car. Press and hold the tailgate button on the remote and release it when it begins to close.