Sasha’s Superb SportLine Plus Facelift

One thing I noticed that’s different from mine is the blind spot detection has been incorporated into the mirror body (instead of the glass) which makes for a more easily noticeable signal.

Enjoy your new car and I’m looking forward to seeing all the inevitable mods which will happen. :thumbup:

7 hours ago, john999boy said:

One thing I noticed that’s different from mine is the blind spot detection has been incorporated into the mirror body (instead of the glass) which makes for a more easily noticeable signal.

Enjoy your new car and I’m looking forward to seeing all the inevitable mods which will happen. :thumbup:

Yeah it has, I wasn’t sure about this to start with and I do have an older pair of mirror glasses to test if I prefer it in the glass but I don’t think I’ll bother as it was nice and easy to see in the new position.

44 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Yeah it has, I wasn’t sure about this to start with and I do have an older pair of mirror glasses to test if I prefer it in the glass but I don’t think I’ll bother as it was nice and easy to see in the new position.

Mine has it on the tip of the mirror as well. I find it works well and doesn’t distract me at night as much as the light in the mirror glass used to do. 
New motor looks really well. Enjoy!!

14 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Collection day has finally come around and I’m super stoked to be a Superb owner at last! I only grabbed a couple of pics as I was hoping it would be light and dry when I got home to take more but it was neither. Here it is on the forecourt 

17CFB467-6BAC-46E9-AA8D-863FED0E09CB.thumb.jpeg.d1b040a7cf20218baf404d6cc9780dbe.jpeg

43B5C2DF-4CB2-4A6A-BDB7-0F33D25BAEA5.thumb.jpeg.bd0d37bb0afe8342dd416f4dd42e3a14.jpeg

It’s a MY2020 Facelift Superb SportLine Plus 2.0 TDI 190 DSG with the following options

Exclusive Dragon Green paint

Supernova wheels

Virtual Pedal

Reverse cam with washer

Spare wheel

Virtual Cockpit

All of which put the list price at pennies under £40,000 which is nuts considering what I paid and the paltry 6560 miles it had when I collected it this morning. The 260 mile trip home was fabulous and I look forward to a much quieter build thread compared to my Octy as it has so much spec there is little to do, but I’ll be sorting a few things for sure! Badges are a start and some cool lighting mods too. More soon :)

Congrats Sasha. That’s a beautiful car.

On 15/03/2021 at 11:49, ahenners said:

Love it! Looks great. Look forward to future updates on this one B)

Thanks, but unlike the Octy thread there won’t be many changes, certainly not for a while. Partly because it’s new to me, partly because it’s a nearly new car anyway but mostly because it has almost every option I want already fitted.

On 15/03/2021 at 13:04, SmokinJoeFrazier said:

Congrats Sasha. That’s a beautiful car.

4 hours ago, mdk1 said:

Car looks lovely Sasha B)

Still super stoked to have found it tbf.

• Like 1

Lovely motor Sasha, enjoy. I looked at a dragon green superb in the showroom back when I was searching for my Octavia estate, it was way out of my budget back then, but sadly I couldn't justify one now as I'm WFH and I have only been in to the office for less than 2 weeks in the last 12 months 👍

Congrats! Welcome in the Superb Mk3 tribe! ;)

Is it me or the window protecting the VC is already 'microscratched'? Same impression on some 'carbon' parts from the center console...

How can journalists specialized in the automotive industry treat a car like that in only 6500 miles! I'm flabbergasted... :blink:

Anyway, almost no doubt you'll make a fine detailing to put everything in order to have it 'like new'!

All the best with it! :thumbup: ;) 

By comparison, how is the sound proofing in a superb? I couldn't believe the complete lack of it in the octavia. Will be a future consideration of mine if it is any good.

12 hours ago, Stonker said:

Lovely motor Sasha, enjoy. I looked at a dragon green superb in the showroom back when I was searching for my Octavia estate, it was way out of my budget back then, but sadly I couldn't justify one now as I'm WFH and I have only been in to the office for less than 2 weeks in the last 12 months 👍

Thanks! That’s a shame, I might be sent home soon but even if I am I’m still glad I have the car. It’s a massive indulgence but to our bitter cost as a family we learned that tomorrow isn’t a promise a week before Christmas and thus I wasn’t going to miss another one and even if I just stare at it and know the keys are in my hall that’ll do me.

11 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Congrats! Welcome in the Superb Mk3 tribe! ;)

Is it me or the window protecting the VC is already 'microscratched'? Same impression on some 'carbon' parts from the center console...

How can journalists specialized in the automotive industry treat a car like that in only 6500 miles! I'm flabbergasted... :blink:

Anyway, almost no doubt you'll make a fine detailing to put everything in order to have it 'like new'!

All the best with it! :thumbup: ;) 

The car is like new all over, in person it’s perfect, there literally isn’t a mark on it anywhere, inside or out. I suspect the prep for that review wasn’t as well done as it could have been as Marshall’s presented the car to me exactly as a new car should be presented, never mind a year old one.

24 minutes ago, Powerred said:

By comparison, how is the sound proofing in a superb? I couldn't believe the complete lack of it in the octavia. Will be a future consideration of mine if it is any good.

It’s much better than the Octy! The Diesel engine is still a bit gruff when it’s working but starting up and at idle it’s much more refined. I know from fitting cameras to these cars how much more sound deadening is in them vs the Octy and its a huge improvement.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

The car is like new all over, in person it’s perfect, there literally isn’t a mark on it anywhere, inside or out. I suspect the prep for that review wasn’t as well done as it could have been as Marshall’s presented the car to me exactly as a new car should be presented, never mind a year old one.

Then, it's all good! Lucky you! ;) 

• Like 1

Enjoy it, we are on our second S3.  Last one did 63k in 3 years but this one may not even get run in . . . only been in to the office 3 times in the last year and only put diesel in it 3 times since getting it in September.

Wife fell in love with the dragon green car they had in the showroom when we were looking four years ago but doesn't like side bolsters on seats so that ruled out a sportline - ended up with the more conservative petrol blue SEL.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2021 at 20:00, SashaGrace said:

it has almost every option I want already fitted.

You mean you don't want the matching Alu footrest for £20?...

£20.37  14%OFF | STYO Car footrest pedalsl Cover FOR RHD  Golf 7 MK7 Seat mk3 AUDII A3 8V S3 2014 -2018
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mL0nWaX

• Like 1

Congratulations, what a great looking car. I have to wait until June to get mine, urgh!

Really like the wheels. There's much discussion about larger wheels giving a less comfortable ride. Has that been your experience?

1 hour ago, Cardog said:

There's much discussion about larger wheels giving a less comfortable ride. Has that been your experience?

I have 19’´ summer wheels and 17’´ winter wheels, there isn’t much difference between both sizes (to me at least).

The tyres may be main contributor to comfort downgrading or upgrading.

It’s strongly depending on side walls stiffness.

Edited by Bap33

8 hours ago, Cardog said:

Congratulations, what a great looking car. I have to wait until June to get mine, urgh!

Really like the wheels. There's much discussion about larger wheels giving a less comfortable ride. Has that been your experience?

I do find the 19's quite harsh in the sportline.. so much so that I got skoda to check the shocks for transport stops being left in.. 

My Octy had 19’s as well and I’ve never been in a Superb that doesn’t have 19’s, I’m very happy with them and the ride is a huge step up from my lowered Octy. I’m not bothered about the nth degree of ride quality and I will sacrifice it for style, I don’t find the Superb hard, quite the opposite in fact so I’d imagine 17’s would be very comfy indeed but I’m happy with the 19’s.