Everything posted by StevesTruck
-
Recovered Stolen car… now it gets hard..
Stupid question, but do Mk3's have an unlock button by the handbrake? It might be easier to hit with a bit of fencing wire than anything else. Not sure if they still work with the car deadlocked, but anything's worth a go. Or is the boot release an old fashioned cable pull? Should be relatively easy to get with a bit of pallet banding, especially if you can wedge/airbag the door out a little?
-
Recovered Stolen car… now it gets hard..
Is it manual windows in the back or electric, same for the boot popper? If it were me, I'd start by trying to pop the bonnet or wind a manual window down with a bit of stiff fencing wire. Last resort, I'd probably feel happier about breaking the window regulator than the glass and just give that open passenger window a solid push straight down. Just be aware that when you reconnect power, there's a chance that the car may relock itself. A half decent locksmith will probably have a pick for the lock, so should at least be able to open the car and release the steering lock without damage. The picks are available online and not particularly hard to use.
-
Starts for 2 seconds
I'm just wondering if the issue was with the cam sensor's wiring rather than with the sensor - is that code still there? Was that the one that said open circuit, or was that something else? I always say silly stuff first - have you checked all fuses?
-
Starts for 2 seconds
Petrol or diesel? Any codes since the sensor's been changed? Any ideas what the other codes were?
-
Elektronika probléma
Witam - sorry, my Polish is not good enough to type a reply It sounds like quite a large electrical connection is not making a good circuit. Check your battery connections are all clean and undamaged. Then move onto the big fusebox in the engine bay. Examine the biggest fuses carefully, as they can develop small breaks. Then generally make sure all the connections in there are good. Have you scanned the OBD?
-
Need quater panel
StevesTruck replied to Seanconsidne's topic in Skoda Favorit, Skoda Felicia, Skoda Fun and Skoda FormanThere's 2-3 thicknesses of steel around the turret, it might not be a bad as it looks. It could be worth chipping what you've got back in case the bottom one's still solid, in which case, it's not too bad to plate the other layers back in.
-
Brake shoe replacement
You can get them off with just the bottom spring removed, but yeah, easier if you take the hub off, it's a taper fit, so no need for presses or special tools or anything.
-
Insurance, is it legal robbery?
We had a similar one with our company van a few years ago. Third party insurer accepted responsibility and our estimate on the phone, then didn't send any of the promised paperwork. Ended up with me sending a letter before action to them and their customer, which rattled enough cages to get a cheque our to us really quickly.
-
Subframe corrosion
That's a suspension arm, they're cheap enough, I'd be more bothered about the bit it's bolted on to.
-
New tyres wheel nut at angle.
At least that's all it was!
-
New tyres wheel nut at angle.
Are you sure it's not just a plastic nut cover that's not on properly? I've seen some serious tyre monkey-ry, but getting a wheel bolt that cross threaded would be a huge achievement.
-
Rear brake om Fabia with drum brakes.
I use an old fashioned "belt it with a hammer" impact driver for disc/drum retaining screws. As long as the screw head's not wrecked before I get there, it works every time.
-
Install Polo GTI Rear Seats in Fabia VRS, Fittment Issues!
6R GTI, I think.
-
What's seeing off all the Fabias?
That's a bit of an odd one for me. To me, if I get in something mk2 Fabia sort of era, the tech feels out of date, whereas the Mk1 just doesn't really have any to age it.
-
Intermitent ABS sensor fault after changing wheel bearings
We've had it on a mini before where we bought cheap hubs and the magnet didn't give a decent pulse to the sensor. I don't know if SKF are what they used to be any more, or have just become another Eurocarparts "Quality" brand. I normally stick with Febi. Also, always worth giving the cables down to the sensors a really good check for damage. They can look ok, but have a split in when you flex them about a bit.
-
Rear Brake Caliper Piston Issue
Squirt some of our favourite release spray in behind the outer seal and leave it to soak overnight. Grab the piston with a pair of grips and give it a rotational wiggle back and forwards before you put the windback on.
-
Squeaky front shocks, should I be worried?
Probably just a bush, but yeah, worth getting it looked at before you go.
-
Vauxhall Corsa rental experience
I think that's just Stellantis saying "GM aren't going to sue us now, lets just make everything look like a Camaro" I don't mind, I like the way Camaro's look, particularly suits the big Peugeot saloon (408?).
-
What's seeing off all the Fabias?
Sounds like dad's SDI, the paint's that flat and swirly that you could probably put another coat straight on without scotching it.
-
What's seeing off all the Fabias?
Going by the ones I've seen getting scrapped lately, inner sill rust and adding more boost than the owner has talent for.
-
High Mileage MKIII Octavia 2.0 TDI a crazy pick?
150k's not high, but it all depends how it's been looked after.
-
Big trucks can go electric ! Phenomenal video from Fully Charged re Australian trucks being converted from Fossil to Lecky - 100 Ton towing,no problem !
Especially when you consider how far fuel has to be transported in some parts of Aus.
-
Vauxhall Corsa rental experience
I did ask that question, and got told not when it's raining this heavy.
-
hi all
😲 That's some going! Well done on keeping it healthy for so long!
-
Vauxhall Corsa rental experience
I'm suprised it's metal. I think they're a shared platform with a Peugeot 208, so I expected plastic wings. I had to drive one of these on an assessment drive for a job I was going for, and it was terrible. I'm just under 6foot and I couldn't get the seat in any kind of position where it was low enough for me to see forwards without a massive obstruction in my view where the rear view mirror was. It'd got no feel of connection to the road, at one point I was doing commentary and I said "I'm aware I'm doing 10mph under the speed limit, that's because I don't trust the car. I would feel comfortable doing 70mph in another vehicle." passed the assessment though.