At long last... SW Version 1896

Just realised my temperature Synch is now fixed, it Synchs the left hand side to the right! It forgets every time I switch the car off, but its a start! It even works through voice command.. 'Synch temperature' or something like that. 

• Like 1

Just got my car back after the software update. 2088 I think it is. My dashboard shows the vrs digital dash now but it’s a 1.5 TSI . The normal dials have disappeared. Anyone else had this happen?

18 minutes ago, JFJ said:

Just got my car back after the software update. 2088 I think it is. My dashboard shows the vrs digital dash now but it’s a 1.5 TSI . The normal dials have disappeared. Anyone else had this happen?

You may wish to check in the menu's for version information, 2088 is not a version I know of.

7 minutes ago, JFJ said:

Hardware H56, software 1806, display hardware control panel H44, software control panel 2088. 

Ah so still a work in progress towards 1896 then.  At least the panel version was right.

Kinda weird they did a software update, was it for the MMI?  I can only assume it was for ECU or another module.

So in effect they have done nothing then. I had to wait over a month to book it in. I hope the sos has been resolved. My dashboard display is stuck on the vrs version which I am not happy about. Going out on a journey tomorrow so we will see if it try’s to dial sos.

4 minutes ago, JFJ said:

So in effect they have done nothing then. I had to wait over a month to book it in. I hope the sos has been resolved. My dashboard display is stuck on the vrs version which I am not happy about. Going out on a journey tomorrow so we will see if it try’s to dial sos.

They may have updated the OCU unit, this is store for user profile and esim.

It's not clear what they did, but they didn't apply SW1896 that's clear.

Hi Varoom thanks for your input. I notice in a different thread that updates can be downloaded via sim but the correct security settings etc have to be in place. Can you tell me how to configure this please? I have contacted my dealer to see what exactly they did to my car yesterday.

2 minutes ago, JFJ said:

Hi Varoom thanks for your input. I notice in a different thread that updates can be downloaded via sim but the correct security settings etc have to be in place. Can you tell me how to configure this please? I have contacted my dealer to see what exactly they did to my car yesterday.

Sadly I don't have this in my basic Octavia, so not fully sure of exact steps only the overall of what settings need to be.

With luck someone who has gotten the update OTA will be able to respond to your question.

i read the software updates people are getting.can anyone help me.i have been told on here my software/hardware are correct but are they?  hardware h58---software 1889----display unit/control panel hardware h47---display unit/contro; panel software 2103----navigation database 21.2-----media code 3.1.4.i contacted skoda 12 days ago and they said there could be a problem and they would get back to me and guess what not a word since.my screen keeps going blank and at times other things come onto screen and have to switch car off and turn it off and all is fine. any advice please.

4 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

i read the software updates people are getting.can anyone help me.i have been told on here my software/hardware are correct but are they?  hardware h58---software 1889----display unit/control panel hardware h47---display unit/contro; panel software 2103----navigation database 21.2-----media code 3.1.4.i contacted skoda 12 days ago and they said there could be a problem and they would get back to me and guess what not a word since.my screen keeps going blank and at times other things come onto screen and have to switch car off and turn it off and all is fine. any advice please.

Might be worth posting an image of that information, would be useful to have it document for you as much as anyone else that reads this.

3 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

Yes, they are correct. Your navigation database will update in the background when you use the navigator on a longer trip, assuming you have an active Infotainment Online license.

What do you mean by "other things come onto screen"?

Here's my current software. Car works like a charm with these:

IMG_20220809_142909.thumb.jpg.4fcc6868d41ab1d2d46bbe2b54c48524.jpg

Edited by Jorgeminator

4 hours ago, Jorgeminator said:

Yes, they are correct. Your navigation database will update in the background when you use the navigator on a longer trip, assuming you have an active Infotainment Online license.

What do you mean by "other things come onto screen"?

Here's my current software. Car works like a charm with these:

IMG_20220809_142909.thumb.jpg.4fcc6868d41ab1d2d46bbe2b54c48524.jpg

it say configuration in progress,then sometimes goes blank and cannot do anything unless i turn engine off.any help?i am going to pop into the skoda garage by end of week and hope to get some help off them.

Only just seen all the replies to this topic I started, here is a screenshot (albeit a fairly poor one) of the TPI information that the Skoda techs get from Skoda UK listing the requirements for the update to 1896 and the issues it resolves.

Hope this helps some of you

Screenshot_20220809-211620-295.png

• Like 1

I recently had my software updated from 1803 to 1896. In the hidden maintenance menu I had a list of approx 10 available swap codes which have now disappeared since the update. I wish I’d previously made a note of them. 

Has anyone else noticed this since having their software updated. 

Could I request to have them retrieved from Skoda. 

Edited by mitchec

41 minutes ago, mitchec said:

I recently had my software updated from 1803 to 1896. In the hidden maintenance menu I had a list of approx 10 available swap codes which have now disappeared since the update. I wish I’d previously made a note of them. 

Has anyone else noticed this since having their software updated. 

Could I request to have them retrieved from Skoda. 

Disappeared as in they are deactivated, or the entire list is now invisible?

Have you noticed a feature missing?

2 hours ago, varooom said:

Disappeared as in they are deactivated, or the entire list is now invisible?

Have you noticed a feature missing?

