Anyone actually happy with their MK4? 😂

Had my VRS estate a week now and loving it, still getting used to the infotainment etc and a manual gearbox again.  I've not had any issues with the software or assistance systems, fingers crossed that continues as I've not done a lot of miles yet.  I came from a 2019 Audi A4 Black Edition and I was expecting a drop in quality in the cabin, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how good it is.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shelvock said:

Oh well, another topic gone to the dogs, it was nice while it lasted...

😂

You tried pal, you really did. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ 🤣

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Skodev said:

You tried pal, you really did. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ 🤣

😂😂😂

It was going so well, but jjm_vrs has turned it around 🦾

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jjm_vrs said:

Had my VRS estate a week now and loving it, still getting used to the infotainment etc and a manual gearbox again.  I've not had any issues with the software or assistance systems, fingers crossed that continues as I've not done a lot of miles yet.  I came from a 2019 Audi A4 Black Edition and I was expecting a drop in quality in the cabin, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how good it is.   

How are you finding road and wind noise between the two? I've been in B9 A4s and they seem a lot more hushed inside than my MK3, even the 2.0 TDI was pretty quiet. Not driven a MK4 yet to compare.

Edited by ahenners

35 minutes ago, ahenners said:

How are you finding road and wind noise between the two? I've been in B9 A4s and they seem a lot more hushed inside than my MK3, even the 2.0 TDI was pretty quiet. Not driven a MK4 yet to compare.

Bit more noise than the A4 but not a lot. I've not had the octavia on a motorway run yet so can't comment on that. A4 was very quiet so I wouldn't say the mk4 is noisy by any stretch. The music and sound actuator drowns out any road noise 😂

• Like 1

On 11/03/2021 at 09:52, threadbear said:

All these technical woes with Mk4s certainly seem to be concerning. Since the announcement of the New Octavia, I have always considered the Mk4 my next car.

However reading all the threads regarding glitches with, overly complicated tech, I feel that keeping hold of my reliable 4 and half year old Octavia 3 might be a better course of action, for the time being. 

Could not have put it better myself, totally agree. Was thinking of changing last year just as Covid caused a lockdown. Been trawling YouTube reviews ever since, Lots of cars, quite fancy a Tesla Estate but they don't make one! Or an A4 Avant or 3/5 Series or similar but the Octy 3 Elegance Estate with ACC, RVC and Park Assist is a hard car to beat, Economical, £30 road tax, etc, if I could swop the beam for IRS and add some more sound deadening to cancel out the tyre noise it would be nearly perfect.

• Like 1

I've just discovered that I'm only in year two, not year 3 of my PCP, so it's going to be another year at least before I change, which considering the amount of woes and problems that first adopters are having may well be a good thing as it will give Skoda time to get their soft(firm)ware right.

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

On 26/03/2021 at 13:37, TheWanderer said:

I've just discovered that I'm only in year two, not year 3 of my PCP, so it's going to be another year at least before I change, which considering the amount of woes and problems that first adopters are having may well be a good thing as it will give Skoda time to get their soft(firm)ware right.

I think timing wise we are in the same position. I'm just into my 3rd year and keeping an eye on all this. I wouldnt have went for a brand new model on release due to previous experience but my nearest usable dealer is a 140 mile trip away and I dont have the time or the heart to make that trip every time the software decides to **** itself. Another 6 or 8 months for me and I'll think again if I don't just go electric that is 🤣

Hi Lads,

My Skoda Connect app for the phone is down has anyone else same issue?? My car has disappeared from the app and wont connect with the VIN number 

19 minutes ago, barts2 said:

Hi Lads,

My Skoda Connect app for the phone is down has anyone else same issue?? My car has disappeared from the app and wont connect with the VIN number 

Just checked mine - all OK

The other day I had an update to the app (IOS) and it wouldn’t go past the Skoda logo screen. Restarted the phone and all is OK.

Hi Lads,

cheers i will try that

Another thought, if restarting the phone doesn’t work..

Log on to the web version Skoda connect portal. If the car is there, then maybe try removing the phone app and reinstalling it.

• 5 months later...

Bought my first ever car in Singapore where cars are mad expensive, and it's a Skoda Octavia Mk4, 1.5 TSI e-TEC Mild hybrid, basic trim. June 2021 production batch I reckon, I Bought it in July 2021.

Doesn't come with lane assist etc since it's the basic, and has an 8-inch Swing infotainment system.

