The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

I'm glad you've taken the trouble to join the forum to give us all the benefit of your track day knowledge

Maybe when Richard updates himself with the thread he'll have his own take on it

no its no trouble really but thanks. just a bored sunday afternoon with not much better to do. ;)  this is a pic of the widest gap the bmw left and at this moment hes just waited for the alfa to pull left so he himself has the space to pass

image_39.jpg

Edited by underdog

If you run that video back a bit to about 2 minutes I think it's probably fair to say that the BMW was so intent on dicing with the Alfa he didn't give a monkey's what was in his rear view mirror

• Like 3

Also, in the drivers briefing, they tell you to stay left if a car is clearly quicker behind you, so the BMW driver should have stayed left as the Yeti is clearly quicker and forgotten about his own little battle for a few seconds.

• Like 2

no its no trouble really but thanks. just a bored sunday afternoon with not much better to do.

Really? Gosh your life must be interesting... Even painting a fence or running junk down to the tip must be more interesting than joining a Car forum just to make your point about a "Video" of the incident you watched.

Classic red mist incident, some people need to remember there is no shame in being overtaken on a track day. Doesn't matter if it's a 500bhp Yeti or stripped out Nissan Micra; Focus on your lap and make sure you don't block or crash into anyone's pride and joy!

P.s Hope your BMW didn't get too much mud and grass on it. ;-)

• Like 2

He wasn't the BMW driver and I'm not not even sure if he was on the track or in the proximity at the time. He professes to be some sort of track day expert though and he's got a keyboard.....just saying...

Best to not rise to the bait, Briskoda's better than that, let Boss's project and driving do the talking and he'll eventually go back to from whence he came..

• Like 4

lol im not the bmw driver. i wish my car was as quick as that bmw though. mine is a bit slower. the only reason i joined the forum as in his wisdom richard has blocked comments on youtube. the only time anyone ever does that is when they are scared of a backlash because of their actions. you may have a biased veiw being friends so we just have to disagree.iv made loads of dodgy overtakes on track and i know when iv done it and held my hands up when challenged on it. theres no shame shame in that.

this is my car so feel free to attack or critique me badly but just to prove im nothing to do with bmw driver. i have a small 164bhp so im no yeti contender

Edited by underdog
  • Like 1

That session was crazy! I've never been on a trackday where it has been that crowded - happy to see the Yetti survive, and wow - it just piles on the speed! Well done on another great build.

He wasn't the BMW driver and I'm not not even sure if he was on the track or in the proximity at the time. He professes to be some sort of track day expert though and he's got a keyboard.....just saying...

Best to not rise to the bait, Briskoda's better than that, let Boss's project and driving do the talking and he'll eventually go back to from whence he came..

im not baiting and iv  not claimed to be a track day expert. if you want a definition of baiting read your post back to yourself. ;) . i read a lot of comments accusing the bmw driver of being in the wrong. i read the thread with the sole intent of enjoying the read, but such singled minded blindness of opinions drove me to comment. whether thats a good thing or not is up to me.maybe i should have said nothing because i know full well il acheive nothing. but still its free to comment here. besides the yeti was the talk of the show which funnily enough i was there and on track with him. its generating interest anyhow. its probably going to be one of the most talked about cars in the track day circle so get used to opinions flying around.

Edited by underdog
  • Like 2

Yet again, some popcorn and a can of fizzy pop is needed on this glorious Sunday afternoon, while browsing the Yeti build.

That session at Combe was a free for all. The amount of bad driving, and no one adhering to the 'rules' of the track (that wasn't enforced) I'm amazed there was not a incident. Point fingers at whomever you want, that BMW had space but, is a typical BMW driver.

Just my 2p's worth.

Happy Sunday people, keep smiling!

• Like 3

im not baiting and iv  not claimed to be a track day expert.... .

The usual etiquette when joining a forum is to post up and introduce yourself in the new members thread, you've come straight on here with your first post and accused a long standing forum member of being an idiot and dangerous and you say I'm baiting... Anyhow I'll leave it to others to form and express their own views, I've better things to do.

• Like 3

it

The usual etiquette when joining a forum is to post up and introduce yourself in the new members thread, you've come straight on here with your first post and accused a long standing forum member of being an idiot and dangerous and you say I'm baiting... Anyhow I'll leave it to others to form and express their own views, I've better things to do.

i wasnt talking to you but the yeti driver so its non of your business anyway. i stand by the fact he drove like an idiot.

• Like 1

Post #2294 seems a good enough introduction for someone joining a forum to discuss a particular subject,

No idea why they should go to some other page first.

& Forum etiquette should maybe be to welcome new members  IMHO.

so welcome 'underdog'. 

• Like 2

Post #2294 seems a good enough introduction for someone joining a forum to discuss a particular subject,

No idea why they should go to some other page first.

& Forum etiquette should maybe be to welcome new members  IMHO.

so welcome 'underdog'. 

cheers for the welcome lol. yes i agree my introduction was not the coolest but if im honest i never intend to stay here. thats not a critisism or a dig im just not into skodas. as i said the yeti has generated some fame and im just a consequence of its fame, be it good or bad lol

• Like 1

Just come to troll for a while on a boring Sunday then, as the majority of us thought (bar one, clearly)

Maybe now the thread can get back to it's title............as in the project?

no not troll at all. just correcting a few ignorant opinions. if you take your heads out of the yeti drivers ass you may see more clearly.

and beleive it or not iv had a shocking number of pms from people who agree with me but dont want to comment. go figure that one out

Edited by underdog
  • Like 1

no not troll at all. just correcting a few ignorant opinions. if you take your heads out of the yeti drivers ass you may see more clearly.

and beleive it or not iv had a shocking number of pms from people who agree with me but dont want to comment. go figure that one out

If you're that bothered, Naff off and create another thread rather than clogging this one.
  • Like 4