Software

19 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

So with all these continuing issues and no real end in sight. I have a VWFS lease and  as of yesterday complained and told them of my many woes and that they were not unique to me or the car. I said on the call that if i had even just one of these faults with say a new TV ( software) i would return the set to the store immediately. I told them that i have had the car at the dealers 8 times in the 9 months of lease and i believed i had been more than patient waiting for a successful outcome.

VWFS said , what be a successful outcome for you.

So i asked for a full refund of all 9 monthly payments emphasising that consumers are not the beta software testers for the goods they sell and in fact the car fails the sales of goods act on the point of fit for purpose.

I also asked for an extended warranty should the car get fixed. Finally saying if it cannot be fixed at the next dealer visit then it needs to be full rejection. I really dont want this as i love the mechanics and drive of the car and the attention from other car fans.

I await their call and the next steps. If i get to the point of rejection its onwards to full electric and for me that's sad as the VRS was to be my last petrol indulgence knowing that electric was the next car. 

You think EVs are free of problems? They'll laugh at your refund request.

1 hour ago, matrix2020 said:

Sadly having just got my car back the locag garage thinks the ACC fault is 'normal' behaviour and how its meant to work, staggering the lack of knowledge or staggering they think they can fob customers off with such dangerous rubbish. Latest software, latest MIB and still the ACC has issues 50% of the time. Its frustrating it will be fine for two wekks then half way through a journey it flips and thins it should be driving on the other side of the road!

Put yourself in their position. Skoda produce this ****e but the dealers are bound by their rules and have huge investments at stake. Not fair for you or them. I don't use ACC any more and that's fine because I leave it switched off. What I find dangerous is the aggressive lane keep assist that I have to turn off each time I start the car.

• Love it! 1

4 hours ago, byteme said:

Put yourself in their position. Skoda produce this ****e but the dealers are bound by their rules and have huge investments at stake. Not fair for you or them. I don't use ACC any more and that's fine because I leave it switched off. What I find dangerous is the aggressive lane keep assist that I have to turn off each time I start the car.

I agree, but sadly the dealer are in complete denial! They never at any point asked why it’s an issue, they showed complete contempt. Worse is they acknowledged they had another customer with exactly the same issue that they managed to dismiss with ‘Skoda said that’s normal’. Not sure how that will work when they have an accident!

• Love it! 1

4 hours ago, byteme said:

You think EVs are free of problems? They'll laugh at your refund request.

They may well laugh but i was reaching high and not expecting to get what i want as you never really win with big companies. I will prob get an extended warranty and a box of chocs

You need to really think , why would i put up with this when i wouldn't in any other product. If my telly started to freeze screen, perform pop pop sounds etc, it would be back on Currys shop floor. 

BTW VWFS they said they would call me back in 24 hrs , 48 hrs later no call. Poor poor service from all ends

10 hours ago, byteme said:

This is a complete misunderstanding of the law, as a consumer you have rights, and they are completely separate to any commercial (business) relationship between a dealer and Skoda.

You do not have to feel sorry for a dealer because the commercial contract will have clauses regarding processes and remedies.

The consumer law is quite clear, about satisfactory standards, if there is a fault or something doesn’t work properly, the dealer gets a chance to rectify (one go, not multiple attempts).  If you list 3 faults and they only fix 2 then you can reject the car.  If all the faults not fixed then when you go to collect can reject and not even take it home.

Upon rejection you can have instant refund (via card machine on the desk, or bank transfer etc).  No need for dealer to discuss with Skoda.  Dealer has separate contract under which they can deal with Skoda.   If they don’t like it they are able to be a dealer for different brand.  None of your concern.

The person above who has given their dealer multiple chances to fix the same problem is probably being laughed at by the dealer for letting them get away with it.

• Like 3

On 04/12/2021 at 11:50, ItalianJob said:

My local dealer called me back yesterday claiming there are NO updates available!!

I'm on 1668 still and pursuing it with Skoda UK.

