Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

Hello 

I'm having this issue during these days, my configuration is the following:

IMG_20240430_113932.thumb.jpg.2177aec06e62f9fba6a9155f1d198fc3.jpg

Yesterday was very hot day here in Rome and during the way the infotainment restarted continuously like someone continuously touching the screen. It went better when I disabled gesture and proximity from the display settings.

Don't know if someone already tried this, but after, finally the car locked normal, all switched off.

In the past days, when the car was off and locked, the infotainment sometimes switched on automatically, sometimes not, but also when the screen was switched off correctly I had always the Home and Menu icon with lights on.

My doubt is to try to update to 1969.

Maybe I'll try some days with this setup then I'll think about it.

It's very strange to think the restarting depends from the hot temperature, in a electronic based century.

Any suggestions appreciated.

1 hour ago, kiter76 said:

Hello 

I'm having this issue during these days, my configuration is the following:

IMG_20240430_113932.thumb.jpg.2177aec06e62f9fba6a9155f1d198fc3.jpg

Yesterday was very hot day here in Rome and during the way the infotainment restarted continuously like someone continuously touching the screen. It went better when I disabled gesture and proximity from the display settings.

Don't know if someone already tried this, but after, finally the car locked normal, all switched off.

In the past days, when the car was off and locked, the infotainment sometimes switched on automatically, sometimes not, but also when the screen was switched off correctly I had always the Home and Menu icon with lights on.

My doubt is to try to update to 1969.

Maybe I'll try some days with this setup then I'll think about it.

It's very strange to think the restarting depends from the hot temperature, in a electronic based century.

Any suggestions appreciated.

That's exactly what's been happening to mine since I bought the car. Mainly when hot. Tried all the software upgrades but didn't fix it. Skoda have swapped the screen and have said this will fix it. Theyve tested it and apparently works.  Couple of people on here have had the same fix but whether or not it's worked will remain to be seen on the next hot day. I guess based on this that I'll know in 6 months..  Fingers crossed

Just be careful too as mine was a pretty big parasitic drain on the battery...

On 14/04/2024 at 20:37, darkmatterink said:

I too had this issue after 1941. layout got reset. I did a factory reset and started fresh. have not had the issue since. Also I just updated to 1969.. will test it out and revert. Others are enjoying the update as of now,

Hello,

how did you do a "factory reset" ? Do you mean the ooption under Setup menu or something "stronger"?

Thank you

The Factory Reset is found in one of the CAR menus, just have both keys with you when you do it so that when it all kicks back in you can do the account stuff and introduce the car to both keys.

• Like 1

After some days of use and some "disabling" it seems reboot during driving has been stopped. The major benefit, it seems, I repeat "seems" arrived disabling "Gesture" and "Proximity" from the Setup menu.

I still have an issue when locking the car with Home and Menù icon, they remain on also when closing the car, sometimes they go off after some minutes, sometimes not.

I thought about some kind off light sensor but why at car closed?

Any of you with this experience?

Thank you

14 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

The Factory Reset is found in one of the CAR menus, just have both keys with you when you do it so that when it all kicks back in you can do the account stuff and introduce the car to both keys.

Is this one? "Resetta alle impostazioni standard"

I know it's in Italian but the same position should be in the English menu.

Thank you

image.png.c16457a4bf06941c10c55f26909a17c5.png

2 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

If it translates into Restore factory defaults or similar then yes.

Yet it is, so the double key is needed onyl to become main user via MySkoda app if I understood well

3 hours ago, kiter76 said:

Any of you with this experience?

Known bug, many people have it, including myself. I don't bother as long as it does not drain battery.

• Like 1

I just updated to 1969 following the guide, all fine no problem during update.

After finished had also some addition upgrade from Infotainment and also some reboot as the known "continuos reboot" problem.

Hope they were only adjustment to the code.

Home & Menù icon still random on when closing the car.

Let's see in the next days

41 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

The rebooting problem has now ceased?

I took the car after 5 hours from upgrade and no reboot, also went to a shopping center and parked the car underground and after close the car also the Home and Menu icon switched off.

Once back home, no reboot during the way, but icon Home and Menu once again switched on with car closed.

It seems this happen when I left the car in a parking with some lights around at the moment of closure, but it's only my assumption.

Another interesting point of analysis could be the Display hardware/software unit number: mine is H44/2088 and I found people on an Italian telegram channel who solved their problem once substituted with higher number units, but don't know if could be considered right.

Tomorrow I'll have a long day usage with the car and weather forecast will be very warm/hot, so I'll test also the temperature failures encountered in the past days and common for many users.

• Like 1

A little update, but maybe this benefit has been encountered also from other users (honestly don't remember where I read about it), accessing the car without connecting to Android Auto, seems the reboot does not start. After running a while, I've enabled BT and Wifi to access AA and after connected no reboots happened.
I'm going to try this trick for some days in different temperature conditions.

TBQH I don't use AA very much at all I find it quite clunky to use and now I'm retired from the railway, I don't get many phone calls at all.

The only time I tend to use it is when I'm going somewhere out of my area that I don't know and I'm using Waze or GM for navigation. 

Can someone give me the link to 1969 version for Skoda Octavia IV?

I can not find a working link.

Thanks

Mine went crazy this afternoon, it was restarting every two seconds and kept making the 'button being pressed noise' .  May be coincidence but Ive recently purchased a dash cam and had that plugged in the usb c near the mirror with my mobile connected via Bluetooth.  It was quite sunny today.

Unplugged the dash cam and gave the screen a good wipe. It didn't happen when I used the car again and hour later

THANKS djmartzian

Is it right the file MOI3_EU_SK_R9690L_MU11969

for Skoda Octavai 1.5 G tec year 07/2021?

I'm downloading 

Thnaks

Hello, 7z and also Unrar give me some errors during extraction, is it a corrupted files?

image.png

I don't use 7z. I use either Windows built in extraction system or WinRar.

Much better solutions. However you many want to download it again and see what happens..

Two days ago i had again sudden party mode with infotainment. Car was locked and infotainment was ON. While driving i was having mute, on/off, black screen etc. 

I notify my dealer that they had already update twice to 1941 and still issues happening, now waiting for their reply. 

Posted (edited)

Finally I uptaded the file from here:

https://trafficsims.myftp.org/s/2AbTBw6fbsG642P/authenticate/showShare

Password: BriSkoda!

I never had error unpaking end everything loooks like working good. 

We'll see in the next days what happen.

It look like a bit more reactive but I had to upgrade the map because I was back to an old version.

Everytihng was correctly syncronized.

Thanks for help

Edited by Murdoch71