What saddened you today?

Breezy_Pete

• 2 weeks later...

There is an out break of Scabies in the Nursing Home that my mum is in for Respite care since getting out of hospital having broken an arm at Easter time.

There was a Fete / Gala day at the weekend so there will be many that are going to maybe be worried about this as they find out today or this week that have been at that.

I had no idea about Scabies and what and how and what to do now and watch for a you might need to do.

After using Doctor Google i am a bit wiser. 

Scary stuff and a fingers crossed situation for many. 

• Sad 9

@skomaz  Thanks. Yeah he was damned lucky there. Spoken to my sister today and he's out of hospital now. Five stitches in his head and a couple of butterfly stitches on his arm where there was another cut. Plus the inevitable bruising 😞 The daft old sod really needs more care than my sister can give him but he's too damned proud  to accept or admit it. I think he and I will be having words soon.

• Like 1

OMG, I remember the inimitable TSC 😢

Very sad to hear - RIP Parz

Gaz

Edited by Gaz

• 2 weeks later...

being at a funeral on Monday for my brother in law's ex girlfriend's sister.

sounds like a stretch, but their families are still very close.

due to complication during labour she was left with physical and mental disabilities. was diagnosed with cancer 18months ago. her parents have had 46 yrs of dealing with so much constant difficulties to then be compounded with her treatment etc. 

all her friends from her work groups were guests of honour at the funeral with their carers. it just seemed so much more heartbreaking than a "regular" funeral 😪

• Sad 8

• 2 weeks later...

Bit sad as Mrs Gaz's Dad cashed in his ticket and departed this mortal coil last Friday.  Then the person we couldn't visit when the grandkids had chicken pox also cashed her ticket in, and Mrs Gaz's Dad's cricketing mate, then another family member of the person we couldn't visit.  Four people, friends or family, gone in three days :sad:

Mrs Gaz was out with friends this morning, which was a welcome break from making arrangements.  So I toddled out on my bike for 18 miles or so.  Got back, had a snack, and found myself wondering when the hell normal sized Mars bars became thumb sized 🙄

IMG_7356.thumb.jpeg.c92e832b5a3126b3332cd7e43eb3147a.jpeg

They're also skinnier than I remember - 'tis a scandal!!

Gaz

• Sad 10

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Bit sad as Mrs Gaz's Dad cashed in his ticket and departed this mortal coil last Friday.  Then the person we couldn't visit when the grandkids had chicken pox also cashed her ticket in, and Mrs Gaz's Dad's cricketing mate, then another family member of the person we couldn't visit.  Four people, friends or family, gone in three days :sad:

Blimey - that's a rough few days!!  Lots of sympathy heading in yours and Mrs Gaz's direction...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gaz said:

Mrs Gaz was out with friends this morning, which was a welcome break from making arrangements.  So I toddled out on my bike for 18 miles or so.  Got back, had a snack, and found myself wondering when the hell normal sized Mars bars became thumb sized 🙄

IMG_7356.thumb.jpeg.c92e832b5a3126b3332cd7e43eb3147a.jpeg

They're also skinnier than I remember - 'tis a scandal!!

Gaz

A tough few days Gaz; sincerest condolences to you and Mrs Gaz.

• Thanks 1

A granite composite sink that we had fitted two weeks ago has developed a crack right through the '0.5' rinsing sink bit. :sadsmile:

I'm going to have to have a go at repairing it, I think, but it's taken the shine off the joy of having finally replaced the nasty little shallow round stainless thing that was there before.

Warranty replacement would be nice, but I suspect the rather 'off-piste' installation would have them saying no way, Jose.

It's supposed to sit into a 600mm cupboard  but no room for such a thing here.

The real wood worktop turned out to have bowed at one end too.

16911633440485735636999186596825.jpg

16911633728608597001365871932192.jpg

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

A granite composite sink that we had fitted two weeks ago has developed a crack right through the '0.5' rinsing sink bit. :sadsmile:

I'm going to have to have a go at repairing it, I think, but it's taken the shine off the joy of having finally replaced the nasty little shallow round stainless thing that was there before.

