Talex/Novus Database Discussion

VRStu

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELP NEEDED!

Wonder if someone out there could help me?

I recently upgraded and bought a new computer using Vista. I installed the talex software and driver, plugged in cable and all was working well for the past two months.

Last night I did a System Restore to Factory Settings, after doing this re-installed talex software and driver to find it cannot locate the driver and thus will not update the device,

Has anyone any advice on how to sort the problem out, I cannot understand it as i say it was locating and updating fine for me before.

Any help would be much apreciated.

I took up the offer to update the old Talex to the new 08/3A Series in September . It had the 8073 database.. As I dont use the Talex exclusively for camera detection I did not bother to

take up the update subscription till 29th Dec . Yes I know not the best time of the year to do anything. After fone calls and e-mails finally told this morning the database access was now active.

Problem is I get "Error 14 Flash detection software download fail.....on all Com Usb inputs. This is with the new download apps whether via my laptop or desktop. Uninstalled old software first and uninstalled and reinstalled new software so many times am at wits end,,

Has anyone got the solution to this problem ???

Help am going bonkers with this... JAKE

im taking it the lead you using is the one out of the box and not an old lead? if its an old lead then thats the problem.

Have you downloaded the correct drivers? try this driver http://www.novusgps.com/uploads/Updates/usbdriver.exe something i had to use on one of my pc's to get the new talex to work.

see how you get on with that first if that dont work then let us know.

Yeah the lead is the one out of the box, what i can't understand is it worked fine on my old pc running XP, then bought a new pc with Vista Os on it and it also worked fine, now after doing factory settings restore its not having any. Once software and driver have been installed i plug the lead into a free usb and get the messege "installing driver" then I get another messege saying "cannot find driver please install from disk" as i don't have a disk I ask it to scan pc for it and just doesn't find it.

Will try that link SMSTEXT and see if I have any luck, thanks for you're help and i'll get back to you on it.

have you tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it then right click the program select properties and then choose run in xp mode?

Just noticed another thing, are you putting it into the same usb socket? also try plugging it in with the mode set to normal to see if it can see it, once it does then unplug put into download mode and then start up the talex update program.

Re the leads... Did I / have I made a mistake in thinking the original Talex and the new version have different leads ??.. They looked exactly the same so used the original as that worked with no problems, and when used with the new Talex powers it up in the Port the connection shows camera and safe detection and when switched to the D/L the front blue led lights up..

Re the leads... Did I / have I made a mistake in thinking the original Talex and the new version have different leads ??.. They looked exactly the same so used the original as that worked with no problems, and when used with the new Talex powers it up in the Port the connection shows camera and safe detection and when switched to the D/L the front blue led lights up..

the leads look the same but for some reason the lead from the original talex doesnt work on the new one for downloads (or so i have found) but put the lead in that is in the box of the new one and it seems fine.

YES ! YES ! Correct I put my glasses on finally and found the original new box and

the new lead was still wrapped up.. Put it on connected all ok and the database

updated to 9011.. Wonderful, am now a happy new year bunny... Or something like that.. Just got to remove all that egg and stuff.

Thanks to all for info.

Would be lost if it were not for Briskoda etc etc..

cheers

JAKE

lol, Jake you did the same thing i did when i first got my new talex as the lead looked the same, it was only after the 3rd try i decided to try the new lead instead and bingo it worked!!! glad you got yours working.. now waiting to hear on lee?!?!?!

ive just spoken to steve at talex about the database, there has been a problem affecting the server for the "New" talex this is why some of us have been having a problem, the IT guy has reset it saying the server got to cold or something but should be ok now.

Tell me, smstext, is your real name Adam Blair? or do you just handle Talex's PR department?

This thread has been useful in the past when the Talex/Novus split was happening, but it seems to have turned into a Talex promotion.

Personally I'm quite happy with the FREE updates from Novus for my full-fat Talex.

Tell me, smstext, is your real name Adam Blair? or do you just handle Talex's PR department?

This thread has been useful in the past when the Talex/Novus split was happening, but it seems to have turned into a Talex promotion.

Personally I'm quite happy with the FREE updates from Novus for my full-fat Talex.

nope i work for a logistics company, i occasionly update my novus device but the database imho doesnt seem to get updated as quick as talex and further up north i went with both the less reliable the free one was. But each to their own, if you want to post each time its updated then feel free, i think talexuser was posting up each update when it happened.

Well we've just completed a round trip from the north east of Scotland to Leeds and I thought I'd report back.

Before setting off on Friday I updated my Talex Lite with the latest Talex database and my Garmin sat nav with the new Pocket GPS World database.

On this 700 hundred mile trip the sat nav performed flawlessly picking up every fixed camera and active mobile site. The Talex was less impressive missing completely one GATSO on the A68 and two active mobiles on the A1.

If I'd been speeding and relying solely on the Talex I'd be waiting for the Notices of Intention to Prosecute popping through the letter box!

No database can get mobile locations 100% correct as they are that mobile and might not be there for months on end, have you informed talex of the locations ([email protected]) if they are unique you will get free subscription for taking the time to let them know. Ok it missed 3, but i bet it warned of a few locations that pgps didnt have. I have noticed it does depend on where you are in the country to how good each of them fair, cornwall the talex won hands down, around where i live its closely matched.

Lastly all gps camera detector companies have small print that say that the device is only guidance and you shouldnt rely on it to tell you every location as you shouldnt be speeding anyway etc to cover there backsides ;)