New alloy wheels, need your help.

Hi all, Merry Christmas!

I am going to change my wheels and tyres early next year. Currently I'm planning to buy a set of Fk510 or Pilot Sport 4, depands on any discount offer I can find that time, size in 245/40/R19.

But I'm stuck at the which wheels should I buy now. I'm shortlisted Niche Misano M116/M117 and Koya SF10.

Niche M116 and M117 shared the same design, but M116 is matte gunmetal, M117 is matte black. They are 1-piece casting wheels, weight is 11.8KG per corner (19*8.5 et34). Price is about 360 AUD per corner (230 EUR).

Koya is an Australian local alloy wheel brand, it produces flow forged and 1-piece forged wheels. Flow forged wheel priced at $540 per corner (345 EUR), weight sould be less than 9kg. All the Koya wheels are fully customized, currently I'm planning to get a set sized in 19*8.5 et35, colored in Satin black. 

Personally I don't like gloss black wheels, but I'm ok with matte or satin black. I do like gunmetal wheels a lot, but I also feel black wheels suit all the black trims on my car more, and black wheels make red brake caliper pop-out a lot (my brake caliper was painted into red).  But there is a problem for any matte or satin black wheels, it is our car's front brake pad. The front brake pad produces so much dust! However it is not a problem for the gunmetal wheels. Gunmetal wheels covered by brake dust, are still gunmetal🤪 

I photoshoped all three wheels on my car, please let know which do you think looks the best! 

Niche Misano M116 (up one) and M117 (bottom)

M116.thumb.jpg.368a4080963e62b776238340b255b205.jpg

M117.thumb.jpg.eca4d7f0be33b65cd92ee88252ab980b.jpg

Koya SF10, satin black, design similar to HRE P101.

SF10.thumb.jpg.b685c6b78c6eb6967e2d03a7fc636d13.jpg

Koya's color list:

1561643300__20211223205434.thumb.jpg.443a3d1fe28ec19be27339ec3f8cab23.jpg

Personally I hate black wheels as they just look like old steelies missing trims or as if you've never cleaned the car.

The gunmetal therefore look better to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarioVrs said:

I really like the gunmetal grey on first pic but both black look great too and compliment the red/black car 👌

+1 for the gunmetal

Leftfield opinion incoming:

Gunmetal or at least an other dark grey is great - the problem with black in my mind is you lose a lot of the detail unless you're really looking at the wheel.

The curve in the Koya SF10s also looks a bit more soft/rounded. The Niche look more angular and I think this suits the car's styling more.

The Koya Super Rootbeer pic looks suitably angular though (hopefully its not the SF10 and I've just got **** eyes). And while I like rootbeer, it looks more suited to a blue Imprezza. 

So: the wheel in the Super Rootbeer pic but in a Gunmetal or maybe Black Chrome.

1 hour ago, travs said:

Leftfield opinion incoming:

Gunmetal or at least an other dark grey is great - the problem with black in my mind is you lose a lot of the detail unless you're really looking at the wheel.

The curve in the Koya SF10s also looks a bit more soft/rounded. The Niche look more angular and I think this suits the car's styling more.

The Koya Super Rootbeer pic looks suitably angular though (hopefully its not the SF10 and I've just got **** eyes). And while I like rootbeer, it looks more suited to a blue Imprezza. 

So: the wheel in the Super Rootbeer pic but in a Gunmetal or maybe Black Chrome.

Actually the one in Super Rootbeer is SF10 too, but wider and with more aggressive offset.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, FTTNope said:

I'd go with the Koyas.

I pulled the trigger towards a set of Koya SF10 in satin gunmetal last night. 

Matte black is sweet, but any curb or scratch will be super obviously. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, elfensin said:

I pulled the trigger towards a set of Koya SF10 in satin gunmetal last night. 

Matte black is sweet, but any curb or scratch will be super obviously. 

Having had matte black wheels before, I wouldn't do it again. Barely looks clean, even when clean. That said, kerbing/scratches can be hidden with a permanent marker ;)

• Haha 1