Everything posted by Edela
-
Skoda octavia IV erorr Infotainment System Restarting
Hard to say unless we know what units are you talking about. Infotainment unit itself cost 1500. For 5000 you could swap both infotainment and its screen (and even then it seems too pricey). However, the problem may lay somewhere else. As far as my experience was and many others were reporting here, new infotainment unit together with SW 1941 or above should have been fixed that already, so need further investigation what goes wrong with your car. I would consider trying another workshop before making decision to spend so much money.
-
Infotainment Not Responding
Are you talking about 2024 FL model? If pre-FL, new H49 screens should be all fine. I'd require them to put the latest infotainment SW as well, and with such a long warranty, I see no reason to be worried.
-
Issues with SOS & adding a user
Comms module may be faulty, as well as antenna. It is very common issue and Skoda will be able to fix that. They always update software as a first measure, but it does not help those early cars. But you should claim all costs from garage which sold you the car, since they clearly sold you a faulty one.
-
Battery Drive issue
Could you show at least one? Following this forum and other social media groups for 2 years, first time I see such problem described.
-
Battery Drive issue
I guess your insurance should help you with that. As for the problem, sadly can't help, first time I hear about such on Octavia.
-
MK3 written off, should I upgrade to MK4?
The problem is, how one would know that? All we can see is SW for infotainment. They could say they flashed everything that was needed, and there's no way for us to check if they did. Also, there are many updates which are not shown as outstanding for the car, however they are put into TPIs or otherwise communicated to technicians when car comes with a problem. So dealer may be sincerely sure that all was done, while problems are yet to come.
-
No fluid in hybrid coolant header tank
Octavia does not do that. I had empty tank and error on dashboard, it still drove in EV mode no problem. When assistance came to pick up my car, they also said I could drive a bit on EV, just to exit underground parking for them to pick it up outside.
-
No fluid in hybrid coolant header tank
Are you talking about some restriction on Formentor to use HV system? Because if not, you shouldn't drive on ICE either, since it is going to regenerate and charge battery, which heats it the most. Draining battery does not heat it up much, but any sort of charging does.
-
MK3 written off, should I upgrade to MK4?
I had 15+ issues with the car which required workshops to fix, but only one was associated with the car being hybrid (coolant leak from HV circuit). So I'd say yes, reliable. For the rest, let others comment, I am too biased against these cars and dealerships selling them. In theory, more recent cars (2023 onwards) with all updates and fixes applied should be great. But browse this forums and you see people are still struggling. Not even mentioning 2020 and 2021 cars - a total disaster.
-
Driving Data resets
Car does not store this data, it is stored online. So you may loose data in case of issues with communications module (which are super common), or if Skoda is screwing up your user profile on their side. I would expect Skoda workshops to have fix for that, but if out of warranty, may be costly.
-
Adaptive Lane Assist - Do I have it?
I mean, if road prediction is turned on in the settings (which it is by default), Travel Assist will just drive for you - steering, slowing down in front of curves, changing speed according to speed limits, etc. It just does not work too great so I don't use it, but in principle it can be done. If all these things are off, it will just hold the car between the lines, and if speed is too high, it will apply brakes a bit. Though if you have no Travel Assist but only standard Lane Assist, it will intervene only when you come close to the line or road side, then you will feel a nudge on the steering wheel and on the indication the line will turn yellow. That is just a safety feature (which on this forum you must hate).
-
Adaptive Lane Assist - Do I have it?
Yes. If it is dark, it just indicates that your car sees the one in front. If it is white, it means your adaptive cruise control is locked on that car. When speed is too high it will apply brakes to slow you down in a curve.
-
Update to Version 1969
After facelift there is different tech in Octavias, nothing about pre-facelift is relevant to new cars.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Unfortunately, no. As well, 1896 was known to get one specific OTA update which was sending it into a crash loop. Idk if it is still being pushed to the cars though, but I'd ignore any updates as long as I could before getting 1941 or above.
-
iV will not shift to e-drive
It charges 12V battery when recuperating energy to HV battery, same as during charging. It does not need an engine for that.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
This is a part of the problem. Perhaps, the biggest part. Another problem is there are many HW faults, too. Apart of buggy MIBs and overheating screens, there are coolant leaks, faulty gearbox selectors, 12V drain, etc etc. That is UK specific, by the way. Here in Spain, extended warranty covers SW and electronics, too. Otherwise I'd went bankrupt or just burned the car 2 years ago.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
It is definitely not the case with 2020 Octavias. If you'd follow other boards and social media groups, you'd see there are a lot of troublesome cars and still (4 years later) a lot of cars with old software (even pre 18xx).
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Judging by the situation with other models of Skoda and VW, the problem with these cars made between 20 and 23 is that they also have a complete mess with hardware. Some modules may have been changed a few times per year for the same model. When they came to update software, they found out that they can't just roll out new software for all cars because it is conflicting with some of the hardware or it is just too weak to run it. I suspect our early Octavias may have fallen victim of the same issue. Mind you, they were swapping MIBs and screens to the same models until they ran out of stock, even though they knew these were faulty and no matter how many times they swap them, the problem stays the same. I was quite amazed to see how they were changing my MIB to run all the same updates and to have the same issue in the end, only to decide to repeat all over again.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Imagine, they are charging for 4 hours work when in reality they spend like 30 minutes, and the rest of the time car is just getting updates by itself while technician works on another car. From that point of view it is not reasonable at all. But have you other options to have stuff done? If not, then kinda reasonable...
-
They knackered my car... 😢
Having issues with electronics is one thing. Having workshops releasing car which obviously does not work is another. And frankly, apart of VAG I haven't heard many of such stories, while for Skoda it is the norm and I had to deal with it myself multiple times. I could understand if they had a test run and all was fine, and issue arose later. But myself I had to come to puck up my car just to discover it does not work right still in the workshop.
-
Octavia Style MK4 2021 multimedia screen (infotainment) gone crazy
There's so many topics on this that it is worth just browsing forum a bit. No you can't buy anything yourself. Most probably it is not infotainment unit that has to be changed, or not only it, but the screen as well. First of all, infotainment has to be updated till 1941, as well as a bunch of other updates are most probably still not applied to your 2021 car. Then you shall see to which extent it cures your issues. Please make an effort and browse the forum for a lot of details, you have very common issue.
-
They knackered my car... 😢
Welcome to the Skoda world. Isn't it under warranty? I would call Skoda Assist and make them tow the car. As well as claim replacement car until all is sorted.
-
Selector Lever
As usual, known issue so Skoda should contribute. If your workshop does not want to hear about that, contact Skoda directly.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
This one was to solve TA failures. It did not affect SW version and did not cure any other issues.
-
Octavia iV battery size?
35-40 is doable but depends a lot on roads and driving style. 3 kWh is a reserve to not discharge the battery completely, which would kill it.