I got told this time and time again but 5 weeks ago I was updated to 1806 and the device part number went from ending in B, to F. 

I've only had issues with the ACC once since then but I've now had the undertaking prevention disabled, that was the main problem.

37 minutes ago, beasty54 said:

I got told this time and time again but 5 weeks ago I was updated to 1806 and the device part number went from ending in B, to F. 

I've only had issues with the ACC once since then but I've now had the undertaking prevention disabled, that was the main problem.

The best information I've had is that Skoda are months away from any solution. 

On 04/12/2021 at 06:16, SurreyJohn said:

This is a complete misunderstanding of the law, as a consumer you have rights, and they are completely separate to any commercial (business) relationship between a dealer and Skoda.

You do not have to feel sorry for a dealer because the commercial contract will have clauses regarding processes and remedies.

The consumer law is quite clear, about satisfactory standards, if there is a fault or something doesn’t work properly, the dealer gets a chance to rectify (one go, not multiple attempts).  If you list 3 faults and they only fix 2 then you can reject the car.  If all the faults not fixed then when you go to collect can reject and not even take it home.

Upon rejection you can have instant refund (via card machine on the desk, or bank transfer etc).  No need for dealer to discuss with Skoda.  Dealer has separate contract under which they can deal with Skoda.   If they don’t like it they are able to be a dealer for different brand.  None of your concern.

The person above who has given their dealer multiple chances to fix the same problem is probably being laughed at by the dealer for letting them get away with it. 

I

On 04/12/2021 at 06:16, SurreyJohn said:

Who mentioned consumer law? That said, as you have I suggest you update your weak and uninformed knowledge of it.

Mine went in again yesterday as the SOS was playing up again and it started randomly asking for my S Pin every day. I was told there was a software recall that should fix these and they had it all day. I'm still on suffix B and 1668 after picking it up though, not really bothered as long as the problems don't arise again. Only 10 months left on the lease so fingers crossed.

15 hours ago, beasty54 said:

How did you get the undertaking prevention disabled? Thats exactly what i want to do, as I did it in my last Golf, but don't think I can change the software on this car using my reader?

23 minutes ago, matrix2020 said:

How did you get the undertaking prevention disabled? Thats exactly what i want to do, as I did it in my last Golf, but don't think I can change the software on this car using my reader?

I didn't do it myself but it's just the same as setting lane assist to "last setting" from what I understand. Lane assist can be changed using OBDeleven so I'm assuming the undertaking can too, I'm just not sure how. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

i heard today from VWFS that there is a fix to fix all and it will land by 31-03-22 

That broadly confirms what I was told (Q2 2022).  Following my replacement of the E-Call module that was supposed to fix the AAC I can confirm it hasn't but it is better.   Very bizarrely on a couple of occasions the satnav has offered my home address (which I have tried to save on a multitude of occasions) as a favourite when starting a journey which it never has done before.   I can't work out why or what I might have done to have done differently to have got that but it seems as though it is saved in there somewhere.

Is this a familiar screen?  What should I be pressing?  If I leave it, it normally disappears but if I press OK I have a feeling this is where the AAC issues appear,  I need to do something more scientific I guess

DSC_0338.JPG

Octa-Geoff - my sympathies, the software is far from intuitive. I have seen that screen and from memory I believe it came up for minor settings (electric driver’s seat position, Lane Assist etc). I can understand your reluctance to ‘save’ if you don't know which setting has changed to prompt the ‘changing settings’ screen. Assuming it IS a minor setting change, I would be inclined to select ‘Save’ just to get rid of the prompt. I have accumulated hours spent in the car working out settings. Some like MPH instead of Km/h on SatNav never ‘save’. S-PIN also - it asks me to save S-PIN but then doesn’t save my preference.

If it was me, I’d ‘Save’ but once you’ve had your fingers burned and things are relatively stable again, I can well understand your reluctance. .  

