Columbus Map Update 2024 (MIB1/2 HIGH)

Have you tried a reboot of the infotainment system, that's a long hold on the on/off till you see the splash screen althouth leaving it off for over 20 minute may produced the same result.

If you still have no navigation which we can take as no map loaded I'd load the one from the previous release. You should be able to do that if the map memory is empty. That will be you can't read the serial release of the map since know map is loaded. Switching back to 2023/24 would get rid of any left overs still in memory. Then start the update again use the VW file for Row 2024 which is good. That's the 2nd one on the list, this one, the one that's been said to be fine from abive:

https://navigation-maps.volkswagen.com/vw-maps/P353_N60S5MIBH3_ROW.7z

Failing that I'd recommend how I normally do it via the developers SWDL menu which you need to unlock for Obdeleven / VCDS. That allows you to see all map entities on a file and force an update into the unit. Bit complicated to dance through the menus so I'd revert back to Row 2023/24, link will in on MartiniB's posts here. Then try the working update for 2024. If its still failing make do with 2023/24.

You aren't using a Mac and forgot to use CleanMyDrive on the 2024 file ?. That's the other one. Or re download again in case that got corrupted. It's either that or the duff file that went in left something hanging about where stepping back and forward may clear it between year or in the last resort SWDL screen via the developers menu. That one does allow you to force updates. Bit techie thou. 

3 minutes ago, Tell said:

Have you tried a reboot of the infotainment system, that's a long hold on the on/off till you see the splash screen althouth leaving it off for over 20 minute may produced the same result.

If you still have no navigation which we can take as no map loaded I'd load the one from the previous release. You should be able to do that if the map memory is empty. That will be you can't read the serial release of the map since know map is loaded. Switching back to 2023/24 would get rid of any left overs still in memory. Then start the update again use the VW file for Row 2024 which is good. That's the 2nd one on the list, this one, the one that's been said to be fine from abive:

Failing that I'd recommend how I normally do it via the developers SWDL menu which you need to unlock for Obdeleven / VCDS. That allows you to see all map entities on a file and force an update into the unit. Bit complicated to dance through the menus so I'd revert back to Row 2023/24, link will in on MartiniB's posts here. Then try the working update for 2024. If its still failing make do with 2023/24.

You aren't using a Mac and forgot to use CleanMyDrive on the 2024 file ?. That's the other one. Or re download again in case that got corrupted. It's either that or the duff file that went in left something hanging about where stepping back and forward may clear it between year or in the last resort SWDL screen via the developers menu. That one does allow you to force updates. Bit techie thou. 

Hey, thank you.

The navigation system comes back on after some time. 
When i try and do the update i can see the folders but they are all N/A and i can't actually do anything, i wonder why. I tried the VW version too and no luck. I was thinking to do a previous version and see if i can get a 2023 update going at least.
I'll try again and see how i go.
Thanks again.

@breaddownunder

check FECs list installed in your head unit (in one of sections under hidden menu, long press Menu button -> . . .)

# Škoda MIB2 NavDB LifeTime
fsc17 = "083000FF" # EU
fsc18 = "083D00FF" # ROW

if last numbers aren't FF, then there has been set max year

Then you are onto this but you need to change the txt FeC file to RoW.

https://github.com/Mr-MIBonk/M.I.B._More-Incredible-Bash

I'd assumed it wasn't that if it's a Skoda unit. We have had an imported mib2 high unit from Europe that needed it's FeCs altered. Attached is the Mr Bonk FeC list.

You'll see me on one of MartiniB's threads sorting out an Australian a year or so back. Only Seat and Audi that don't have life long FeCs unlike Skoda and VW but if you do bring the car to Australia or import the infotainment unit then you do need to change the FeC to life long. People use tinkered AIO software to get them. How the Audi folk turn up here looking for maps 😉.

FEC List.pdf

5 hours ago, MartiniB said:

@breaddownunder

check FECs list installed in your head unit (in one of sections under hidden menu, long press Menu button -> . . .)

# Škoda MIB2 NavDB LifeTime
fsc17 = "083000FF" # EU
fsc18 = "083D00FF" # ROW

if last numbers aren't FF, then there has been set max year

Mine unfortunately doesn't show me that, not sure why. I only have 2 menu entries in that service menu.

