Goochie On Pistonheads

Beretta

Go to Pistonheads, look in the Gassing Section, and look on "SKODA FABIA VRS-WHATS THE VIEW ON THESE".

Phil, remind us how many Fabia's you have owned??????

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to Pistonheads, look in the Gassing Section, and look on "SKODA FABIA VRS-WHATS THE VIEW ON THESE".

Phil, remind us how many Fabia's you have owned??????

Mr Beretta, may I remind you that in that parallel universe that is Goochie World ownership or experience are a mere triviality.

Mr Beretta, may I remind you that in that parallel universe that is Goochie World ownership or experience are a mere triviality.

Des, that was subtle, even for you.................:P

Can I ask why a small number of users on here have a problem with the Fabia VRS? Am I also correct in thinking that the majority of this small group have never even owned a Fabia VRS?

I admit that its not a super car but as far as a practicle small warm hatch of a car goes I think they're hard to beat and can be modded to a more than decent level of performance?

Just because some owners of Fabia VRS's like to go a little OTT regarding the performance of the car dosen't mean the cars **** or deserves the level of slating that it gets from certain quarters....

IMO, the Fabia is a great supermini, and in the vRS form a fun one too. It's not perfect, but let's just remember that it's really a budget warm hatch and we should not have excessive expectations of it as a result. As it happens, it does most things very well. I've not owned a vRS but I have had a PD100 Comfort for 23,000 miles and I can say that it's a cracking little car. Economical, I've not had any leaks, power steering problems etc.

I think what has happened is that as is typical on an internet forum for cars, people get a problem with their car and then come onto the internet to find a forum to ask a question about it. As a consequence such forums have a member bias of which a large percentage is of people who have got problems with their car and with few of the owners who don't have problems. Goochie has listed the sum of said problems, which I suspect is equalled if not exceeeded by the vast majority of the Fabia's competitors, if not any car.

Just my thoughts. :)

IMO, the Fabia is a great supermini, and in the vRS form a fun one too. It's not perfect,

Goochie has listed the sum of said problems, :)

What supermini is perfect? Ive had loads of cars and theres always something you wish was different.

As for Goochie, he listed what Some owners experianced, not what all Fabia VRS are like.

He sounds like a corsa driver to me who knows F*** all about cars:thumbup:

It's just the forum norm to be honest, hundreds of people post about a problem but the thousands that have no problems and think it's a great car don't write about it because then we'd just have repetitive posting about how good the car is. Just because a bigger faster car Octavia 1.8T remapped can beat a Fabia vRS remapped doesn't mean its a better car as implied on pistonheads. I drove an old work mates Octavia vRS and to be honest never liked it because I found it big and lumpy whereas I love my Fabia as its reasonably priced, performs well and drives comfortably, just to my liking. But as said in the post in question its one of those things some love a certain car while others don't, it's the way of life and cars unfortunately.

IMO, the Fabia is a great supermini, and in the vRS form a fun one too. It's not perfect, but let's just remember that it's really a budget warm hatch and we should not have excessive expectations of it as a result. As it happens, it does most things very well. I've not owned a vRS but I have had a PD100 Comfort for 23,000 miles and I can say that it's a cracking little car. Economical, I've not had any leaks, power steering problems etc.

I think what has happened is that as is typical on an internet forum for cars, people get a problem with their car and then come onto the internet to find a forum to ask a question about it. As a consequence such forums have a member bias of which a large percentage is of people who have got problems with their car and with few of the owners who don't have problems. Goochie has listed the sum of said problems, which I suspect is equalled if not exceeeded by the vast majority of the Fabia's competitors, if not any car.

Just my thoughts. :)

:thumbup: Agreed - car are mass manufactured and I suppose somewhere along the line you are going to encounter problems. You may get lucky and have a car which does not have any problems or have the 'Friday afternoon' car

Crap a brisklog, I though Shifty was the chippy.

When did Goochie get to be like 90?

I'm 32 and I've never owned a new car.

Yuo've a bit to go yet, Col. My first new car was my Octy which was a 47th birthday present to myself (AKA "Late mid life crisis" :D:D)

How to blow a bit of my inheritance :o:O

49 and not owned a new car yet ...

Another old fart..............I LIKE being an old fart. Bring on 50 :D:D

On an aside - how many old farts drive Fabia vRS's? Or as more mature persons do we choose Octavias?

I'm an old fart ( 45, look 107 and act 12)

And proud of it:thumbup:

My Fabia had no problems, and I've ordered another, so that says something for them as I am a fussy git.:D