Kodiaq Lease deals

aldouk

I'm about to sign for one thats the same spec as that, but it's 3x24 at £320 inclusive. 36 months works out the same.

I'd rather be paying £281 though, that's a hell of a deal.

Edit, is that the 4wd? I can get a 2wd in that spec for £303, or the 4x4 for £320

That is 2wd dsg, I can get 4wd dsg £301.41 or Edition dsg 2wd £301.88 or Edition dsg 4wd £319.88 ... Looks like I'm £20 a month less across all options. The dealer is basically doing everything for me at 4x23 to reduce the monthly figure and they are going to pay one of the upfront payments, so I pay 3x23. I'm happy to PM you the quotes on Saturday so you can bash your dealer over the head with them and get it cheaper.

My advice would be to keep the term as short as possible when ordering a launch vehicle without seeing it, in 2 years there could be something else you like more, better specs, options, trim, version etc etc.

That is 2wd dsg, I can get 4wd dsg £301.41 or Edition dsg 2wd £301.88 or Edition dsg 4wd £319.88 ... Looks like I'm £20 a month less across all options. The dealer is basically doing everything for me at 4x23 to reduce the monthly figure and they are going to pay one of the upfront payments, so I pay 3x23. I'm happy to PM you the quotes on Saturday so you can bash your dealer over the head with them and get it cheaper.

Yes please!

Hi All,

I've been watching this thread with interest, I used to own a Superb and currently have an A6 Avant black edition on PCP. Having done the sums I've realised it doesn't make sense to pay off my A6 factoring depreciation and the final balloon payment plus extended warranty. 

I had not really considered PCH until recently as I never really thought it would be cost effective, I get a car allowance for work and very rarely keep cars for longer then 2 - 3 years so I think it makes sense plus allows me to keep my balloon payment money in my ISA.

I've run through a lot of sums and calculations and this definitely appears the way for me to go over outright ownership, can someone help with answering the following:

• Like PCP - What happens if the car is written of early and their is a shortfull between the insurance company valuation and value of the car? Is there a principle of GAP insurance and if so would experienced PCH leasers take it?
  • I've read you cannot take the car out of the country or may need to seek permission, I may be going skiing, summer holidays etc. Does this cause an issue

Thanks for you help.

I'm looking at the Kodiaq Edition 190 DSG and I've seen some very attractive deals 

Edited by Sw1

Hi All,

I've been watching this thread with interest, I used to own a Superb and currently have an A6 Avant black edition on PCP. Having done the sums I've realised it doesn't make sense to pay off my A6 factoring depreciation and the final balloon payment plus extended warranty.

I had not really considered PCH until recently as I never really thought it would be cost effective, I get a car allowance for work and very rarely keep cars for longer then 2 - 3 years so I think it makes sense plus allows me to keep my balloon payment money in my ISA.

I've run through a lot of sums and calculations and this definitely appears the way for me to go over outright ownership, can someone help with answering the following:

• Like PCP - What happens if the car is written of early and their is a shortfull between the insurance company valuation and value of the car? Is there a principle of GAP insurance and if so would experienced PCH leasers take it?
  • I've read you cannot take the car out of the country or may need to seek permission, I may be going skiing, summer holidays etc. Does this cause an issue

Thanks for you help.

I'm looking at the Kodiaq Edition 190 DSG and I've seen some very attractive deals

I have a superb on pch. The main difference is that the cars price is discounted at the front of the deal so in my case skoda provided the car to VWFS at just over 18k. The list price was nearer 22k I think. Then after my two year lease they will release it to skoda dealer network to try and recoup as much of the initial discount as possible in its secondhand price.

I didn't take gap as you never own the car. When I read my small print I am only liable to VWFS for its market rate if written off. As my ins co pay market rate I took a risk to let them argue it out if the worst happens. I'm probably in the minority though.

With regards to taking the car out of the country you just have to ask the owners permission. VWFS told me it would be fine for 2 weeks, others I've heard have been asked for "admin" fees from their lease co's though.

Guys, does any of you have a dealer that can deliver in April? I have a reasonable quote from Simpsons but they say delivery currently only May.

Thanks.

Not so much a dealer, but a broker?

Hi All,

Thanks for you help.

Ant comment on the write off thing. I'm sure that I read somewhere the lease comes to an end and you have to make the shortfall if your insurance company doesn't cover cost of car. I didn't opt for GAP on mine.