9 hours ago, Octa_Geoff said:

That broadly confirms what I was told (Q2 2022).  Following my replacement of the E-Call module that was supposed to fix the AAC I can confirm it hasn't but it is better.   Very bizarrely on a couple of occasions the satnav has offered my home address (which I have tried to save on a multitude of occasions) as a favourite when starting a journey which it never has done before.   I can't work out why or what I might have done to have done differently to have got that but it seems as though it is saved in there somewhere.

Is this a familiar screen?  What should I be pressing?  If I leave it, it normally disappears but if I press OK I have a feeling this is where the AAC issues appear,  I need to do something more scientific I guess

DSC_0338.JPG

Yes Geoff , I have that every time the car starts and it does really annoy me as sometimes i press yes and it reverts to some other settings like AC on auto temp set to 22 deg. No idea why that happens , like most of the crazy things it does

Every time a Skoda/VW etc goes in for software upgrades, the owner must meet the cost of the fuel and mileage to have the car collected and returned OR to take it in themselves which adds the customers ‘time’ to the issue. Skoda dealers may offer a courtesy car with perhaps two gallons in.  They then tell you that you must return the courtesy car with any fuel replaced. 

So there is ‘cost’  to every Skoda owner to add to the inconvenience. A senior receptionist said  to me:

’Well, we all have updates for our iPhone software - that’s just the way these days.’

I politely pointed out to her that eg Apple don’t take the phone off you for a number of days to perform the upgrades (which are optional anyway) and that as they are scheduled to happen in your home overnight there is no cost or inconvenience. 

‘Oh, I never thought of it that way ‘  was the response. 

So roll on Q2 2022 and hopefully resolution to this. 

• Like 1

I have updates set up and some updates do happen from time to time (map of the world comes fills the screen) Since I took ownership in September 2020 several software upgrades have happened under ‘warranty recall’ and have required a visit to the Service Partner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoloPaul said:

Every time a Skoda/VW etc goes in for software upgrades, the owner must meet the cost of the fuel and mileage to have the car collected and returned OR to take it in themselves which adds the customers ‘time’ to the issue. Skoda dealers may offer a courtesy car with perhaps two gallons in.  They then tell you that you must return the courtesy car with any fuel replaced. 

So there is ‘cost’  to every Skoda owner to add to the inconvenience. A senior receptionist said  to me:

’Well, we all have updates for our iPhone software - that’s just the way these days.’

I politely pointed out to her that eg Apple don’t take the phone off you for a number of days to perform the upgrades (which are optional anyway) and that as they are scheduled to happen in your home overnight there is no cost or inconvenience. 

‘Oh, I never thought of it that way ‘  was the response. 

So roll on Q2 2022 and hopefully resolution to this. 

I agree.

I had a similar argument with a service advisor last week who advised I would be charged to have a courtesy car despite this being the third time the car is in for software issues. Like I explained to her, if I was taking my car for a service then fair enough as I am choosing to get my car serviced there but for repeated software issues on a brand new car that I have on PCP I think is unacceptable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReddogVRSIV said:

just had this pop up 

657E5EB8-A659-4FE8-85E6-7D4E4DE42FAF.thumb.jpeg.17e0bc7ed0f989d2f5d99ebd076c01ee.jpeg

I've had this this morning but not sure if it will update automatically or is there something we need to do? 

I think I would raise that issue with Skoda.Service and have then clarify that point with the dealer. Dealers must be frustrated but that doesn’t invalidate your three year warranty. You have the added cover of your PCP contract. I would expect Dealers  to agree to a ‘courtesy’ car (so called for a reason!) if you pick a slot sufficiently in advance that they have one available and can book it out to you. 

I had a servicing voucher from Skoda for the inconvenience whilst they were fixing the car, as well a significant amount from VWFS Finance after I withdrew my intention to reject the car. Whenever the car was collected I asked the dealer to recharge the battery. Throughout the period of dispute I was firm but polite and established a good rapport with the Skoda UK contact. I've had no problem getting a loan car and on both occasions I was lent an estate so that we could take our dog out with us.