Skip to content

Penpusher

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Penpusher

  1. His last visit to the site was 20 February 2022, so I don't think he's likely to reply.
  2. Looking through the brochures for each year can give a guidance as to what was fitted as standard to each model and what was an optional extra. https://autocatalogarchive.com/skoda/
  3. I spoke too soon! We had a little rain last night and when I used the car this morning in the dry, it was wiping a dry screen again. It can't be bugs hitting the sensor as it was happening whilst I was reversing. Why is it still doing this if I turned off the wipers automatically working when it rains function and the wipers weren't switched on?
  4. I had this happening, even on a bright, sunny day. I went into settings and turned off the function for the wipers to automatically wipe when it rained and it's been OK since.
  5. I part exchanged my 2016 L&K TDi in October last year and it was coming up to 50,000 miles. It was quartz grey with 19" wheels and a sunroof. I don't expect it's the same car, but if you've bought this car, I can send you a copy of the invoice when the DSG oil was changed.
  6. Do you have Canton or electric passenger seat fitted in your car? If yes, the storage box is deleted as I assume there isn't enough space.
  7. On my 2016 Superb, I lost the chrome trim above the rear nearside window on a motorway near Calais in France 3 years ago. It may still be at the side of the road if anyone wants a free replacement! These trims would sometimes catch on the front doors when you opened them and I'd usually push them back if this happened, but it came off after we came off the ferry. On the deck it was noisy and the light was poor, so I may not have noticed it was loose and it came off when the wind got under it as we went faster. I asked the Skoda garage Sinclairs of Swansea to replace it for me when I had the next service and they bought one from TPS of Swansea, so you don't have to buy a window as well. Would that be an OEM one? Sorry but that's not much use to you if you're in Sydney!
  8. I changed my 2016 2.0 TDi for a 2023 2.0 TSi in October last year (both are L&K). The 2023 has reversing camera and rear wiper, neither of which were fitted to the 2016. With the 2016, reversing wasn't always easy on a wet day but now it's so easy to see what's behind when going backwards. The 2023 also has ventilated seats that weren't fitted to the 2016, so I need to wait until it's warmer to try them out, though I had them before on a 2012 Superb.
  9. Last October I went from a 2016 2.0 TDi to a 2023 TSi and I'd go along with what's been said already. I find the TSi is much more responsive and doesn't hesitate like the TDi did. I haven't made any long journeys in it yet, but we've a trip to Lithuania scheduled for later in the year that'll put it through its paces. A couple of things I don't like with the sat nav on the 2023 car are You can't enter you destination using coordinates. Before I could pinpoint the exact spot I wanted to go, but it's not so easy now. I've also noticed that if you try and put in the street name in the city where you're heading, it doesn't always pick it up, even if it's a main street. I end up adjusting the destination using the map to find where I want to go. The list of destinations are in the order you entered them and not in alphabetical order. OK, you can search for them, but the in the 2016 car it was easy to scroll down the list. Another irritation is having to change the mode to individual each time the car is started, but overall I'm pleased with it.
  10. I don't know if I'm alone here, but I liked the old fashioned analogue dials more than the dials in the virtual cockpit. They were big and clear to read and you can see both mph and kph on the same dial. The fuel and temperature dials were better than the bars than come in the virtual cockpit. There are many advantages to the virtual cockpit and its various displays, but it's a pity it can't replicate the old analogue dials.
  11. I also remember Mercedes from about 30 years ago only fitted an electric adjustable mirror to the passenger side, with the driver's mirror just having an internal lever.
  12. On our annual journeys from the UK to Lithuania to visit SWMBO's family and friends, we have taken a folding bed for SWMBO to stay with her father when she visits him alone, a computer chair for her father and a 6' Christmas tree for her nephew. Not all together, of course, but they were in addition to our luggage for 3 weeks away and a cold box in the boot plugged into the socket. There's not many cars that would swallow so much without any problems.
  13. I don't think you'll get a reply from him as he hasn't visited the site for over two years. If you look at his activity, there's been a couple of similar queries to yours over the past couple of years that haven't been answered. Sorry😣