Also I've taken mine out of the country a few times. I guess if you wanted t be sure a quick call will confirm it. I've never bothered to call.

• Administrators

May is the date being issued. Skoda have had issues before where dates slip. If they arrive sooner it will be good news, if later than suggested, bad.

I can get our guy to work any combinations out. Drop me a pm or an email, with the requirements. I'm pretty sure after this week of calls, emails and number crunching, we're within a few pounds of most brokers, only without the broker   :)

Ant comment on the write off thing. I'm sure that I read somewhere the lease comes to an end and you have to make the shortfall if your insurance company doesn't cover cost of car. I didn't opt for GAP on mine.

Also I've taken mine out of the country a few times. I guess if you wanted t be sure a quick call will confirm it. I've never bothered to call.

I have read this multiple time too, however, I am unsure how this would work, for the simple reason, say we agree to take a least at £300 per month, even if we take it on the chin that we have to make up the difference, we have only budgeted on an agreement for £300 a month and thats the contract we signed, its unlikely that I will have £1000's in the bank to suddenly give to the finance company because THEY ended the agreement early. Unless they would give you the option of paying the debt off over the remaining months?

With the Kodiaq I have ordered for real the above example applies, should the worst happen I wont have £1000's (admittedly I know the gap will unlikely be that large but humor me here and assume it is) I have budgeted my monthly all fine but what if they cancel the lease and demand I pay the difference right there and now, are there any rights to assume I have a 'reasonable' amount of time to pay the difference in accordance with the agreement?

And Yes.. I know this is what GAP insurance is for, let just pretend GAP Insurance doesn't exist for a second.. so how would the above work out?

Edited by DarkKnight54

For some reason I cant edit my last post?  :dull: :

Was just going to say, the above scenario is based on someone else crashing into me where I was not the cause of the accident, but my car was written off. It might be worth hearing what people have to say on either scenario?

Firstly most insurance companies operate a policy of full value if it's a write off in the first year, sometimes two. If yours doesn't just find one that does I belive most do.

Secondly I don't see how you could ever be out of pocket even of they only pay the market value. Given that the whole concept of PCH is that you are paying the depreciation costs and getting nothing to show for it at the end, i cant envisage an insurance firm being able to claim that the car was worth less than the remaining credit, and since you don't own the car anyway all the cash goes to skoda.

You need to check the wording of the lease agreement carefully, apparently they vary quite a lot between finance companies in a total loss scenario.

For Simpsons Skoda, they are using AXA for the Finance, however I wont see it until near handover so I wont see it until then. Im sure given its VAG Finance it is fair but for obvious reasons I will be checking it line-by-line.

• Like 1

Anybody got any prices for a Skoda, Kodiaq Diesel Estate 2.0 TDI SE L 5dr DSG [7 Seat] with added child pack please?

£328 pcm on a 3 + 35 for this exact car plus other extras (£475 worth) direct with Skoda dealer so no other fees.

PM Colin D with your spec or ask your local dealer for assistance on initial payment via cash back or similar.

Anybody got any prices for a Skoda, Kodiaq Diesel Estate 2.0 TDI SE L 5dr DSG [7 Seat] with added child pack please?

£328 pcm on a 3 + 35 for this exact car plus other extras (£475 worth) direct with Skoda dealer so no other fees.

PM Colin D with your spec or ask your local dealer for assistance on initial payment via cash back or similar.

• Like 1

Just to say huge thanks to Colin D for getting me a nice deal on an Edition 1.8TSI DSG 4x4. This is what I went for below:

SKODA KODIAQ 2.0TSI EDITION 4X4 DSG

Business Grey metallic paint

Beige interior

Adaptive Cruise Control

Canton Sound System

Front and rear Parking Sensors

Panoramic Sunroof

Personal Contract Hire: 3+35 @ £394.34 inc VAT

10,000 miles per annum.

Colin - thank you wine on the way...hope anyone else who Colin helps out can contribute in a similar way...:)

• Like 1

Guys, does any of you have a dealer that can deliver in April? I have a reasonable quote from Simpsons but they say delivery currently only May.

Thanks.

Yes. But I did place order in December.

On 12/01/2017 at 23:39, peterdudas said:

A broker is fine too.

Lings cars offered me delivery in April. This was a month ago now though. 

Ill deffinately be be waiting for the RS/VRS version to come out.