Yeti collection road trip

MarieK

Perhaps we should petition Marie's dealers to give a similar experience on hand over(grand unveiling) in honour of her service to this forum whilst waiting!  :dance:

To pull back the sheet to uncover a roomster?

:party:

• Like 2

That is ever so slightly different to what I did!  :rofl:

Rainworth again; in and out in about 20 mins ~ but I did pay soooooooo little for the car I couldn't ask for their time too.

This...

--

Personal registration number is correct front and back (it has been known that dealers print the plates wrong)

--

My first ever brand new car had the wrong plates on it.

I was so excited about getting my first new car i only noticed when i got it home.

The dealer had put my cars plates on an almost identical new car. Both were collected the same day.

The owner of the other car hadn't noticed and wasn't contactable for a few days, before the age of mobiles everywhere.

Luckily it was a different colour, i dread to imagine what would have happened with a hit and run....

May be an exhaustive list but I agree entirely with Johann better safe than sorry.A bit to far to travel from Skye to South Yorkshire to get it put right. A bit like myself 60 miles of Irish sea between myself and the nearest Skoda Dealer.

Tony

May be an exhaustive list but I agree entirely with Johann better safe than sorry.A bit to far to travel from Skye to South Yorkshire to get it put right. A bit like myself 60 miles of Irish sea between myself and the nearest Skoda Dealer.

Tony

I'll be the first to admit that I did not do all the things on the list when I collected my car...   :giggle:   But it is easy enough to work out what is important and what not.  Registration number on the plates and that ALL the options you payed for are there, are the obvious ones.  Consumables like coolant level won't kill the bank if that needs a top up.  But if you are doing a long trip back do check the tyres pressures as these come wildly wrong and different from the factory.

Oh and Do check that you have the correct locking wheel nut key, I didn't and it wasn't  :blush:

Luckily my dealer was only down the road from where I was having the boots changed.

• Like 1

I'm staying in the area for four or five days after taking delivery so I will have time to check for any obvious issues and get them sorted hopefully before returning to Skye.

Touareg, along with the CC and Phaetons that were built there could be picked up from the VW glass factory in Dresden in a grand unveiling ceremony with covers being removed and lights and music, a true occasion. 

Perhaps we should petition Marie's dealers to give a similar experience on hand over(grand unveiling) in honour of her service to this forum whilst waiting!  :dance:

That'll be the one!

I guess when you're spending that much on a car they want to make it special.

No idea what they paid for theirs... Can't have been cheap as it was a new model 3.0 TDI with the 8 speed auto box and loads of options.

Good luck with picking the Yeti up. It's exciting picking a car up but never picked up a brand new car so that must be REALLY exciting.

Love the isle of skye btw!

Phil

• Like 1

Excellent list from Johann. Perfect timing as I'm compiling my own checklist ready for the big day. Yet another demonstration of the fantastic support that the Yeti crowd have provided during the pre- and post- order period. Thank you.

• Like 1

Hi MarieK, great news hope it all goes extremely smoothly. We are taking our grandson up to Derbyshire next week so we'll keep an eye our for a new white Yeti whose driver has the biggest grin.  :)  

• Like 1

Hope you enjoy it. Our white Monster is off to France for four weeks on Friday, so you'll be an old hand at Yeti care once we return!

• Like 1

450 miles, that's a lot of miles. I remember a few years ago we did Bury to Glamis Castle then over to Inverary all in a day. Just over 700 miles on a sunday. would'nt mind doing that again if I could afford the fuel!

• Like 1

The first part of the journey from Skye to Glasgow although very scenic, is the most tiring part. Once I get on to the motorway its cruise time.

At least it should be a nice day for a drive.

Sunglasses, aircon, cold drink, music.

The drive back next week (in the yeti) should be even better  :rofl:

• Like 4

You have allowed plenty of time so I suggest you use it for a gentle trip. I've done 450 and more miles in a day on occasions and it does take some doing without being below par on the next day. By all means crack the first day but go easy on yourself  thereafter and avoid driving when you are tired-it isn't fun and can lead to mistakes.Have a lovely trip!

• Like 2