Everything posted by Prezafab
-
struggling with 2014 standard sat nav system
From memory back in 2021 when we put the final 2020 update on, you switch on the ignition and head unit, flick the little plastic tab down on the sd card (I think) then push into the sd card slot. Then wait while it whirrs away copying files. I think it took a couple of hours so best to do it in a garage or where you can keep an eye on it with the key in the ignition. You don't need to worry about charging the car battery unless it's showing signs of being on its last legs !
-
struggling with 2014 standard sat nav system
We've just sold our 2015 Yeti with the same sat nav and the 2020 sd card was indeed the latest update. Part of the reason why we bought a newer Yeti with SmartLink as Google maps are always being updated.
-
Is there some soundproofing missing?
Not sure really but are the wheel arch liners and undertray fully intact ? I had a Subaru which was letting a lot of road noise in because the nearside liner was broken. Do you know a friendly local garage who can put in on a ramp to have a look? Our latest Yeti TDi has some wind 'rustle' from the drivers window above 60mph when the wind is in the wrong direction, but impossible to work out where it's letting the noise in...!
-
Replacing Yeti
Looks ok in a Volvo EX30 kind of way. Modern design language and all that.
-
Retro-fitting LED rear light clusters ?
Is this complicated - new connectors, wiring etc , or is it unplug the old and plug in the new? I like the the front LED running lights on our latest Yeti, and the LED rear ones look much sharper.
-
Bottom part of bumper removal
What was your technique ...?
-
Bottom part of bumper removal
I'm not sure how you can get individual barbs out once in, without having to lever the black frame plastic to the point of breaking.
-
Bottom part of bumper removal
Impossible without breaking either the black frame behind it or the slots that the silver tags for into.
-
Bottom part of bumper removal
I did wonder when looking at it.
-
Bottom part of bumper removal
Has anyone done this ? I can see that there are push pins underneath the bottom edge, but not sure where you start to ease the silver frame out of the backing ?
-
Adblue
Thanks. We have a slopey drive and a hilly road, but will try what you suggest ! How much do you normally put in at 2/2500m to go ?
-
Adblue
Reading the above - do I top up at 2500m and how much would it take ? Asking as Just got out latest Yeti. My Audi is really specific and you cannot top up as and when - exact amounts after a specific message etc. I think the Yeti is more laid-back , as usual !?
-
Best Skoda ever?
Ok, number 8 collected (4x4 dsg diesel) and driven 5 hours home. 48mpg at 'pressing-on' speed. The rest is pure Yeti. It's not a posh Audi like the other household car, but it's still comfortable, enjoyable to drive and in some ways all the better for the lack of pretence about it. Good in unexpected puddles too !
-
Best Skoda ever?
We're due to collect our eighth Yeti between us - the latest I could find for sale, from Dec 2017. My other half wasn't blown away by a used Karoq, and really didn't like the Kodiaq I had once. There are more and more people chasing fewer and fewer good, well-specced used Yetis. I almost got tempted by an L&K but that roof is the only real major flaw in the Yeti design (sometimes). If you have a good one, keep it. If you are looking, SEL Drive or SEL are fine.
-
New Yeti Owner DPF Question
Well I've never had a DPF or EGR valve problem in all the years I've been using Miller's DPF cleaner and/or Millers diesel Powermax. Maybe you should email [email protected] and ask them ?
-
Front silver plastic on Outdoor - options ?
... Already have ! Black wrap it is then.
-
Front silver plastic on Outdoor - options ?
We're getting another Yeti but my other half doesn't like the silver plastic 'bull bar effect" at the front, so I was thinking about a black vinyl wrap. Then I saw this chin trim which I've never seen before - can you buy this or was it a City trim option??
-
Car covers
We've never covered any of our Yetis, but my experience of outdoors car covers is based around keeping an old Subaru Impreza Turbo dry and rust-free ! :- 1) Get the heaviest weight cover you can find (many eBay and Amazon ads will state this). 2) Cotton / fleece lined inside 3) Decent straps to the under the body and over the roof. 4) Put 2 covers on top of each other if covering without moving car for a few weeks. If you do all that, it won't lift or blow away, it won't scratch the paint, and the water won't soak through and sit on the paint !!!
-
Hanging on to the current Yeti ..?
I doubt that your Yeti will need much doing to it for another 3 years to be honest. On PHEVs , we had a used Volvo for 2 years which I've recently traded in. It was fun driving around for 25 miles on electric and maximising "mpg" while still not worrying about having to charge away from home. I had no issues, but the battery warranty lasted 8 years, my extended warranty was due for renewal and the air conditioning compressor was notorious for failing, which cools the battery - so the car stops if it breaks. I would buy another PHEV with at least 2 years warranty.
-
New Yeti Owner DPF Question
The only DPF additive I've used is the Miller's one which lowers the temperature that re-gens kick in, so you don't have to take it for a thrash down the motorway first.
-
Hanging on to the current Yeti ..?
Based on our recent, extensive searching for another Yeti I would say it's worth what you paid for it and a £14000 retail price. Our 2015 Black Edition TDI 4x4 DSG is advertised for £8k, but low mileage ones are still commanding £12/13k.
-
Adding SmartLink on Bolero (late model Yeti)?
Thanks - how much was it, roughly ? Just checking - does yours have a 'Mute' button (instead of 'Nav')?
-
Would you risk buying an L&K ?
Sounds great, we would have been very interested, but went for another one yesterday (see above). Don't tell anyone else you're selling yet ! - if there's a problem with the next one for us, collecting Weds, I'll be in touch !!! In all seriousness, I have some great, up to date experience of buying and selling Yetis:- This will be the 4th we've put a deposit on in the last couple of weeks. So - prices, availability, dealer markups etc, I'm your man ! It helps that we've owned six Yetis between us when going for another one.
-
Adding SmartLink on Bolero (late model Yeti)?
We've finally sorted a replacement Yeti that has everything we want, apart from satnav. It's a late 2017 SEL with the Bolero head unit but without the Smartlink option installed. I'm presuming that it's possible to get this installed or activated now, but at first glance I can only see the later (post-Yeti) Skoda touch screens as being possible. Is it a dealer possibility of do I need to retrofit at a specialist? Sorry if asked before as not clear.
-
Would you risk buying an L&K ?
Thanks everyone for your advice. We have decided to go for an SEL rather than L&K or SEL drive. Now, does anyone know if it's possible to add SmartLink to the Bolero to get Google Maps ? 😚