Everything posted by 26DIPP
-
Rear parking assistance
Hi, If you can, do a DTC check.
-
Recommended VAG Specialist in Leicestershire
I have been to the Lion garage in Leicester a few times. They are o.k. For our DSG oil change I went to the dealer. The price then was not much different.
-
Disappointed in off road performance
Floor it on slippery ground. Since the Haldex Gen4 the system engages preemptively, i.e. when you start driving off or when you are accelerating from a steady speed the rear wheels will get more power through the Haldex clutch. The Haldex controller gets inputs from the ECU and even before there is slip on the front wheels the rear wheels kick in if "asked" for by the ECU. The Haldex is disengaged when braking and when the handbrake is on.
-
Noise when breaking
If everything is new - discs, pads and even calipers - has your son acidentally twisted the calipers on the brake hoses? If this is from the front axle I would put the front end on exle stands and run the engine / wheels and brake trying to replicate the noise at "standstill".
-
failed MFSW(Multi-function steering wheel) retrofit
Are you working with the correct wiring diagrams? I looked into retrofitting heated seats from a Polo and found that the Polo and Fabia BCMs are different in function and pin outs. You can use clues from one car to the next but carbon copy is tricky.
-
Fuel Gauge Calibration?
You just need to be brave and patient when the fuel light comes on and keep going.
-
2021 F1 Discussion
And this states what?
-
2021 F1 Discussion
Norris must have watched the MotoGP race in Austria where Brad Binder stayed out in the rain and won on slicks whereas everybody else came in for rain gear. He was going round some corners at walking pace but did not drop the bike.
-
2021 F1 Discussion
Mercedes should have kept Bottas and asked Hamilton to move on.
-
Rear view camera
I put a high RVC into our SII. There are a couple of write ups on the forum. You will also need to code the car.
-
Tape for vinyl seat cover
Thanks for the replies. Is the tenacious tape flexible?
-
Tape for vinyl seat cover
I refurbished my bike seat with a nice new cover. I need to cover the staples so that they do not scratch the tank and side panels. Does anyone know what flexible tape would stick really well to vinyl? I have tried duct / gaffer tape, electrical cloth tape and also sticky spray, which left a bit of a sticky mess - the spray not me.
-
UK not GB number plates
At worst you will get stopped and fined....
-
Facelift 2013 Superb Fog Lights
I have attached the FL model. Superb - fog lights.pdf
-
Front fog lamps
The wiring and the light switch might be interchangeable, but not the lights, unless you redesign the bumper.
-
Flexi connection between manifold and preexhaust pipe blowing.
Thanks for the replies, I found the old thread about your Polo. Our car is a 2009 BXW. I was hoping someone would give me the Fabia dimensions and I did not have to crawl under the car. I found your senior aftermarket place I think. They are called seniorflexonics now. I will get the car on the ramp and measure.
-
4x4 system
There are write ups on here on how to service the haldex. If you have a lift - great. I did it on 4 axle stands and it is tight and fiddly.
-
Flexi connection between manifold and preexhaust pipe blowing.
The 1.4l petrol exhaust on my daughter's FII is blowing. I tried to "cure" it with high temp gasket sealant and a heavy duty hose clip. The pre-exhaust pipe is rotating inside the flexi connection and the car sounds quite "sporty" again. The options are - new, but this pipe containing the catalytic converter is quite expensive. Weld it.... or cut the flexi pipe out and replace it with a new intersection which is clamped in like this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161759685251?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 It quotes the exhaust diameters. Does asnyone happen to know from experience or have a reference of the Fabia exhaust diameter? Fabia 1.4 pre exhaust pipe.pdf
-
Door warning and interior lights problem
-
Door warning and interior lights problem
The door locks have 3 microswitches. You could also have a broken wire problem as explained above.
-
Disable Door auto lock after 30 sec
My daughter's FII had an "autolock" feature in her car. The problem was a worn microswitch in the passenger door lock mechanism. Hers was a bit more erraitc than every 30 seconds after door closure.
- Lots of faults.
-
Creaking rear suspension, loud bang.
On a Fabia II with rear drums you can get sticky brakes.
-
rear led fog light
How can your fog lights work in isolation? Mine will only come on when I flick through the settings on the light switch, i.e. all other light being on NAD the fog light.
-
Rear washer jet
The jet points onto the rear screen. You can adjust it within 70° or so.