Warranty replacement would be nice, but I suspect the rather 'off-piste' installation would have them saying no way, Jose.

It's supposed to sit into a 600mm cupboard  but no room for such a thing here.

The real wood worktop turned out to have bowed at one end too.

16911633440485735636999186596825.jpg

16911633728608597001365871932192.jpg

That looks like it could well come back to bite you in the bum. I think I'd be inclined to try and get a replacement. If just bow in the worktop can do that, imagine what a load of water is going to do to that crack? 

• Like 2

That bit of the sink usually just has a trickle of rinsing water going down an open plughole, the way we use it, so it probably doesn't even need a repair unless it opens up wider (which it seems likely to). 

The missus isn't admitting to any dropping of anything into it, but I think with the extra stress of the install, it maybe just took a bunch of boiling water drained out of a pan or something, dunno?

The installation was done by a friend, who possibly should have said 'no it can't be done', rather than 'let's make it happen'.  🙁

I've started a thread about it here, any further replies in there, please: Repairing a granite composite sink?? - Off Topic Chat - BRISKODA

Edited by Breezy_Pete
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Best mate's Mum was taken into hospital on Tuesday after being found unconscious at home by her husband. Led to believe it was something similar to an aneurysm.

Been told there's nothing the doctors can do now and have been taking her off the life support stuff. Credit to them, they did try everything they could.

Not good.

• Sad 8

28 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Best mate's Mum was taken into hospital on Tuesday after being found unconscious at home by her husband. Led to believe it was something similar to an aneurysm.

Been told there's nothing the doctors can do now and have been taking her off the life support stuff. Credit to them, they did try everything they could.

Not good.

Puts mine into perspective...   Two of the guys I work with who are good solid hard workers with lots of workload and who get the job done and are at a similar level and grade to me have been identified for potential redundancy whilst others who aren't all of those things and don't have workload haven't.   It sounds a bit like a stitch up. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Puts mine into perspective...   Two of the guys I work with who are good solid hard workers with lots of workload and who get the job done and are at a similar level and grade to me have been identified for potential redundancy whilst others who aren't all of those things and don't have workload haven't.   It sounds a bit like a stitch up. 

Are the others who haven't been selected "Yes men" by any chance, because that's always been my experience in life, its the boot lickers who get all the good cracks where the good guys, the workers, the loyal ones who always turn up and work hard are the ones who suffer.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

1 hour ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Not good.

Awww man. So sorry for your mates loss. No doubt a loss to yourself as well in some way. 

Condolences, Ryan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Yes it does. 

How about showing a little sympathy for Ryan who's best mate's lost his mum and, if she was anything like my best mate's mum, was like a second mother to me.

Perhaps a separate post would have been a better idea?

Why are they under consideration to be let go precisely and what do they do/ work for? 

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1
  • Groan 2

10 hours ago, Graham Butcher said:

Are the others who haven't been selected "Yes men" by any chance, because that's always been my experience in life, its the boot lickers who get all the good cracks where the good guys, the workers, the loyal ones who always turn up and work hard are the ones who suffer.

That's about it... 

Ps I'm definitely not one of those former ones you describe...   In fact I'm the exact opposite 🤣

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, @Lee said:

Yes it does. 

How about showing a little sympathy for Ryan who's best mate's lost his mum and, if she was anything like my best mate's mum, was like a second mother to me.

Perhaps a separate post would have been a better idea?

Why are they under consideration to be let go precisely and what do they do/ work for? 

The sad emoji I reacted in the same way as others and noting it was much worse and sadder than my sadness of the day not enough then?  Why pick on me and not others who only reacted? 

Sheesh...   You are an argumentative thing at times...   That's why you wind people up and end up in heated discussions with many people of your own making.

As for your queries I'll not bother answering out of respect for others who have posted.  Have a nice day! 

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 3
  • Groan 1

24 minutes ago, skomaz said:

That's about it... 

Ps I'm definitely not one of those former ones you describe...   In fact I'm the exact opposite 🤣

As was I, but at the end of the day, don't lose sight of the fact that Bull**** beats brains and management get fed enough of it, you could be next out the door, I know from personal experience.