DCC Slider adjustment option mod

i am intrigued by this and have a spare controller to hand (purchased for the occasion), and i have VCP (but no access to ODIS).

is this a doable mod with just VCP? 

10 hours ago, tmg said:

i am intrigued by this and have a spare controller to hand (purchased for the occasion), and i have VCP (but no access to ODIS).

is this a doable mod with just VCP? 

In my case, I didn't have to physically change the Gateway (3Q0907530C) or DCC (5Q0907376A) module.

The guy who did this for me used VCP to update the software versions and upload the parameters.

I don't know the VCP procedure/steps involved.

I'm not sure wat tools he used to source the software and datasets.

It's a cost service he's offering - so he'll b keeping it a "closely guarded secret".

On 01/02/2023 at 19:21, ApertureS said:

It is somewhat generic and that’s where my issue lies with how people are doing this mod.

the gateway dataset contains huge amount of details specific to certain cars so the correct way of doing it is to download the correct dataset using odis, modify it, then reupload.

whereas a lot of people are just taking this dataset and putting it on their car, and if it’s an auto/manual, different engine setup, 2nd/4wd, different current consumers will all have an impact on the dataset that should be used.

im not saying you will have issues as not everyone will, it could match up with your car, but for some they will have issues like the mode select screen showing features they don’t have for example.

Just to clarify, those of us in Australia getting this mod done by Julian on our Skoda Superbs have had gateway datasets based off of the edited Skoda Superb files. For example my file was dataset 3Q0907530AC_Superb_3.xml, which had to be custom edited. Before the correct file was created we tried a few generic files from other cars and they could not even be successfully uploaded, let alone function. The DCC controller had the 2020 Passat 206tsi or Arteon data uploaded in place of the Superb dataset.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 09/02/2023 at 12:47, Frankenfurter said:

Just to clarify, those of us in Australia getting this mod done by Julian on our Skoda Superbs have had gateway datasets based off of the edited Skoda Superb files. For example my file was dataset 3Q0907530AC_Superb_3.xml, which had to be custom edited. Before the correct file was created we tried a few generic files from other cars and they could not even be successfully uploaded, let alone function. The DCC controller had the 2020 Passat 206tsi or Arteon data uploaded in place of the Superb dataset.

Just bought a 2022 Superb and would love to reduce the floaty, sometimes boat like oscillations after hitting a bump. Who do I get it touch with in Aus to do this DCC mod?

15 hours ago, dieselyeti said:

Just bought a 2022 Superb and would love to reduce the floaty, sometimes boat like oscillations after hitting a bump. Who do I get it touch with in Aus to do this DCC mod?

Sending you a PM with contact details…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Further feedback for anyone thinking about this mod. Post mod is exactly how it should come from factory.

Suspension is much more controlled with added rebound and compression. No longer blowing through its stroke in normal mode then wallowing in its recovery. Comfort is still cloud like and sport++ is ramped up but not harsh.

Totally recommended and thanks to Julian and Blair for the support making it a painless experience. 👌

• Like 3

Yes it's possible - u just need to get in touch with Julian first to organize it.

The requirements for recipients are:

1. a VAS5054A diagnostic dongle

2. Laptop with Windows 7 or 10. Laptop needs approx 100GB storage available.

3. Ability to Jack car up in your garage to have all 4 wheels off the ground at the same time

4. Wifi range to the garage where the car is

5. Ideally (but not essential) a battery charger while the upgrade is in progress due to battery drain while ignition is on.

And you need Julian to send you a link to download some software and for him to do the rest.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/04/2023 at 09:56, Agustnr said:

I have a 3Q0907530D and 5Q0907376A modules (it's a 2020 sportline edition), would I only need the flashing to be done? I mean no hardware swaps?

I'm 99% sure the hardware issue is only for 2017 and under cars. The 2020 will almost certainly have the right hardware. I have a 2017 Superb 206/280 and had to swap the part to the newer version.

43 minutes ago, Frankenfurter said:

I'm 99% sure the hardware issue is only for 2017 and under cars. The 2020 will almost certainly have the right hardware. I have a 2017 Superb 206/280 and had to swap the part to the newer version.

Thanks man. Appreciate it. 

Now to find a place that has odis/vcp in Iceland... Lol 

26 minutes ago, Agustnr said:

Thanks man. Appreciate it. 

Now to find a place that has odis/vcp in Iceland... Lol 

If you get stuck there is a guy here in Australia that has been doing it remotely. Scroll up to JR's post for technical requirements.