Verdict is that I absolutely love it. No issues since and have covered about 1000km so far. Only annoyance is that it doesn't save the eco driving mode, so I have to change it up everything I start up the car.

Nope. Hate it. Fortunately the lease company have upheld my complaint and it’s being collected 2 weeks today and I’ll be shut of it. On top of all the other issues, tonight it has developed the popping noise and then activated the sos emergency system. Then as soon as I dropped someone off in the centre of Manchester (which I’m unfamiliar with) CarPlay and Satnav packed in, seemingly triggered by someone getting out of the back door, leaving me with no clue where I was going. Anyway I’ve ordered a new car, definitely not from VAG. The only positive was how helpful VWFS have been in the last couple of weeks. I feel sorry for the poor person who is going to buy this car used.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has been collected this morning, no doubt will be on a forecourt in about a week. More new issues over last couple of weeks including two activations of emergency braking for no reason at all, and a complete failure of the instrument panel (not the infotainment screen) and a red EML. BMW 128ti ordered as replacement.

3 hours ago, OctaviaMK4 said:

The car suffers from electronic issues, nothing mechanical that I can report.

Rides good, fuel economy is great.

I am happy with the car but those electronic issues - man, they get on my nerves.

I think you've summed up my car too!  Great economy, basic ride is comfortable, it's just the distractions/annoyances from the digital systems.  Hoping by the time it's due to change not every Skoda has this level of integration but I'm not holding out much hope...perhaps going for a bottom range model would work best from that front?

Been through a couple of software update visits to the dealers so far and the first visit ADDED some faults that still haven't been sorted by the second!  Mind you, lane assist seems much better and I even got wireless Android Auto to function!!

Extremely happy! 101mpg over the last 600 miles, almost everything works properly, no recent glitches. The only remaining problem is the inability to connect the car to MySkoda or Skoda Connect. The dealer is having another attempt tomorrow to connect the car, but if not then it's such a great car that I would not reject it.

Now I am happy, last software update went with few hiccups but now when reinstalled - its just perfect. Screen is fast, no random sensor alerts so far.. Enjoying my car now :)

• Like 2

We've had our new Octavia for 4 months and the gearbox has got to be replaced. We've had new and second-hand Skodas for over 10 years.  Is this bad luck or is anyone else having reliability issues? Customer service hasn't been impressive to top it all.

4 hours ago, TheWickingMan said:

We've had our new Octavia for 4 months and the gearbox has got to be replaced. We've had new and second-hand Skodas for over 10 years.  Is this bad luck or is anyone else having reliability issues? Customer service hasn't been impressive to top it all.

Can you give us some details, mileage, engine, gerabox type etc. Have you had any issues with the warranty?

9 minutes ago, buzcro said:

Can you give us some details, mileage, engine, gerabox type etc. Have you had any issues with the warranty?

Manual gearbox, 1.5 petrol, Octavia Estate. As it's only 4 months old, mileage is c.2000. Car at dealership today. I understand Skoda have approved replacement gearbox. Still waiting to hear about a courtesy replacement car.

Bizarrely, we were sent a video of the technician's inspection saying all was fine with tyre pressures, tread and brake pads. Not surprising really.

When we followed up with a bemused phone call they told us the gearbox needed replacing. We'd guessed this already from the noises it was making.

Very disappointed with dealership and Skoda. Listening to what the issue was and saying sorry, this shouldn't happen wouldn't have gone amiss.

Dealer more interested in telling us it was £60 for a diagnostic check. Skoda giving us a list of other dealers in the UK we could choose from.

11 hours ago, TheWickingMan said:

When we followed up with a bemused phone call they told us the gearbox needed replacing. We'd guessed this already from the noises it was making.

Can i ask what kind of noises was the gearbox making?

31 minutes ago, Skodamias said:

Can i ask what kind of noises was the gearbox making?

Whirring sound on front passenger side that changed on changing gear. Also gear change seemed stiff for a new car. All in all not the Skoda experience I've had for many years.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

After needing a new gearbox after 4 months from new, our Mk4 now has a rear view mirror that has become disconnected and just waves about. Gearbox done under warranty after hassle. Rear view mirror replacement so far refused under warranty as "either the windscreen has been replaced or the car has had an impact", according to main dealer. Neither applies.

I'm in discussions with Skoda UK Customer Service. Anyone have suggestions.

Sadly feels like this will be our last Skoda.

• Like 1