6 hours ago, breaddownunder said:

Mine unfortunately doesn't show me that, not sure why. I only have 2 menu entries in that service menu.

I think the FeC is a red herring if you have a Skoda it will be set up for long life FeCs so won't have reached the end period, more likely the map memory is stuffed up with that duff RoW file. Only if the car or infotainment unit or you did a firmware update using European mib solution software or a retrofitter had tinkered with your FeCs or you'd used the mib2 high tool box would it be an issue.

Mib2 you do a long hold on the menu button then it will show you a menu that says FeC on it. That's the FeC menu. Show's installed and available FeCs. The run in code 083 on Skodas is the navigation FeC. Then you will see whether it's RoW or not. Finishing with EE or FF should be good enough. That's a long life FeC.

The Seat ones I posted here. All brands have a different seed position then follow a HEX table. I had to crack the Seat ones when a dishonest retrofitter in the UK was updating the firmware in mib2 highs and selling long life FeCs.

https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/resources/updating-the-inbuilt-mib2-satnav-mib2-tricks-and-mib1.60/

What happened after 18 months the units started moaning about FeCs then you found you couldn't update the maps. Putting my FeC against someone else's using the same company and finding the Audi published FeCs it was possible to generate that table. FF or EE at the end pushes it right into the future, but as I said only Seat and Audi sell mapcare so you shouldn't run into the issue unless your unit isn't a kosher Skoda unit sold for Australia or had it's firmware tinkered with. 

If you can't load up the 2023-24 maps, then if you want to fix it yourself, then it's the SWDL menu. Mib1 high it was open, mib2 it's locked down. You have to unlock the developers menu. Unlocking is the same for Skoda as Seat. In this guide I show how to do it in Obdeleven Pro

https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/obdeleven-tool-for-vcds-type-of-activity-working-ones-for-the-ateca.438134/page-2#post-4730643

You can also do it with VCDS and other tools these days. Once unlocked and it stays unlocked once done to get to the SWDL menu you hold onto the menu but, that gives you screen 1 (which you haven't found yet), hold on for longer and you get screen 2 with SWDL on it. Success.

Hitting SWDL then gives you bench access to the units update firmware, maps, user POIs. You can downgrade and upgrade maps or firmware with this menu. Why I think the unit may be stuffed on the map update is I've stuffed mine before. If the VW files issued were wrong and we know the first one was then it can have consequences so you force a map update. The menu has manual on it, you dance around that selecting all and go. Engine doesn't need to be running but you need to keep the door open or open and close it every 15 minutes to keep power to the unit. After about 40 minutes it will do it. You see the map entities of Eggnogg, Navdb etc. They all get updated and you come back out of the menu with a reboot once done.

As I said it's that menu which is used for firmware downgrading as well. It's universal. The normal update one only goes forwards not backwards if you have something in it which is recognised as newer. If your map memory is empty then you could go backwards. If you had SWDL enabled you'd upgrade with that second map file, the one that is said to be fine you could skip testing the 2023-24 map. Manual, highlight all whatever, start in SWDL. You do dance between the screens. I use swdl to upgrade the maps since I can see what is happening rather than the user / customer based one. I've always done it that way.

Where about are they... 🤔... not so long since 350 🤣.

Presume

https://mibsolution.one/#/1/15/MHIG - MHI2(Q)

You can go first.

Bit more you probably saw:

https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=89047&page=2

I guess it's the June release in beta. Those dates would look right if beta, add 6 months on to release.

On the Mib1 standard front, people are happy with this one, 106, 2023 maps

https://mibsolution.one/#/1/15/MSTD

Mib1 standard must be getting updates but not published on Vag... reckon it's behind a VIN login. Probably vans running about in Europe somewhere that need it so maintenance continued.

Edited by Tell
another link
  • Like 1

On 16/02/2024 at 20:26, Tell said:

Many thanks for this, I'd tried several times with the Skoda version from the portal but it kept failing at 60%. The VW version has updated fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BooBoo124 said:

Thinking about I reckon because of mib3 monthly production for connect services they have streamlined their production from the freeze date to deliver or whatever you want to call delivery. Thus June comes early in February. Probably not a beta. The last one was well before November off Audi servers the source for the mib2 high only ones.... We'll see.

