Census 2021

shyVRS245

Anyone received their letter and gone to the official Government website and answered all the 4 sections and what seems like at least 100 questions. Must have taken us almost 1 hour. What an absolute ball ache. Surely just saying there are 2 adults living at our address would be sufficient. Reminded me of George Orwell's classic novel "1984".

Edited by john999boy
Title

I got one. Filled it in for myself and my partner. She would never have the patience to fill in her bit. It seemed like they wanted to know my inside leg measurement and well as the size of my willy as well.  Intrusive on our lives or what!!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, roaddetective said:

I got one. Filled it in for myself and my partner. She would never have the patience to fill in her bit. It seemed like they wanted to know my inside leg measurement and well as the size of my willy as well.  Intrusive on our lives or what!!

Funny you said that because I said to my wife I was surprised they didn't ask for my inside leg measurement. :tongueout:

• Like 1

Just had a card in the post which said the census is coming soon.

On reading the card it didn't seem to offer any option except going online, which is no good for my 90 year old uncle as he doesn't have a smartphone or broadband - but to get a paper form sent you have to go online! So if you're not online you have to go online to get a paper form - which ***** didn't think that's daft?

So I've gone online and ordered a paper copy to be sent to my uncle.

25 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Just had a card in the post which said the census is coming soon.

On reading the card it didn't seem to offer any option except going online, which is no good for my 90 year old uncle as he doesn't have a smartphone or broadband - but to get a paper form sent you have to go online! So if you're not online you have to go online to get a paper form - which ***** didn't think that's daft?

So I've gone online and ordered a paper copy to be sent to my uncle.

My parents also don't have any broadband and my Dad hasn't got the patience to fill it in on his phone so seems a bit daft for the older generations unless they are internet savvy.

• john999boy changed the title to Census 2021
36 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Thanks John despite being a FreedomLite member I can't seem to edit anything I post (scratches bald head) :thumbup:

Titles can be altered in the first post only and any subsequent post editing by clicking on the three dots which are in the upper right corner of each post.

I had a card through the post that says that census day is Sunday 21st March, so can you complete the form before then? Normally the information is taken on one day only.  

Anybody who has done any family history searches will realise how important this information can become to future generations 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, moley said:

I had a card through the post that says that census day is Sunday 21st March, so can you complete the form before then? Normally the information is taken on one day only.  

Filled out online today at lunchtime. They do ask if you are expecting any visitors on Census day during Lockdown?

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Reminded me of George Orwell's classic novel "1984".

Don't tell me, the form was full of newspeak, you were drinking oily gin and the big TV was watching you! :rofl:

4 minutes ago, moley said:

Is it not a legal requirement to complete the census?

https://census.gov.uk/about-the-census/why-you-should-take-part

"You must complete the census by law It is an offence to supply false information or to not complete the census, and you could be fined up to £1,000. Some questions are clearly labelled as voluntary. It is not an offence if you do not answer these."

I am glad you asked, becuase I had forgotten it was compulsory. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StevesTruck said:

Received it and chucked it straight in the bin. I'm doing my bit for the economy keeping a census officer working. 

Hope you were joking because you can be fined upto £1,000 for not completing it or giving false information.

I know this, I also know a few people who are training as census officers. They don't fine you straight away, they just knock on the door a few times and ask you to fill out in.

Support your local quasi-self employed agency worker who's been getting screwed for the last year by making sure they've got a decent amount of work to do. 

• Like 1

So I no longer live in the UK. I've obviously not officially de-registered myself from the UK or anything and still have a property there and pay tax etc.

Will I face any issues when they attempt to send a card etc to me?

Do I need to get in touch or anything?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Even then, I will be a bisexual Jedi because:-

1. This is none of the government's business.
  2. The function of the census is not helping future generations construct family trees.

Wasn't there a campaign on either 2001 or 2011, to get Jedi an Official religion?

Edited by Jim H

1 hour ago, Jim H said:

Wasn't there a campaign on either 2001 or 2011, to get Jedi an Official religion?

Yes in the 2011 census. I declared myself a Jedi.

@Phil-EI wondered the same myself but after some considerable amount of time thinking about it* I thought 'stuff 'em' :D 

As to the OP's statement "
Reminded me of George Orwell's classic novel '1984'" I'd say read it properly but it seems he's departed.

*0.68 seconds ;) 

• 1 year later...

Those in England / Wales and now in Scotland could have the help with the cost of living help announced by the Chancellor this week if they were to have a FPN served on them for not having completed the census. 

Little point in being able to prosecute or fine people and then not actually doing it if they are caught bang to rights.  They know the address, they know who will be getting credit on their energy accounts or into their bank accounts later this year.

1 in 10 homes, or that would be those responsible in Scotland have supposedly not completed theirs, but they have to the end of May to do so. 

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61614733