Cheap Ebay Alternative to MFD2 installed.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dany-red

I like some of those pictures compared to the earlier witson, however they still need to improve on the ipod and mp3 playback interface as they still look a little basic. The earlier units also seemed to have RDS on the tuner and this seems to be missing now.

mannyo,

I agree with you about the poor interface on mp3 playback. it has 8 chars like old dos system :thumbdwn:.

About ipod the main problem is the limit of 128 rows after that it's unable to show the list of artist, albums or generes. Instead the interface is quite similar to the ipod screen. Witson says that is not up to them to improve this interface. I should ask and pay apple to improve it :mad:.

I confirm, NO RDS on this unit with radio mode.

I still have to find how to play music during gps navigation with this unit

Could someone help me? :confused:

I still have to find how to play music during gps navigation with this unit

Could someone help me? :confused:

Problem solved :D

I don't know why but into settings views gps was in OFF position even if when I run gps it worked.

If I place in gps ON is possible to active the double function "play music" + "gps navi".

This could be useful for all new model's owner ;).

Would these units be compatible in a Fabia II with the Dance HU? Which one of the two would i need as they seem to be different shapes, and which one is better? Which one is the shape of the Audience HU and is the Audience HU the same size as the Dance HU?

Edited by snownrock

How do you press enter on the screen on igo? If I want to changes voices etc.. I can pick the voice, but can not press enter? Is my resolution to high? Or want schould I do. Have also tried route 66, but it is to simple to me:-) Hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

How do you press enter on the screen on igo? If I want to changes voices etc.. I can pick the voice, but can not press enter? Is my resolution to high? Or want schould I do. Have also tried route 66, but it is to simple to me:-) Hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

yes, probably you have to set the right resolution to be allowed to see the commands on the bottom of the screen.

This can be manually done into the sys.txt file.

Here is the sys.txt with the correct resolution for iGo8. With these settings everything is working just fine with me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[folders]

app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"

[interface]

skin="ui_igo8"

resolution_dir="480_234"

vga=1

maxzoom2d=6000000

show_exit=1

[rawdisplay]

class="landscape"

screen_x=480

screen_y=234

[loading]

show_statustext=1

show_progressbar=0

progressbar_x=85

progressbar_y=134

[gps]

set_messages=0

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dany-Red - the two devices are not the same in their size...so i think D780 version should be able to be fit in Fabia 2. I tried with mine and fit perfectly in Roomster which i think is 1:1 on size with the Fabia 2 Unit....

I have copied your sys.txt to mine, changes the things that had to be done.... So far so good, but now it says: Failed to open file: ui_igo8/480_234/main_scheme.ui?

What can I do?

OK then i will have to send you the whole data.zip....Give me an e-mail, or find me in Skype and i will send you the file.

e-mail : [email protected]

Hi, people i got the w780 last friday and been playing ever since, all seems to be working fine but the big question is how the hell are we supposed to connect the changer up ????

GeekPod's are the new cd changers, then you don't need to keep changing your cd's when you get bored of them cos you can fit em all on the one ipod:thumbup:.

lol wrong answer, now i need more money. :rofl:

right back to ebay for a free view tuner and a pod

also ive seen a few posts on here about the radio being pants, ive found its the link lead, if you push the cable in more it works better

I received my 782s and now i have some problems:

-if the light is switched on the is a buzzing sound

-all time the navi try to start, i see the main menu or another menu only a few seconds

-igo8 can't use 480_234 resolution because the is no part in my data.zip only 400_240

So i need some help.

many thanks

I received my 782s and now i have some problems:

-if the light is switched on the is a buzzing sound

-all time the navi try to start, i see the main menu or another menu only a few seconds

-igo8 can't use 480_234 resolution because the is no part in my data.zip only 400_240

So i need some help.

many thanks

Hi, im not sure about you buzzing but for the igo8 you need the 480x234 folder, let me kmow if you need help finding it :)

Edited by martin1611

hey there is it really worth going for one of these unit and is it simple plug and play even for the sat nav side of things.

also what is the differance between the two unit:

OCTAVIA

OCTAVIA II

is it for different models of car new/older ??

what about those one's Car DVD Players 2 DIN - Double DIN Car Video Entertainment Systems - From China ??? I think it is the cheapest e-store..!!!

Possibly cheaper, but the Witson unit has an OEM appearance wheras the other units on the site you mentioned don't. I think to many people here, one of the main factors in the volume of interest in the Witson units is this OEM appearance. :)