Cough... I've started using the mega link from that website. On the free mega it will take a while with the pauses. Probably by mid night I'll have it.  Didn't fancy the Yandex registration. I use SWDL as mentioned above so if it stumbles on import I can reload the previous one. It does give you flexibility to update and downgrade. Ýou never know I might have it in the car by late afternoon tomorrow. We'll see. Using these links might be the way we have to do it after the VW / Skoda / Seat 5 years is up, whenever that is. Pretty close.

13 minutes ago, breaddownunder said:

I still cannot update no matter which version i try. Any one in Australia with a MKIII Octavia managed to update maps?

And any one who can activate the developers menu to get SWDL for you over there. There have been other Australians over there with it working on the thread but guess the one that got stuck part the way through needs unsticking with SWDL.

I suspect it was a faulty file created by Skoda / VW on the link where I said use the other one but has got stuck part in. There were issues on the European one on file creation but since the EU people are more in number than RoW... It didn't get fixed. You need the backend menu to do a re-install. (SWDL I'll be running here tomorrow on the June 2024 supposed EU release... since I know I can get back if there are issues).

If you do get the map installed, select a destination and shows maps for 30 seconds then tells you its not valid, then that is your FeCs... been there, done that, since its a Skoda it won't be that. Just got some corrupted data in it that faulted it. It's corrupted in manufacture of the files not in the processing of it at your end since the files are signed. They will only get read if they presented correctly, clean my drives etc. Once they start being read if it throws up an error then it's the manufacturing of the download... that was the issue on the first EU ones, Skoda.

On 22/02/2024 at 11:12, BooBoo124 said:

Do you think it's worth downloading this release or wait a bit?

Here we go ECE 370 2024/2025 Mib2 high:

20240223_154344.thumb.jpg.2268e0d3bac5767370093ca0274ef077.jpg

I use the Russian link you gave me @BooBoo124 as above taking the second link in the page:

http://map.audi-mib.ru/

Namely the Mega link for release 370 not Yandex that needed Russian mobile number. The Mega hint if you don't have a paid bandwidth is to use a VPN. Every time it says you have exceeded your allowance or wait 5hr, change IP address and hit refresh 😉 .

Screenshot_20240223-161548.thumb.png.b153f39a68fc755f57507be9d686f436.png

The file has two links at the top to promote their web site. Ignore them. The materiel is signed with an SLA1 signature so can't be edited unless you are a member of five eyes on something so it's not modded and cant be from when it was sewn up by the manufacturers. We dont have to worry about that.

The file has grown by 0.2gb from the last release. I did check some areas before and after and indeed this is an update to the geography. Got more roads in it.

As mused I reckon with connect services they probably got production down to a fine art so this one is laying about from the freeze cut off in November. I've seen November named else where for this probably based on the mibsolution link. Dates are when they wrote this to the file, not Audi on this. This would normally ship in June 2024. The Russian page says next update December. Think they have their maths wrong. December if official but they will get it September 🤣.

I'll be using this. Did the demo navigation run, fine. Inrix TMC works fine. No issues.

• Love it! 1

50 minutes ago, Tell said:

Here we go ECE 370 2024/2025 Mib2 high:

20240223_154344.thumb.jpg.2268e0d3bac5767370093ca0274ef077.jpg

I use the Russian link you gave me @BooBoo124 as above taking the second link in the page:

Namely the Mega link for release 370 not Yandex that needed Russian mobile number. The Mega hint if you don't have a paid bandwidth is to use a VPN. Every time it says you have exceeded your allowance or wait 5hr, change IP address and hit refresh 😉 .

Screenshot_20240223-161548.thumb.png.b153f39a68fc755f57507be9d686f436.png

The file has two links at the top to promote their web site. Ignore them. The materiel is signed with an SLA1 signature so can't be edited unless you are a member of five eyes on something so it's not modded and cant be from when it was sewn up by the manufacturers. We dont have to worry about that.

The file has grown by 0.2gb from the last release. I did check some areas before and after and indeed this is an update to the geography. Got more roads in it.