  14. There are companies who offer to repair sat navs if you search online who could be cheaper, but I've never used any of them, so maybe someone else with experience of them can recommend a repairer.
  15. This website has many Skoda brochures to view going back as far as 1930 where you can compare what equipment was/is available over the years. It has the Superb 2024 brochure but not the 2025 brochure unfortunately. https://autocatalogarchive.com/skoda/
  16. I changed from a 2016 diesel 190 to a 2023 TSI 190 in October this year and I'd agree with all of the things in the above list that are better, though I'd add a couple of minor improvements that are useful but not essential:- Memory buttons for the passenger seat. SWMBO doesn't drive and she likes the seat as far back as it goes and the backrest reclined more than most people like, so there's not much room behind her (even in the Superb!) on the rare occasions that there's someone sitting behind her, so she has to move her seat and she always has trouble when finding her favourite position again. It also saves me from some grief if I move her seat when cleaning the car. Keyless entry for the rear doors. I often want to put my coat on the back seat before I drive off, so it saves me having to touch the front door first to open the back door. On things that are worse, I haven't noticed any problem with DSG being very reluctant to change down, I don't use Apple Carplay and I haven't used satnav yet, so I can't comment about it.
  17. I had a similar problem in 2021 and it's a mystery as to how it happened as the problem was that the bracket on the front radar cover was broken. I didn't hit anything and the message appeared as I was driving north up the A470 around Merthyr Tydfil after leaving the Cyfarthfa Retail Park. There were no other vehicles nearby and there was no sound of hitting anything in the road. In the retail car park, there's a section I always chose where the spaces are a bit wider and away from the area where most other shoppers park. It's a single row and I park in forwards to make loading the boot easier. The front is facing a small grass verge and then a hedge and there was nothing near the front of the car to damage it. If it was damaged prior to this, could it have worked for a while until the unit moved sufficiently to stop working? There's no sign of any damage on the front. It's possible it could have been kicked on the front by some yob in Cyfarthfa with nothing better to do as it was keyed on the rear nearside door in that car park about 7 years ago. I took the car to Sinclair Skoda in Swansea and they replaced the bracket and calibrated the front assist so it's all back as it should be. They charged £60.00 for the initial diagnostic and £36.00 for replacing the bracket and the calibration, so it cost me a lot less than I thought it would. They charged for only half the diagnostic fee as they found the problem without running the full test.
  18. 3¼ Million miles in an Octavia must be a record!
  19. I wonder if I'll need the update too? I notified the dealer I couldn't get it to work shortly after I had the car, so maybe I'll not have to pay if an update is needed or is that wishful thinking? I guess you're not in the UK as you mention the cost of the update in Euros? It does seem excessive if the car just sits there whilst the update is carried out as I assume nobody has to be with the car all the time it's being carried out.
  20. The UK 2021 brochure says the virtual pedal is standard on both the hatch and the estate for the L&K model. https://autocatalogarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Skoda-Superb-2021-UK.pdf
  21. Both my 2016 and 2023 models opened and closed the boot with the virtual pedal. Mine were both hatchbacks but I assume an estate should be the same?
  22. My 2016 Superb had a dimming passenger mirror, but my 2023 Superb doesn't. I believe they fitted non-dimming mirrors from somewhere between these dates, but I don't know when they stopped fitting them. I'm sure someone here'll have the answer.
  23. I too have had the same issue since I bought my car nearly 2 months ago. I tried a few times to connect when I first bought it but haven't bothered to try again for a while. The dealer made a courtesy call after I bought the car and I explained that I had this problem and he said I could book the car in so that they could sort it out, but it's 40 miles each way to their garage in Swansea, so I'll wait until I need to be in that area.
  24. I trading in my 2016 Superb earlier this month when it was 8 years old and it was still on its original battery. I never had any trouble starting and usually stop start would kick in within a few minutes of leaving home at the first junction.
  25. You can look through the manual for you car online. Don't worry about the VIN, just select previous, then Superb III. https://manual.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com/Models

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.