Skip to content

Prezafab

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Prezafab

  1. Did you read the rest of this topic... Battery...?
  2. Can't speak for the Eibachs - I had lowered ones about 20 years ago and the ride was terrible, so once bitten, never again. If it's ride improvement, I would have a really good read of all tyre reviews, and not 'just' what people say they have. I had a Volvo hybrid which was very stiffly sprung, so was terribly crashy on local potholed roads, but fine on smoother A roads. I actually ended up buying (counter-intuitively) 18 rather than 17 wheels but fitting some very soft sidewall tyres that tyre review.com and other owners rated highly for ride comfort. I had never heard of them but we're cheap enough to take a gamble. Debica Presto made by Goodyear. Maybe you can find one that works for the Yeti ? I've stuck to Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons and Michelin Cross Climates so far on our Yetis, as the ride is ok but not brilliant in my view.
  3. Ok, the 1.8 can clog up and have valve problems, buy the 1.2 and get a re-map. Will that do ? However,when the 1.8 first came out, I test drive one alone around the dual carriageway of Milton Keynes and severely upset a driver of a brand new SLK200, who couldn't get past...
  4. I'm a bit gutted I can't go on Saturday because of family health issues. It's a great place to see some modern classics and even definitely not classics. If anyone is going, please let me know if there were any of the following:- Toyota Tercel 4wd estate Mazda 323 4wd turbo Skoda 130 ...
  5. I hope it's good for you. If you get chance to drive it, you'll find that they handle really well as a 4x4. Not Impreza-well, but far better than they deserve to - I've held some much quicker cars at bay on country roads !
  6. Try turning the steering wheel from full lock to lock, and driving back and forward a couple of car lengths.
  7. We replaced our previous 2015 Yeti's with Bilstein shocks, Sachs springs and Febi top mounts. Can't say it felt any different from the originals, which is a good thing I suppose, but no big improvements either- I thought the ride might have improved a little.
  8. Eh? Shock absorbers are listed off the LL link / diagrams...Just click front axle, steering again
  9. Just reassure them that 'if it's green, it's fine'
  10. Is that the hill hold that goes off after a couple of seconds of holding or when you hold the brake pedal to move out of park? Green lights are nothing to be worried about - it's just for information.
  11. I'm sure we probably did - Legacy Turbo 96-99 then 3 Imprezas until 2004, when company cars started, then bought this one in 2014 for fun. It's still a blast with the prodrive ECU and sports cat even though it's probably only about 240 bhp. 'Flows' along fast country roads. There should be a Yeti track day, now that would be fun. I'll offer my Impreza as pace /lead/ safety car. There could be a Clarkson-style off road section !
  12. Prezafab replied to KiNeL's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Yet another reason for holding onto my Impreza Turbo - my premium went down again despite me increasing my 'agreed value' for each of the last 4 years. Just went out for a quick blast - hilarious after the Yeti (which is great)!
  13. Sorry, not sure - someone will know. On the Audi they were in the front corners moulded into the plastic frame below where the glass sat. Nice matching pair of Mica blues. Think I'll give mine a run out to the Festival of the Unexceptional at the end of the month - I've always fancied going to see what oddballs are there.
  14. Nice. It's in Northern Ireland by the looks of it, if you fancy buying it back !?
  15. Nice photo - I wonder how many of those six are still on the road? I had them originally after the first Legacy Turbo (a great through-the-night to the Alps car!) and then bought another on to keep, ten years ago. I had two company Golf Rs with the 310ps engine, and the Impreza was as quick as long as it was in the right gear at the time. Back to the L&K, I used to use lengths of mountain bike brake cable to clear an Audi A6 drain channels, as I used to get wet front carpets every autumn, after a slight build up of dirt and rotting leaf residue.
  16. Sensible is where we got to as well in February! All of our previous Yetis had either been under Skoda warranty, or older but without a sunroof. The fact that you cannot guarantee it will solve or prevent water ingress at some point was the clincher for me to buy an SEL or SEL drive. People sealing up their roofs for good also didn't fill me with confidence. The good news is that good Yetis are still out there.
  17. We wanted an SEL Drive but settled on a good SEL, because of the above. In fact, we found a great L&K but the respected independent dealer was 4 hours away. He knew about pan roof issues (across the VW Group) and said if the warranty didn't cover any issues that arose (which it wouldnt), they'd take the car in to 'sensibly resolve'. I didn't fancy that 8 hour round trip !
  18. I hope so. I think it's a calculated risk. It's been a known problem for years for *some* cars, but despite years of posts about it, I don't think anyone has estimated how many are affected with age? At 8 years old, I would buy one if the risk was <5 in 100, but it might be 20 in 100. No-one knows. .
  19. They only imported manual 1.4 ones to the UK so it must be a 1.2. We've had a few Yetis and chose not to get an L&K just because of the roof 'risk' as it ages. I would have gambled but my other half would have hated the thought of water getting in at some stage.
  20. DMK York told us our last Yeti needed front bushes which were 'peeling out' , marked as amber on the usual Skoda condition report sheet, but 'need doing really' said the technician. It went through two more MOTs after that with zero observations, and no squeaks or rattles... We use A&A motors in Hull. We moved 45 minutes away from them, but still go back. It's a trust thing!
  21. Yes, we live on a new estate where the roads haven't been finished yet (will they ever!). I slow down almost to a stop in the Yeti for a couple of ridges in the surface, out of sympathy for the car. Whereas some of the latest SUVs just carry on regardless. The 4x4 Yeti does handle ridiculously well though !
  22. I replaced ours just before we got a 'new' Yeti in February. It's very easy. My only two learnings were:- 1) I cut off the original cloth insulation blanket as it got in the way (and pointless in UK) 2) I had 3 warning lights once I'd connected the new one up. The steering wheel icon was cleared once I'd turned the wheel from full lock to lock and driven back and forward .The others cleared, and I didn't need to plug anything in etc to clear them
  23. I think I would just speak to him or a good local garage. If it's driving ok, it's very likely to be a sensor.
  24. To add to the above, if you have a CTEk charger, I would plug it in overnight and see what happens.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.