The Codes were originally listed in the hidden maintenance menu (Acessed by a long press on Menu on the MMI screen in the Code Function (FEC,Swap) menu). There are two sections, Installed and Available codes. There were none in the installed section but approx 10 codes in the available section. 

Since the update these codes are missing. I don't appear to have lost any functions but I was wondering what they were for as I've been trying to get TSR working. All you hear is SWAP and FEC codes required.

Ive been in touch with Skoda UK via chat got the following. Note Ive edited some of this to avoid confusion and deleted name of Skoda rep.

Chris Mitchell

10:48 AM

I recently purchased a 21 reg Octavia SEL estate model and was wondering if it is possible to Have Traffic Sign Recognition activated in the main dashboard. If it is possible can you please give me an indication of the price

Concierge

Welcome. A customer service agent will be with you shortly.

Concierge

You are now chatting with ------

10:49 AM

Hi Chris, you're through to ------ at ŠKODA UK. I will be assisting you today. 

10:49 AM

Chris, these features are installed at the Factory and can not be retro fitted.

10:50 AM

I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Chris Mitchell

10:50 AM

Hi. I have read that it is possible to have traffic sign recognition activated by the use of a SWAP or FEC code.

------ Skoda UK

10:51 AM

It might be possible at an Independent Retailer but no with ŠKODA.

Chris Mitchell

10:52 AM

I bought my car from local Skoda dealer. 

------ Skoda UK

10:52 AM

They are a Approved ŠKODA Retailer. Independent would be a normal garage type.

Chris Mitchell

10:55 AM

As you are aware the octavia is based on the MBQ EVO platform. these features were previously activated using VCDS and ODIS but due to the platform being locked down with SFD this in longer possible. I have been in touch with a couple of dealers and they say that the FEC and SWAP codes have to come from Skoda to activate certain features. (Little lie there. I got this info from Briskoda and OBDEleven forums)

------ Skoda UK

10:57 AM

We are not technical based he and go by the information that is released from the Factory. If you would like to have this assessed, then I would recommend you visit your local ŠKODA Retailer and speak to the Parts Team or to the Retailer you have already spoken to.

End of Chat

Ive already been in touch with local Skoda dealer and I basically got the same response. It has to be installed at the factory. 

Has anyone any Idea if they have managed to get a SWAP or FEC code to retrofit any features on the platform. If you can get Travel Assist which includes TSR factory fitted for £275. you would think you could get it activated for a price. What is wrong with them. Don't mention the steering wheel I've already changed it. 

Edited by mitchec
  • Like 1

Well, as I've posted a lot over the last year and a half on various issues, especially ACC, I thought I'd better report that my dealer applied all the updates he could find for my car a couple of weeks ago, which has updated the level shown on the screen as 1896.  He told me specifically that one of the fixes should cure the ACC problem (sometimes not passing slower traffic in a lane to my left).

I've had a couple of weeks to test it now, including a round trip to the Lake District (from Hampshire) and a couple of more local motorway trips.  So I've probably done at least 500 miles on motorways with ACC and can confirm that so far it has worked perfectly - at last. 

As others have reported, the Infotainment screen seems slightly more responsive too, a weird problem with Waze and Carplay has resolved itself (although that may have been a Waze update, I suppose) and so far no-one has flashed me when using the Matrix headlights on main beam, so I think they're working properly too.  Furthermore, the Satnav now remembers favourites and recent destinations.  I haven't had the SOS problem for a long time so I think that was fixed in an update earlier in the year.

So, it seems that, although I would say there are many serious design flaws in the system, it is now at least working as designed.  Thank goodness!

One more thing, which may be my imagination.  I have always found the noise generator annoying, so always a choose a drive mode that has it switched off.  However, a few times recently when I haven't done so my impression has brrn that that noise generator is less intrusive, so I wonder if they've fine-tuned that a bit in the update?

Edited by alancha
  • Like 1

My Dec 2021 IV went into my local dealership 2 weeks ago after suffering entertainment/warning issues many of you have reported following delivery from a dealership I purchased the car from up north. The latest software was installed but the car had to be booked in again (this time for 2 days)  due to a failed module related to the entertainment system.

The only issue I had since that update was installed 2 weeks ago was a 'please wait'  notification when the sat nav first loaded that didn't go away for 24 hours even after turning the car on and off a few times. Fortunately I didn't need the sat nav on the journeys I made that day. 

The module was replaced today and I'm waiting for the car to be returned. The dealership also advised they reinstalled the latest entertainment software because Skoda had added a recent patch to resolve issues customers had reported the including my 'please wait' sat nav issue. When the car is returned, I'll see what software version has been installed. 

• Like 1

Just had mine updated at Dealer yesterday, had a electronic coolant pump fitted under warranty, i asked them to update to 1896 as well, infotainment system works like it should of done from new, much faster and slicker 

• Like 1

I took mine into my dealer a couple of weeks ago for a long list of issues as previously mentioned on here (ACC not overtaking/infotainment issues etc) and was told no outstanding updates/TPI’s for my car but they have made some changes to some components. I argued with the service guy that I knew there was an update/TPI but he was just saying their master technician had the car and that’s what they’ve been told. It was nearly 5pm and I had to go somewhere so just left it but have now sent them an email with the pdf of the TPI attached asking why it wasn’t applied so I await their response. 

• Like 1