Everything posted by Warrior193
-
Skoda Kamiq stop/start fault and associated screen fault
I'm not sure that's a 'pixel error' - I believe it's the display indicating the possible source of the error, similar to the wheels being highlighted (except in red) when the TPMS flags pressure loss.
-
New icon after installing tow bar at factory. What does it do?
Depending on the width of the base of the triangle, I'd guess it's a guide, like the normal reversing tramlines - keep the trailer within the triangle while reversing.
-
Heated windscreen - Can you see the wires?
I have seen posts on the forum where non-genuine replacement screens have been fitted - some with issues! I'd think that would need to be discussed with insurance/fitting companies. Check the small print of the policy. Any windscreen camera will definitely require recalibration.
-
Battery issue or something more serious?
Those figures don't look too bad but you could could consider giving the battery a bit of a treat with a full charge.
-
New icon after installing tow bar at factory. What does it do?
Hello Henry, have you confirmed function of new option on reversing camera yet?
-
Heated windscreen - Can you see the wires?
Try switching it on late on a cool night, then feel if the screen changes temperature compared to side glass.
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
Re the flywheel teeth, they do take a bit of a hammering from the Bendix starter pinion, not usually too much of a problem if only the leading edge. Don't forget to add the mandatory small coil of fencing wire to the spares kit 😄
-
Nominal charging voltage 1.2TSI ?
Taking a look at OPs profile, has both Mk2 & Mk3 - the voltages quoted would be as expected for Mk3 (with stop-start) but I would be checking voltage regulation if on mk2 and a constant figure. I'd expect to see a maximum constant charge figure of 13.8 VDC and a floating charge 13.2 VDC on a standard L-A battery and alternator.
-
Nominal charging voltage 1.2TSI ?
As this is posted in Mk2 section, therefor assumed not to have smart alternator and EFB/AGM battery, I'd think that the voltage quoted to be a little high - particularly if constant. Off for a little refresher course on old battery tech.
-
Autocruise retrofit on 2024 FAbia Colour edition
Aperture should receive a flag from my post. Take a look at his project post.
-
Autocruise retrofit on 2024 FAbia Colour edition
You could try messaging @ApertureS for advice on what is possible retrofit wise.
-
Replacement engine required Skoda Super 2016 2.00 TDI
Of more than a little concern that OPs garage , unless misreported, is that they do not know correct valve drive of engine.
-
Can I disconnect the air con compressor to test the engine?
👍of course, I forgot about the TDI setup.
-
Can I disconnect the air con compressor to test the engine?
What were the symptoms of the recent break down?
-
Can I disconnect the air con compressor to test the engine?
Doesn't the serpentine belt also drive the water pump and alternator? There would be no issue in removing the belt to manually check the AC compressor, but obviously, the other ancillaries would be disabled if you were to actually run the engine.
- Skoda superb mk2 car battery bem coding
- Skoda superb mk2 car battery bem coding
-
Superb Mk2 Estate boot doesn't open fully
Most likely that the trunk gas struts have lost pressure. Usually a pretty easy DIY job to fit replacement struts - make sure you get correct pressure replacements.
-
Power steering issue
Hello, welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, they will likely ignore anything you tell them. Hopefully you haven't cleared the DTCs, see what they say. If they claim that no DTC had been recorded, show them a screen shot of fault recorded.
-
Superb Mk2 Estate boot doesn't open fully
I'm confused - you say you have Mk2 estate - video clip appears to show notch back saloon.
-
Battery issue or something more serious?
A decent DMM need not cost much and is a useful addition to the toolbox, also useful for testing fuses, lamps, etc. - in car and around the house. Something with a resolution count of 4k to 6k and it's certainly not necessary go to the heights of a Fluke.
-
Skoda superb mk2 car battery bem coding
Hello, the BEM code is not critical - just use any code available, or leave original as is. The only critical data to update the BCM is - Battery chemistry (AGM/EFB) Battery capacity (A/hrs) Alteration to last digit of existing battery serial number to flag that the battery has been replaced.
-
Battery issue or something more serious?
Yes, I was referring to stop-start - it is often a good indicator of low battery SOC when it fails to operate.
-
Battery issue or something more serious?
Very likely that the low current draw, if sleep mode inhibited, will have incremental effect - my understanding is that even a very low current draw from an unexpected source is sufficient to inhibit.
-
Petrol Engine Particulate Filter
It depends on driving conditions - as I pointed out in my last post. We have no way of knowing your normal driving conditions. If you do a little searching on the internet, there is information out there.