6 minutes ago, techsearchuk said:

Does anyone in the UK offer this? 

No one at the moment.  I did ask Julian if he could do remotely but he said he'll ask his friend over here to test it but he hadn't got round to it. 

• 4 months later...
On 01/02/2023 at 20:16, JR RS said:

In my case, I didn't have to physically change the Gateway (3Q0907530C) or DCC (5Q0907376A) module.

The guy who did this for me used VCP to update the software versions and upload the parameters.

I don't know the VCP procedure/steps involved.

I'm not sure wat tools he used to source the software and datasets.

It's a cost service he's offering - so he'll b keeping it a "closely guarded secret".

I've just started looking into this mod seriously for my 2017 280 estate. Going by your comments JR  am I right in thinking from the following I pulled off with OBD11 I wouldn't have to physically change my gateway or DCC module?

Screenshot_20230916-162257.png

Screenshot_20230916-162536.png

2 hours ago, MarkyTDI said:

I've just started looking into this mod seriously for my 2017 280 estate. Going by your comments JR  am I right in thinking from the following I pulled off with OBD11 I wouldn't have to physically change my gateway or DCC module?

That is correct, given the current version of modules u have listed.

Anyone got them stats for the aftermarket dcc shocks? 

I’ve found some reasonably priced monroe shocks and wanted to see if they are spec’ed the same as the oe dcc shock absorbers.

we talking 40% of the price of OE!

• Like 1

On 24/09/2023 at 21:08, ApertureS said:

Anyone got them stats for the aftermarket dcc shocks? 

I’ve found some reasonably priced monroe shocks and wanted to see if they are spec’ed the same as the oe dcc shock absorbers.

we talking 40% of the price of OE!

Monroe is the OEM part manufacturer. Monroe part number is C2516S.

Original front DCC strut part is 3Q0413031AK

Latest revision: 3Q0413031BE

Other working parts I have fitted and confirmed: 3QO413032

OE reference number(s) comparable with the original spare part number

retail link:

https://m.autodoc.co.uk/monroe/19151788

IMG_9216.jpeg

Edited by Frankenfurter

1 hour ago, Frankenfurter said:

Monroe is the OEM part manufacturer. Monroe part number is C2516S.

Original front DCC strut part is 3Q0413031AK

Latest revision: 3Q0413031BE

Other working parts I have fitted and confirmed: 3QO413032

OE reference number(s) comparable with the original spare part number

retail link:

https://m.autodoc.co.uk/monroe/19151788

IMG_9216.jpeg

Thank you but not the part numbers. Someone done some bounce and rebound tests and recorded the results for different brands :) was trying to find them but I’ve lost them now 

• Like 1

@ApertureS- u referring to this?

78749788_BilsteinDamptronicvsOEMDCC.thumb.png.cbc047bc3c16b8b661a2c343e1ac28a7.png

The test was done by DSC Sport in the US.

"We had some pretty interesting findings today when shock dynoing the Bilstein Damptronic B16's for a MK7 Golf R (part number 49-255874). We found the Bilsteins only are able to control the rebound, while the factory shocks are able to control both compression and rebound with their valving. This means the Bilstein Damptronics are a less capable setup when looking at compression adjustment, but still happen to have slightly greater rebound range. Basically the only benefits to the Damptronics are adjustable spring perches to change ride height and stiffer springs. But are not beneficial when looking at the "active" functionalities of the shock. This is due to the valve used in this specific shock, however in other Bilstein kits we have tested, like the Porsche Kit, the valve is different and was able to control both rebound and compression."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I want to improve my DCC settings - from 3 position to slider in Superb 2020.
But whatever I do I cannot change it to slider.

What have I done:

1. Flashed DCC. From 5Q0907376B to 5Q0907376C.
  2. Updated DCC parameters to Arteon parameters.
    (I'v used original parameters from VCP library - maybe this will be cause of the issue. Maybe not all Arteons have slider?)
  3. Changed parameters in FPA Editor:
  4. Uploaded it to the gateway.
  5. Reset unit.

But still looks like this:

Do I need to change something more in FPA Editor? Or should I try with other dataset for DCC module?

*It looks like parameters for gateway are working - because I can change other settings - for example dynamic lights, sport diff...

@Frankenfurter @ApertureS @langers2k - maybe You  could help.

Edited by Szogun
  • Like 1