UK Kodiaq Configurator now Live

Madness how lane assist is standard on the top spec, but ACC is an option!

I've just received Slovenian prices. Things that are optional in most of the EU countries (offering Kodiaq) are part of the standard equipment here. And TDi 190 HP 4x4 DSG Style costs 34820 € (29270 GBP). With 5 seats!

• Administrators

This is the problem of product managers developing in isolation of real users.

Every option or standard item is setup as that, the cynical one says the crazy options, might be options because everyone will want them, so it's easy $$.

Then again, I don't see many SUV's parked nose in at car parks... and those I do, take up how shall we say, more than 1 space :D

Noticed an additional model I.e. SE Technology is now included. Despite keeping track with all the blurb and reviews it's the first I've heard of it. Anyone have any additional info?

Noticed an additional model I.e. SE Technology is now included. Despite keeping track with all the blurb and reviews it's the first I've heard of it. Anyone have any additional info?

it's their business range for all the other models so i guess it will come in the kodiaq. 

https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/brochure_seTechnology.pdf

Has anyone found a way of deleting the 7 seat option in the higher powered/ decent spec-ed cars yet?

I'd want the 2500kg towing weight that comes with the 5 seat model but also lots of power (because I'm towing) and most of the toys....

I would have expected a no cost delete option - I also need 2500kg to tow a horse trailer and moving from a Superb L&K (which tows 2200kg !) I will miss the spec.  L/rover offer this option on the Discovery Sport, and the new Tiguan will tow 2500kg as well.  Missing a slice of the market which many other mnfrs have woken up to.

• Like 1

Is the current spec just the 'customer test' to see what the reaction is and subtle changes will follow in a few weeks time?

Having been caught be the options snafus when the Superb 3 launched (factory delivering wrongly built cars despite orders being correctly made) I'm going to wait a while! My S3 has the wrong headlights and I am still waiting for it to be fixed.

RE post #13.

Skoda CZ have been fitting the wrong lights for over a decade to many models, even 2nd and 3rd generation models are as crap as the first models.

Dipped Bean not fit for purpose to many models that people might roadtest during the day, buy or order and then find they are pathetic, 

or it is 3 years and MOT time before the misalignment is discovered.

Changing the sh!te bulbs fitted OEM is seldom 'Simply simple',  you need tiny hands and someone 'Simply Clever'. 

Lets see this time if any Road Testers or Journalists test Kodiaq & basic spec Kodiaq on dark UK roads.

Edited by Offski

LED lights are an option for Kodiaq.

Superb II suffers from too short (even dangerously short) low beam. High beam is ok.

Superb III suffers from weak low and high (according to finnish journalists) beams.

All xenons.

LEDs can change the play of course.

• Administrators

Not now, but after the initial rush... ( there isn't one ) you can begin to look towards 33k, then 30k in course. I think. Still one heck of a lot of money.

I can't say if it's worth it, as I've not tried one yet. I thought the superb line was, I would buy one, but it was marginal. It would only need a few peer marques to change tact slightly, maybe free indicators etc ;).

well, dont know about other models, but fabia 2/ romster, and fabia FL (RS with black package, and monte carlo) which have bi halogen lenses have excellent low and high beam, with chinese xenon fitted....at least that is my experince....but I repeat, bi lenses with xenon fitted only

Another interesting thing: looks like kodiaq wont have full LED back lights in lower levels of equipement, what does Rear Lights High mean? I tried to buld Kodiaq Edition on skoda uk configurator, but it seems you have to pay 375 if you want camera and rear full LED? In czech it is also Rear Led High some option, even in top model. Correct me if I am wrong....but it seems stupid, at least for me to upgrade such a car with aftermarket chinese LED bulbs....shame for superb mk3 also...

Another interesting thing: looks like kodiaq wont have full LED back lights in lower levels of equipement, what does Rear Lights High mean? I tried to buld Kodiaq Edition on skoda uk configurator, but it seems you have to pay 375 if you want camera and rear full LED? In czech it is also Rear Led High some option, even in top model. Correct me if I am wrong....but it seems stupid, at least for me to upgrade such a car with aftermarket chinese LED bulbs....shame for superb mk3 also...

I believe the LED 'high' taillamps are full LED (inc. reverse & indicators) while the base LED ones are LED brake light/running light only