Skip to content

Alasdair1

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Alasdair1

  1. I had probems with my sons fabia clutch kit. There are two sizes available but emailed LUK (Schaeffler) with detais etc and they came back within a few hours to confirm fitment. They were very helpfull and very quick at getting back to me. Alasdair
  2. If the bush is 72mm then I would reckon the hole should be just very slightly smaller (fraction of mm) to get a tight fit. 4mm I reckon is way too much difference unless they are rubber. What fabia have you got. engine plus age and is it an estate? Alasdair
  3. Not sure if it will work but might be worth changing ECU relay/fuse. If its failing it would explain why it happens when hot. Think its in the unit near battery but not exactly sure which one it is. Alasdair
  4. Might be a break in wire but I assume it would throw up an error code as before if the wiring was faulty. Try disconnecting battery for a while and reconnecting. It should reset the car. Also check the strip fuses in front of battery for hairline cracks. They are sometimes almost impossible to see. Alasdair
  5. I know. My son ended up taking the old filter into our local motorfactors to get the right one. The original one he got was square but the one fitted is a different shape. Alasdair
  6. My sons fabia has a choice of two different ones. Best option is to remove yours and match up with whats available. There may even be a part number on the old one for cross ref. Alasdair
  7. Have a look at GT radial FE2. Have summer on my Octavia and there excellent. (second set) plus also on my old Seat. Son has all season on his fabia and they are excellent as well. Good in the wet and loads of grip. They are around £75-00 per tyre fitted and if you order online my tyre service gives you discount. £15 off two and £40 of four. Alasdair
  8. It could also be the antenna thats failing. Not DAB radio but my octavia stopped receiving certain stations. It was the amplifier in roof ariel that had water ingress. Alasdair
  9. I got away with just lubricating the actuator as it was sticking at a certain point and causing overboost. I hope yours is the same and its not the turbo fins that are stuck. I had to manually operate actuator for a good while before it became free again. Hope the new sensor curres the problem. Alasdair
  10. 01618 can mean wiring to (intake manifold pressure sensor)MAP sensor is faulty or sensor itself. If its the problem it would explain rough idle plus black smoke and smell of diesel. I would check wiring back to ECU and change MAP sensor. Not sure cause of 01166 but may be related. My old ocatvia used to randomly go into limp mode at higher revs. I suspected turbo veins but in my case the actuator was sticking. I sprayed it with penetrating oil and manually operated it until it was smooth and free. Problem was cured. Alasdair
  11. Thats not good coming from a garage. Reckon they forgot to order two new ones and thought they would get away with it. Hope it hasn't done any damage to bearings. I would have a word with them and if the bearings start to rumble get them to replace them. At least you noticed before it became catastrophic. Alasdair
  12. Could be as simple as a crank sensor. Get it scanned for fault codes as I am sure there will be some stored if the EML light was on and post them here. Alasdair
  13. I know the nuts your talking about exactly. When they tighten up they click but if you loosen them the tabs break off. My sons had been reused as well. Noticed when I did the front bearings. At least someone had used thread lock on them but I replaced them as the bearing kits had new ones. Reckon they will take drive shaft baack no problem as its still sealed. Glad it was a simple fix. Alasdair
  14. Not sure what turbo is fitted but personally I would leave it if its working properly. You could source a second hand one and rebuild it as a quick replacement if yours fails. I did rebuild one from a volvo 940 years ago as the fins had gone and it was burning oil but found the simplest option was to buy a new core etc Alasdair
  15. Cant be as bad as my mates Jag XK. His failed (Supposedly known fault but jag not admitting it) He had to go to Jaguar as they were the only ones who had one. Water ingress into electronic control. £4500 later!! Suposedly they have to dismantle the entire front end and then recode the rack to the car. Wont be buying a Jaguar. Good luck and keep us posted
  16. See if you can find out from mechanic what the other code is plus it might be worth checking wiring continuity on the sensors you replaced again. Alasdair
  17. First I would take starter off and inspect. Had one on an old van years ago that didnt quite disengage and sounded rattly and eventually burnt out. Lucky I didnt do any damage to flywheel gear but melted the starter. There are conversion kits I think last time I looked and from memory Valeo do a solid flywheel etc.. If its not the starter motor then I reckon its gearbox out to check unless you can get a inspection camera through starter hole to have a look. What mileage is on the car and has clutch ever been changed? Alasdair
  18. It may be that they had a fault/leak in the evap system and just removed it and blanked the pipe. Not sure if its actually needed. I believe its to do with emissions/fuel vapour etc. Non of my old cars had evap. Alasdair
  19. It could be a one of due to above. I would wait and also get it scanned with VCDS which may pick up something more detailed. If one is starting to fail it may be that when you replace it and another does the same at some point. It also depends on the quote for the new injector? I can't see it being cheap so personally I would wait but make sure your covered via AA,RAC etc. Hopefully its a one of Alasdair
  20. I agree get it scanned with vcds. P0326 could be a failing knock sensor. Alasdair
  21. I agree with mounts etc. If there ok then might be a sticking release bearing or hopefully not a problem with DMF. What mileage has the car done and you say clutch failure. Is it a new clutch or just the slave cylinder that was replaced. Alasdair
  22. I used to fit new horns sideways and downwards not forward as I reckon it helps to stop debri etc getting into them. Alasdair
  23. Not sure but had the old tyres worn fairly evenly especially rear. My old Octy rear tyres had loads of wear on the inside due to rear suspension arm bushes worn and rear alignment was out. Sounded a bit like a drone/wheel bearing. Check the swing arms at rear that the springs sit in. There are concentric bolts for alignment but if the bushes fail the alignment can cause tyre wear/noise. It was the upper bushing on mine that had gone. Alasdair
  24. If the bearings have no play and feel smooth it could be the CV joint thats wearing out. Had one that used to click/clunk at full lock. It in my case was outer one. Didnt seem to be any play but noise disappeared once I replaced it. Alasdair
  25. Not sure on yours but there are pre and post cat lamda. If thats the correct one then unclip and remove. Alasdair

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.