As mused I reckon with connect services they probably got production down to a fine art so this one is laying about from the freeze cut off in November. I've seen November named else where for this probably based on the mibsolution link. Dates are when they wrote this to the file, not Audi on this. This would normally ship in June 2024. The Russian page says next update December. Think they have their maths wrong. December if official but they will get it September 🤣.

I'll be using this. Did the demo navigation run, fine. Inrix TMC works fine. No issues.

PS 376 will be the RoW NAR 2024-25 on mibsolutions guest, guest for those down under to try out.... report back. You have to get the metafile in the route and the mib1 and mib2. Normal position. The 370 Russian link had them down a level or two, just drag and drop them as documented in Vag pdf of how to do it.

https://mibsolution.one/#/1/15/MHIG - MHI2(Q)

Edited by Tell

SWDL screen example. Once the developers menu of the infotainment has been enabled via VCDS or Obdeleven a long hold on the menu button brings up the menu with the FeCs on it, keep holding till you see this:

20240223_150127.thumb.jpg.20d92fe50f52c863451d0523dba34dc9.jpg

Then you hit SWDL with the map update in the slot:

20240223_150255.thumb.jpg.38aa7290180aecfdee354551798e4704.jpg

Tap SD card.

20240223_150307.thumb.jpg.0b7f90cd726d925b3b2c6aaf4577ec19.jpg

Tap the panel above.

It then shows navigation entities that can be updated. Y means it can be done.

20240223_150403.jpg

You get the option of manual update or do all. You can dance about the screen as to which you want to load in. In this example do all.

20240223_150413.thumb.jpg.151913fe5871677f356dc0653dd81b63.jpg

20240223_150523.thumb.jpg.f774c6c977fb8f8f267cc47c8e55d757.jpg

Off it goes but you must keep the car door open or open and close it every 15 minutes to stop power down, you don't need the engine running. Looking at 40 minutes at this stage.

Progressing:

20240223_153725.thumb.jpg.e0d6263ae95aa0b3e9b8d15bf1cc0e9d.jpg

Means looking good:

20240223_154135.thumb.jpg.4a044fcaad645005980a86dbbf7434cd.jpg

We press cancel and it comes out... with a reboot

20240223_154151.thumb.jpg.df8a60fd6f4e307a9409e4ede265bdf2.jpg

Final stage...

20240223_154209.thumb.jpg.c310e82697d83636f8b3c5d56de02a58.jpg

Then done.

It allows you to revert map updates and revert software updates. Has it's uses.

• Like 1

No I don't.... but thanks. If you are playing CDs?. The graphics art I always do in FLAC file using the 500x500 cover art in each directory.

Anyhow, the more reliable 376 will be the RoW NAR 2024-25 file link is

https://mega.nz/file/SEhSCZTA#T8qGZbNC45wEFu0wf36clM3NVP84VDv_UjZ5dUWmur0

That goes straight into Mega then you can deploy your VPN tricks every time. I use Edge for that and TunnelBear. The Mibsolution link kept failing so went to the direct link they published.

Haven't tested it thou but it does unpack... BUT saying that I reckon it's for North and South America only. I wouldn't bother with it in Australia or NZ. The attributes are for the Americas only

As for the source of the EU file I'd use the Russian one you gave me:

Direct link:

https://mega.nz/file/0rE1gABD#lcfr9fv0VigKTavqe6ty-T3NJUGPzWdkrmDKShrdYjs

The Mibsolution one is more problematic, the file has a zip error in it. The link above is fine, and you can use three different IPs addresses to get it down with the screen refresh and a VPN 😍.

BTW these Audi originated maps are filed with the FeC key that take you to that release in the file name... the decode is here:

https://www.drive2.ru/l/631572674207817537/

I wondered why 02300036 had been added to the filename. It's the up to that code if you have Mapcare. With lifelong FeCs you are OK. If Audi did the dirty and removed Skoda, VW and Seat from these files you can add the Audi FeCs for sure. I know this since it was discovered with Seat. They are cross compatible. I've got the Skoda long life FeC on my car as well as the Seat one. It came up on one release where Seat had been dropped. 

Edited by Tell

Yes I've had to patch my A4 with a life long FEC.

I used the Google drive link and that has worked and installed fine. 

Edited by BooBoo124
  • Like 1