Skip to content

Routemaster1461

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Routemaster1461

  1. Please bear in mind that it is not necessarily enough to switch off the engine and restart to clear faults. You have to give the car's system time to power down completely. I would suggest leaving it for at least a minute before trying a restart. I have tis on a car from a different manufacturer. If I park it on a slope nose up, the oil level sensor thinks that the car is short of oil and brings up a warning. When on level ground a quick restart does not clear the fault, a longer pause does.
  2. Bear in mind that this is, in theory, illegal. A speedo can legally read high, can't remember by how much, but must not read low.
  3. I have just looked up info on MOTs on a particular company website. Unfortunately it seems to be full of half-truths and omissions. I'm not surprised an agent doesn't know the rules. Of course it may well depend on who in the agent you spoke to. Probably not the MOT tester.
  4. It used to be that if you took your car in early for its first MOT the MOT would expire the day before the anniversary of the test.This changed several years ago to the day before the anniversary of first registration. There is no need to provide a V5 to give evidence as the information should already in be in the MOT database. Interestingly, my car was first registered on 29th October last year, and I was concerned when I didn't receive a reminder during September as I thought my car was only taxed until 30th September. So I looked it up via 'is my car taxed' and it turned out it was taxed until 31st October. I wonder whether the DVLA charge the extra 2 or 3 days or whether it is essentially free.
  5. You do not need to search the menus to switch off s/s. Have a look at the switches below the heater controls. The first switch on the left deactivates s/s, but of course it will be active again next time the car is started. S/s doesn't bother me though.
  6. Advice on here seems to be: 1. Always use a 2032, whether originally fitted with one. 2. Try to use Panasonics (also recommended on forums for other manufacturers) 3. Keep a spare in you car or wallet ar preferably both.
  7. This is interesting! I had a car that I fitted with a dashcam and when I took it into the agent they unplugged the dashcam, presumably to protect the workshop staff or so you can't see how they drive your car. It may also be under GDPR rules. Also, the staff of a Gatwick carpark also unplugged a dashcam, presumably again so they can't see what they do with your car. I did notice shortly after I left and plugged it in again. It was a good job as I hasd a serious accident on the way back and wrote the car off. If they hadn't unplugged the dascam, or if I hadn't pluued it in, then I probably woudn't have had the crash. Note, I now have a car with a built-in dashcam which can't be turned off. As for loan cars with dashcam, are they protecting their car from you as a driver, or are they protecting you? Could you unplug it claiming GDPR rights?
  8. I haven't had to have a courtesy car from Skoda yet as the only visits were 'while you wait', (problem with a usb c socket and an oil change service). We have had several cars from a different manufacturer, and I don't recall (cetainly not recently) where there was a charge. One agent has obviously had problems with people using the cars and not topping up with fuel, so thay had instigated a £5 charge to cover fuel, before the latest price increases, but no charge if you put some in and gave them the receipt.
  9. Have a look at your own insurance policy. Mine covers a courtesy car with the same excess as my own car(s).
  10. Does it make any difference whether you hold the car on 'handbrake', footbrake or autobrake. In all cases I assume the engine is potentially dragging the clutch. Surely the only way is to go into neutral every time you stop. Or am I missing something fundamental?
  11. I have my usb c phone plugged into the usb c socket and it chages very rapidly. I do it that way as I can have Google Maps any time I need it.
  12. I replaced the battery in mine. The one in the key was a 2032, and I replaced with a Panasonic. The key didn't need any synching, it just worked. I now carry a spare in my wallet and one in the car.
  13. I have had this message a few times in the last few weeks. It always seemed to happen as I was driving, and it could not be started. Eventually it came up as I was in a car park with the engine off but ignition on. This time it obliged, and it was a very small update, taking less than 2 minutes to install.
  14. I have never owned a car which came with a warning triangle. Also, please bear in mind that for Spain you need 2 triangles, an also, if you need glasses for driving you need to take a spare pair.
  15. I have a car from another manufacturer, and i believe that the warranty gives access to a hire car if your own car is off the road. May be worth asking Customer Care.
  16. As far as I am aware, apart from when there are give way signs and road markings there is no official right of way. There is a video on Youtube taken from a lorry which was passing a long line of vehicles parked on the left, and just before he gets to the end a car comes in the opposite direction and stops in front of the lorry. The car driver asserts his non-existant right of way and refuses to reverse a couple of car lenghts to let the lorry out, forcing the lorry to reverse about 200 metres. Appalling behaviour.
  17. Sounds very similar to my experience in Austria in July. Only for me the screw I found had penetrated and I needed a repair. Again, ony ~3psi low, and it told me which tyre it was. My previous cars do not indicate which wheel was the issue, even though the abs system knows which wheel it is, and this could have been communicated with a few exra lines of software code. Also the pressure loss has been somewhat greater, 5-6 psi. Again this is probably a coding issue, perhaps to cut down on spurious alarms.
  18. My understanding of the OP is that the car isn't fitted with satnav, so there is no mapping to update.
  19. Thanks for clarifying this for me. I didn't realise that the controls were so differnt with and without adaptive cruise.
  20. It definately isn't the indicator stalk. It is the one you use to switch the c/c on. You don't seem to be able to activate the speed limiter using that stalk. On mine, you need to select the limiter on the central screen using the controls on the right of the steering wheel, but I rarely use it and I can't recall how to. If you do not have the digital dash then it may be different anyway.
  21. Are you sure you are using the correct switches. It sounds like you are using the indicator stalk rather than the c/c switches. If you are trying to use the correct stalk, something seems very wrong.
  22. My manual does when it first starts in te morning, but it is only from the first start from rest. I can live with it.
  23. I don't know about the Kamiq, but our Karoq has displayed on the digital dash from new.
  24. Possibly, but these cars are sold in much hotter climates than here, so I would doubt it.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.