Everything posted by sussamb
- Kamiq reverse lights
-
LEDPerf Discount (Black Friday)
After a tip from here I just now put my rear fogs on when reversing, makes a real difference
- Karoq parking ticket holder
- Karoq parking ticket holder
-
Advice please 2021 Karoq 2.0Tsi Sportline
Can be switched off and on in settings too
-
Advice please 2021 Karoq 2.0Tsi Sportline
4 and 5 are both settings in menu.
-
Software Update for Bolero / Kamiq 2022
How did you get the update?
-
What is your favourite thing about your Kamiq?
Happens pretty much in every car, I do what @marineboydoes
-
What is your favourite thing about your Kamiq?
Strange as mine has no rattles etc. Otherwise I agree ... fantastic car.
-
Wheel spin
Then you'll know you can provoke wheelspin on any car with too much right foot, whatever tyres you have on.
-
Wheel spin
Always amazes me when folks complain of wheelspin or lack of grip. The answer is really simple, get control of your right foot! Our Karoq is still on its original tyres and no issues with grip, as an ex blue light qualified driver I'm not slow when on the road either.
-
What is your favourite thing about your Kamiq?
I don't miss anything when I do a blind spot check. I certainly wouldn't rely on a driver aid, so if I can't rely on it there is little point of having it.
-
What is your favourite thing about your Kamiq?
Do you not have a height adjustment for the seat? Maybe it was introduced on later models as my nearly one year old car has it. As for these so called driver aids I've already made my views known on some, lane assist for example is turned off the moment I get in. Yes I can cope when it's on but can't really see its usefulness. My car doesn't have blind spot detection but again I don't see its usefulness. I wouldn't 100% trust it so would always need to do a shoulder check, so if doing that anyway why the need for a driver aid that may or may not be accurate.
-
What is your favourite thing about your Kamiq?
Really? Your eyes and brain cannot do that for you? Perhaps you shouldn't be driving at all!
-
Failed MOT
Our 5 year old Karoq is on it's original pads/discs and my one year old Kamiq is also fine, we live in Worthing so a salty atmosphere. Surprised when discs fail so early.
- Map not showing
-
Map not showing
It's why I buy the least tech model I can, also far less to go wrong!
-
Skoda Karoq ambient light.
Can't understand the need for ambient light anyway, what possible benefit is it?
-
Lane assist is dangerous
What other cars do is really of no relevance given that this is the Kamiq forum. Think there are a few here who would do better posting on the relevant forum.
-
Lane assist and stop/start,
@croquemonsieur Battery on our Karoq still OK after over 5 years. Mind you I always turn off Stop/Start so it hasn't had to deal with that!
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Well this is the Kamiq forum and that's what is being discussed. Pointless discussing what other cars do.
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Definitely not a life or death issue 😁 Two buttons presses on the steering wheel and it's off. Not an issue at all
-
Lane assist is dangerous
Fully agree, it is only a slight nudge/vibration and easily overcome. Having said that I always switch it off, as I do with Stop/Start.
-
What is your favourite thing about your Kamiq?
@Stoker That wasn't me, it was MarineBoy. As for coasting and dabbing brakes, I prefer as I suggested to use manual mode so engine braking holds the car at the correct speed.
-
What is your favourite thing about your Kamiq?
Could be both if circumstances are correct, same behaviour as my Karoq. Not sure why you're asking?