Everything posted by StevesTruck
-
Armoured Superbs.
I drove an ex-police sprinter once, those windscreens are like the reverse of an anadin. Guaranteed headache with every drive
-
Car killed by tree... 2nd hand advice 😂
I have a 1.6tdi in a polo. It's alright, but you need to accept that sooner or later you're going to be replacing injectors. Wouldn't be my first choice of engine, but if it's what's available in budget, there's far worse stuff out there.
-
A quick hello!
Clean looking truck I like that a lot. I love the cube vans when they're lowered. I think the caddy forum exists again (I have a couple of Seat Inca;s.... strangely also sold as a Caddy at exactly the same time and the Felicia pickup was), but last time I looked it was very, very quiet.
-
Fabia VRS LE Register Part Trois
All they do the first one or two times is write to you and tell you off anyway.
-
Starter failure
I'd start by giving things a thorough inspection first for signs of being the source of the smoke, was there a little or a lot? Any wiring looking crispy? Check voltage and load test the battery, even if it's just as far as sticking the headlights on and see if they go dim over 30 seconds/1 min. Once that's done, get a helper to turn the car over and see if you can hear the starter solenoid click. Check fuses, clean connections, see if there's a voltage at the solenoid/exciter wire. I believe this is meant to be 12v, someone else said 5v though, so verify. Then if it is 12v, and it's easy to get to, bodge a test wire to it to see if it drops the solenoid and turns over. If everything else is good, get someone to turn the key and give the starter motor a smack
-
Mrs Higgins (citigo emissions MOT fail)
What car have you got? Did they give you a copy of the emissions print out? Failing that, what's the exact failure described as on the fail sheet?
-
Fabia Mk2 Tdi 1.4 2009 130k dead; what next?
Stick 12v to the lift pump, pull the hose off the filter.
-
the truth about electric cars
The transits electric isn't it? Seem to remember the range is really low on them. I've had a few DPD notifications saying that my delivery is on its way in an electric van..... The depots about 50 miles away if you don't go anywhere else on the way, strangely always shows up in a diesel.
-
Anyone know what make this car is at all?
Looks like the shell is derived from a Daewoo Matiz, have a look on AliBaba / AliExpress, you can probably get one for the price of a decent lawnmower.
-
DISCS.
I've been pretty unimpressed with Brembos in recent years. Performance hasn't been amazing, loose fitment on pads making them rattle, definitely not what they used to be. I just fit something along the lines of ATE or TRW now, loads cheaper and they're basically OEM anyway. The eurocarparts brands (Pagid and whatever they call the cheapo ones) are just dog****. I always used to fit Mintex, only stopped because I switched parts suppliers, my brother still uses them and says they're decent.
-
Windscreen Washer Unit Replacement
I believe the filler neck detaches from the tank. Have a look on an online parts catalogue like 7zap and it should show you.
-
Visually etc. My car of the day -today
Reminds me of a Mitsusoka? Viewt where they grafted a jag front end on a Micra. I'm guessing it's a chopped MX5?
-
2010 superb electric seat malfunction ...ie moving when parked AND when driving !!!!
No specific knowledge of your car, but it's probably worth spraying some contact cleaner in the seat controls.
-
Help! Do I need to leave my spare wheel in a vehicle due to be collected by Copart?
A lot of them do take them to copart, generally if it's clearly going to be an economic write off, rather than go to the lengths of sending the assessor out all over the place, when they can just walk down a row of cars in the yard, or use coparts own assessor.
-
Help! Do I need to leave my spare wheel in a vehicle due to be collected by Copart?
My suggestion would be have a browse on copart's auction for a cars like yours and see what the PAV is listed as,
-
Help! Do I need to leave my spare wheel in a vehicle due to be collected by Copart?
If you let them play that game they've got you against the wall to start with. I'd be adopting the "it's not going anywhere til it's been paid for" stance. They can send an assessor out.
-
'Electric Cars or Vans' Towing in the UK. Any reviews or video reviews, anyone's experience etc.
We had to tell a customer on our campsite that - no, you can't "just" plug your EV in a "spare" hookup and charge it for free as whenever you want while you're on our campsite. 🙄
-
Octavia MK3 - undercarriage paint type
It's overpaintable stone chip. If you're not bothered about an exact match, you can get aerosols that aren't bad.
- DSG strange behaviour
-
Superb mk2 starting problems.
That many sensor errors would make me think that there's a loose multiplug in the engine bay or damaged wiring.
-
Rear Beam Axle failed - need guidance please
Probably a sensible, if unfortunate, decision if you've got to get someone to do the work. There's a lot of labour involved in building the rear axle up on these, and you can't be sure how good the mount points really are until you drop the axle off.
-
My car just dropped a piece I dont know what it does
I'd probably go through all the heater settings and look for something not working (hot/cold standard/recirc various output directions).
-
My car just dropped a piece I dont know what it does
My guess, and it is a guess would be one of the heater flaps.
-
Oil sump pictures 1.6tdi
There's a few of the inside of the sump and bottom end on my build thread for my Polo over on clubpolo if that helps? https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/topic/359345-something-modern-6r-16tdi-3dr/?do=findComment&comment=2739562
-
What cars does the fabia VRS share the wheel hub with
Ibiza, Polo and Fabia share the hubs. Careful though, there's two sorts. Most fabias use the FSIII calipers so have the carriers built in the hub. The VRS uses a bigger caliper and a different hub. If you're getting them off an Ibiza, its a bit of a lottery which have which brakes.